Killing a human whom has illegally entered your home, banish or allow?

DeletedUser

well my state alone has 1 third of your nations population small population plus
far lower population density , plus relative seclusion are far more relevent factors in those crime statistics than ease of gun access

if you read the states i posted 84% of thsoe rapes we discussed happen without a weapon of any kind

and many studdies have shown a direct corilation to areas with less gun regulation having much lower crime rates as criminals dont follow the law to gain and possises guns but if mroe regular people have them then criminals are less likely to risk accosting someone

but given where your from i can definately see why you are a tad more reluctant than others

DeletedUser1121

if you read the states i posted 84% of thsoe rapes we discussed happen without a weapon of any kind

Another stat from your post:

73% of sexual assaults were perpetrated by a non-stranger.1

Tell me, do you have a gun within reach everytime there is a non-stranger of you in the house? Do you tell your wife or kids to keep a gun withing reach when their uncle comes over?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Another stat from your post:

73% of sexual assaults were perpetrated by a non-stranger.1

Tell me, do you have a gun within reach everytime there is a non-stranger of you in the house? Do you tell your wife or kids to keep a gun withing reach when their uncle comes over?
it doesnt say that there in your house or even let in in fact often they still broke in

and my gun is in the same place weather there already in the house or they broke in in the middle of the night

DeletedUser

As I have heard said, "I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."

So, akimbo Taurus Judges? Dcgincc, you're pretty badass. I love the way you think. ;)

@lspiderl: Maybe our opinions differ because of the place where we live.

Netherlands in 2009:
The total population 16.5 million
35723 cases of burglary
157 murders
5131 sexual assaults (all, not specified)

My hometown
The total population is 9.566
10 cases of burglary
0 murders
10 sexual assaults (all, not specified)

As you can see, the chance of getting murdered in the Netherlands is extemely low.
Just as the chances of getting a burglar in your home are. The combination of these the chances of getting killed during a burglary are so low, it can be ruled out.
but maybe that is just because you can't get a gun with a box of cereals here.

Sources:
http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1401/home/integration/nmc/frameset/nieuws/misdaadmeter.dhtml

America's population is 300,000,000. (300 million). So, in comparison to the netherlands, our pop. density should adjust to:

burglary at 649505
murders at 2854
sexual assaults at 93290

But, in actuality; it is much higher in the US, and finding a decent site to list them all is incredibly hard.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So, akimbo Taurus Judges? Dcgincc, you're pretty badass. I love the way you think. ;)

America's population is 300,000,000. (300 million). So, in comparison to the netherlands, our pop. density should adjust to:

burglary at 649505
murders at 2854
sexual assaults at 93290

But, in actuality; it is much higher in the US, and finding a decent site to list them all is incredibly hard.

the reasons being many

one population density more people in less space

the netherlands is virtualy a static population

additionaly the average age in the US is lower than the agerage age in the netherlands

so a LOT more people much younger in less space is a far more volitile situation

DeletedUser1121

the reasons being many

one population density more people in less space
That isn't true.
USA: 31,9 inhabitants per km²
Netherlands: 397,7 inhabitants per km²

the netherlands is virtualy a static population
Not a clue what you mean with this.. Sorry.

additionaly the average age in the US is lower than the agerage age in the netherlands
Can't find the numbers, so please provide them.

DeletedUser

That isn't true.
USA: 31,9 inhabitants per km²
Netherlands: 397,7 inhabitants per km²

Not a clue what you mean with this.. Sorry.

Can't find the numbers, so please provide them.
when you look at major citties when 95% of al our crime is the population density is at least 3 times that if not far far more in areas like newyork city and la and such

static population means that your population is stayin relativly the same theres not real population growth the general population o fthe country doesnt increase by a lot year to year ( there can and is some small growth but compared to most major nations the growth percentage is small )

lastly ill have to search them agian but the average age in the us is mid 30s while the average age in the netherland is in the 40's

by n large the netherland has far far less youth than the us and most nations

DeletedUser

But, it is like the criminal who tried to rob some peoples garage when theywhere on holiday, he got stuck in and nearly starved, and the family got charged.

DeletedUser

where I live You ae only allowed to shoot tresspasers below the belt

DeletedUser

Hahaha---that's some country then!
So,probably in the legs.But I would probably shoot where you aren't supposed to...So for me that wouldn't make any difference.xD
*joke*

Well stopping an intruder by simply wounding him in the leg or shoulder is quite good,if you can aim right.You only have seconds probably(if there is danger of him attacking you)then fear and panic can take over,wich could result in death.