Least useful skill

DeletedUser

i asking people to discuss and try and decide what is the least useful skill overall, each person can weigh in on what they think and im wondering if we'll have a concensus. i have a couple of nominies myself, in no particular order.

A. Animal instinct
B. Repairing
C. Swimming

Edit: new nominie

D. Horseback riding

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

A. Animal instinct: two highest difficulty jobs are 2x trapping and 1x animal instincts (hunting grizzlies and stealing horses). Highest difficulty 2x animal instinct is catching horses (134).

B. Repairing: Not horrible. Some high difficulty jobs, but not the best skill to get them. Shooting or hiding a better choice.

C. Swimming: great at low levels and a good choice if you want to start with one skill for low level XP and respec or switch specs later. You can't argue with rafting wood at level 12 naked. Pure swimming until building a bridge then switching to leadership might not be a bad idea.

Animal instinct, no question.

DeletedUser

i agree with elymr, and ima add a new nominee just to see what people think

DeletedUser

HBR: about the same as swimming, but you can stick with in longer. Pony Express @ level 29 naked.

DeletedUser

Stamina. Most used skill in the game as far as the number of jobs it shows up in but only Hunting Coyotes has 2x stamina.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Stamina. Most used skill in the game as far as the number of jobs it shows up in but only Hunting Coyotes has 2x stamina.

Yes, but it's one of the skills required to be able to do all jobs (Level 102 is required, which is currently impossible. New gear or new quests with SP rewards must be added, or the level cap must be removed). Swimming is another one, as a matter of fact.

DeletedUser

I would say aim unless you like dueling. It is not used in any job so far as I know.

DeletedUser

It isn't health, aim, or dodging, none of which are job skills, but they can't be called useless just because they aren't job skills.

DeletedUser

yeah i knew not to include any dueling skills as there all useful in there own way for duelers. and horseback riding rue you cant get pony express 29 naked, but thats not the greatest job.

DeletedUser11353

Animal instinct for sure. Repairing, stamina, swimming and few others mentioned above are going to be used in fort battles so they`re not that bad

DeletedUser

stamina is already used in so many high level jobs its useful, and as for horseback riding increasing speed if you have a quarter horse thats 250 percent total speed youll have, would 50 horseback riding giving you 50 more speed be much of a help?

DeletedUser

stamina is already used in so many high level jobs its useful, and as for horseback riding increasing speed if you have a quarter horse thats 250 percent total speed youll have, would 50 horseback riding giving you 50 more speed be much of a help?

its some of the few skills that effect game excluding jobs

DeletedUser

that may be true, but is it useful i mean speed isnt that importnt unless your jobs are very far away from each other, or as a dueler going to different towns but then you shouldnt put points in horseback riding anyway

DeletedUser

i don't say its very useful and someone should put points in it i am just telling

DeletedUser

It's definitely not swimming or stamina. Doing all jobs as I mentioned before was calculated by Dr.Drud as requiring the following attributes and skills:

102 AP:

0 Strength,
18 Mobility,
23 Dexterity,
61 Charisma,

306 SP:

19 Vigor
100 Stamina
70 Hiding
16 Swimming
100 Shooting
1 Leadership

Non-class quests allow a total of 24 skill points and 4 attribute points. Adventurer quests, since they are most likely to do this, give 20 SP or 15 SP and 1 AP, for a total of 54 SP or 49 SP and 5 AP. At level 99, you have 351 SP and 103 AP after completing all quests, assuming the first option (decision 1 or 3 on the last quest), so it would be possible earlier, but would have to include swimming and stamina, unless there's another solution.