kicking outta hotel...

DeletedUser

I don't want certain buggers to stay in my town.

Would be nice to toss them out tbh.

DeletedUser

So you're just being fecescious then - no good reason other that you got a bug...

DeletedUser

There needs to be some sort of control over this. I am a dueler and town founder. This is a tactic that gets abused. The sleep, duel, sleep, duel game never gives the town that is being attacked a chance to hit the dueler back. I would suggest something like this and it starts over evertime you visit a town.

1. Can go to sleep right away if you have not dueled any member of the town.

2. Must wait 10 minutes after duel finishes before going to sleep.

3. The wait period increases by 10 minutes for each consecutive duel in that town.

4. If you leave the first town and duel in another town the wait periods in town 1 reset and start over when you come back.

DeletedUser

Kinda old bump but ya this problem needs to get addressed.

Sleep/duel/sleep/duel /sleep makes it impossible to get rid of players camping your town.

Inno did say something about the possibility of attacking a player where they are instead of having to walk to their town, but that was awhile ago and I dont know if that will ever happen, also I'm not sure it will help against town campers unless they shorten the time it takes you to duel people who are in your own town.

DeletedUser

I have one in my town right now. He won't hit me because of level difference. I am a duler and do use the enemy hotel. Ido not camp out there for days at a time though. After 2 or 3 duels in that town and I am gone. This is a problem that needs to be addressed there is no easy solution but at least I did suggest one.

DeletedUser

3 days later and he is still living in my town. His town is less than 10 minutes from mine so even when he goes home to dump his money we still can't hit him. The devs need to find a solution to this. Like I said earlier I am a dueler and have used the enemy hotels, but I am not a coward who will not give the other town a chance. All my non duelers are now just queing sleep to keep from being hit.

DeletedUser

wouldnt this be fixed when they do the thing where you have to go to where the person is to duel? im not dueler but if KOd you return home no? and if it works where they have to go to where you are wouldnt they still be there and have to travel back to your town making it harder for them to "camp" your town?

like i said im not dueler i just happend to read this post and got thinking on it i could be way off base though sorry if i am

DeletedUser

wouldnt this be fixed when they do the thing where you have to go to where the person is to duel? im not dueler but if KOd you return home no? and if it works where they have to go to where you are wouldnt they still be there and have to travel back to your town making it harder for them to "camp" your town?

like i said im not dueler i just happend to read this post and got thinking on it i could be way off base though sorry if i am

No matter where I am or my towns people a dueler has to come to my town to duel us not go to where we are. It would make more sense if you had to meet face to face that would fix lots of problems.

DeletedUser

theres some other strings saying they are working on the dueler needing to go to there target (like say the job they are doing at moment) not town . im thinking it is for future update ,if so would that fix this topic as well?

DeletedUser

Sleep/duel/sleep/duel /sleep makes it impossible to get rid of players camping your town.

Not true, there are ways around it, especially if there's a pattern to when they wake, but even if it's random you might get lucky.

Hint: the duel doesn't have to be the first thing you have queued.

DeletedUser

we have a person in our town who jumps from town to town to only be able to attack one or two people and go right back asleep. the person cant beat half the people in the town and only stacks attacks on one or two people. its annoying because the ones that are constantly under attack are considering quitting the game and to be honest some already have.

i say make it possible to eject a person.
if its an issue of safety for the offender then if they are ejected make them undualable for 48 hours after ward.

i much prefer a black list to keep unwanted people out. either is a viable option. in our town its been going on for just shy of a month.

the person attacks the same people time and time again and barely gets and XP. most of the people in the town are too high of level to nail him so he is picking at lower leveled players just starting out.

DeletedUser

There are bad ideas.
Then there are dumb ideas.
Then there are ludicrous ideas.

Then there is this.

If you don't want to be dueled, get out of town.
Simple.

DeletedUser

Hm.. Perhaps you can eject 1 person then you have to wait a certain time period? And if they come out with an update where your town gets the money for people using your hotel and they use a level that isnt free (adventurer only 1-2 are free), the town doesnt get the money from the ejected person and it goes back to the player...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Sorry this is so long, but I had a lot to say, please read it thoroughly.

I think some of you don't understand the abuse in this. 1st of I am a dueler, so I don't want to hear this (I'm hate'n on duelers garbage). I'm not totally against using the hotel to heal your health, but this can and is being abused in the game.
Like was said earlier, a member in world 3 has attacked a town repeatedly for about a month. duel/hotel/duel/hotel/duel/hotel repeatedly. He never leaves the town, or the hotel long enough for anyone to get any retaliation, including myself. NOBODY, has time to set on here for 24/7 just waiting for him to come out of the hotel to get him to back off. When he does come out, he is out for only 10 minutes and it's near impossible to get your duel qued up in time. Even when your online already in his town waiting for the chance. I think if a person does this for a day or so that is not so bad. but a month? It's ridiculous that a town with the 6 people who can duel just as good as the attacker can't kick this guy from the hotel and get him to leave the easy targets alone (Workers and Adventures). That is how this is being abused. And yes a few people have quit the game because of this. I'm sure your wondering why one person alone would even want to do this to a town. It's beyond me, I have been wondering that as well. He claims he has stole a lot of cash, but everyone said he hasn't gotten that much, unless he thinks $12 is a lot. I think he might have gotten lucky once, and thinks it will always be that way. I really don't know. The people in the town aren't really against dueling, there are some duelers and soldiers in the town, but when you attack a town a lot, you should expect some type of retaliation. This guy fears retaliation, for some reason, maybe lack of defenses. Who knows, but obviously he thinks it's ok to attack but not be attacked. Basically he is a coward and knows that better duelers are after him for this.
I've said this before, In the REAL OLD WEST, the town would form a posse and remove the guy from the hotel. Don't tell me what Clint Eastwood did in movie, about how he took over a town. That is Hollywood. Check out something that did happen. Jesse James in Northfield Minnesota. Those people didn't let him come right in and take their money and shoot up their people. They fought back. Also most literature on real Outlaws have them leaving town after robbing the Bank or anything like that.
My suggestion is this, allow the Mayor of a town or even counsil, to remove 1 person from their hotel on a daily basis. Just one person daily. No sooner than 24 hours from the last time they kicked someone out. That way this doesn't get carried away. Make it where the person getting kicked can not go back in to the hotel for at least 24 hours from being kicked out of it to begin with. That way they can't abuse getting kicked out. You could say that it takes at least two towns members that are within the dueling level of the offender to make it possible if that makes you happy, so that there is some requirement to removal. Let them have their money back for paying for their room. It's not like the townspeople got this money anyway. If the guy wants to hide in the hotel, make it to where he has to go to the next town and hide. This opens up a window of oppurtunity for the towns people to retaliate and end the abuse. Next since I'm sure some are wondering this as well. What happens when I'm kicked from a Hotel and I thought I was safe? Well let's say this, you automatically go safely back to your town and finish your rest in your own town. That way your not unexpectedly attacked, but yet you haft to travel back to the town if you want to continue to attack them repeatedly. Which this protects the attacker and also gives the people of the town, time to mount their attack. It will also make the attacker think twice before doing this dirty way of playing to anybody. This wouldn't be needed if some people had some respect in what they did, but they obviously don't care about ruining the game for others.
If you think this is unrealistic, tell me how a guy who hides in a hotel when 6 duelers who are just as good as him that can't remove him or stop him from picking on easy targets is realistic. Atleast my idea gives both sides an equal chance.
One more thing, if the game makers don't want to allow the members to go safely back to their own hotel. You could allow them to finish their rest in the opponents town, but once the remaining sleep time expires they can't que it up for 24 hours from that point. That would also mean if they had another 8 hours qued up already. Once a person cancels their sleep to attack. That would also start the 24 hour removal. I have a few options throughout this idea, I think it makes it fair for everyone. I can't believe this loophole in the rules hasn't been fixed already.

DeletedUser

what u said is a good suggestion to this problem, but that would require a lot of changes in the game

DeletedUser

Maybe so, but what do you do, allow this to happen and then people quit? I'm not in the town that has this problem, I do have family and friends and some people I only know because of this game in the town. I was told some good members have red dots next to their names and have been this way shortly after this started. Here I am a far better dueler than the attacker, but can't do anything about it. Most of the members of the town just want to be able to retaliate. You can't retaliate against someone who is always in the Hotel 24/7.

Here is what I have done to slow it down though. Encouraged everyone in the town to improve their own dueling skills. This has worked somewhat, some Workers and Adventures were really far behind on this. Also it is in these groups we have people quitting. Next, I get him kicked from every town he joins. I do this to help buy time, free of attacks for the towns people to improve their items and skills. It only helps for awhile, also most of the time while he is no longer part of a town, he still camps out in the town he attacks. So he doesn't gain much, but sometimes he will go do a job for awhile to get some income. If anyone has a better Idea on how to handle it, let me know. Also in regards to talking to him, he speaks very poor English and it doesn't make any sense. So it's a waste of time trying that method.

It's within the rules to do what he is doing, but the rules need to be changed. When someone does it this long, It's abuse.

DeletedUser

It's within the rules to do what he is doing, but the rules need to be changed. When someone does it this long, It's abuse.

I completely agree, and I play a soldier class. In times of war, I will make use of their hotel because to travel back to mine leaves me vulnerable.

I think it would add a touch of realism to the game. You go into a town, you duel their members, you become a wanted person in that town. In the real west, you'd be run outta town despite that DND sign hanging on your doorknob in their hotel.

I think you could work that into the idea that someone has about Jails. Make the odds go up very much to get caught if they remain in town.

I'd love to see them do things that make the town function greater than a discount trade show.

Also, with regards to the retalliation deal, I still think if someone "challenges" players in a town, it should lower the level restrictions for retalliation. There are people who abuse it, but anything that puts greater control in the players hands, and the members of their town to handle and deal with people abusing a member, I think its better for the game as a whole.

DeletedUser

its not only the soldier class but the adventure also he will lose the bonus character and if they can kick you from the hotel.......