Resolved Kate's wedding band (The unknown thief)

DeletedUser

Hi i can't do a quest it's to hard and i asked for help from my town members they said some stuf but every time i do it something goes wrong!
i don't know why??the name of the quest is Kate's wedding band (The unknown thief)
i was wondering if i could give my user name and password to my town leader and he finishes this quest for me!!
is it ok with the rules???!
so if it is not some one please tell me how to finish this quest i have tried every thing i go to my town at 7 pm with no weapon but it doesn't finish!!

DeletedUser25632

Hello, Amiroo.

As JoxerTM has posted above you're not allowed to give your password or account to anyone else.

Now, on to the quest. For this quest you are required to have $200 or more on pocket( I did this quest with $2750 on hand.) Wait until 7pm Which is 19:00 Server Time to see the Server Time look on the bottom right of your screen when the west is opened. It's right under speak. If it is between 19:00 and I believe 23:50 you can do the quest make sure you do not have a weapon equipped. Check back with the Sheriff and see if a new quest popped up. If it has, you must beat the Thief without a weapon on. If you fail to beat him, try adding some Dueling Gear or adding points into dueling.

If you cannot get the quest to work for some reason, perhaps you finished it before and you are currently on the other part of it after getting 5 silvers you give them to the sheriff and you must wait until Wednesday Server Time in order finish the next part of the quest which requires you to beat the dealer from which you get the Ring.

To see completed quests go to the sheriff and look under completed quest and look for the following:
Kate's Wedding Band (The Thief)
Kate's Wedding Band (Silver Mining)

If those are completed, you're on the last part which requires you to wait until Wednesday Server Time.

DeletedUser

thank you very much man!
i will try this one more time but thank you for the great advice!!!
if i don't do it this time i swear i will delete this character and go make a new one in world 12!!
so which world are you in???!
what's your name there???!:):)

DeletedUser

Hello, Amiroo.

As JoxerTM has posted above you're not allowed to give your password or account to anyone else.

Now, on to the quest. For this quest you are required to have $200 or more on pocket( I did this quest with $2750 on hand.) Wait until 7pm Which is 19:00 Server Time to see the Server Time look on the bottom right of your screen when the west is opened. It's right under speak. If it is between 19:00 and I believe 23:50 you can do the quest make sure you do not have a weapon equipped. Check back with the Sheriff and see if a new quest popped up. If it has, you must beat the Thief without a weapon on. If you fail to beat him, try adding some Dueling Gear or adding points into dueling.

If you cannot get the quest to work for some reason, perhaps you finished it before and you are currently on the other part of it after getting 5 silvers you give them to the sheriff and you must wait until Wednesday Server Time in order finish the next part of the quest which requires you to beat the dealer from which you get the Ring.

To see completed quests go to the sheriff and look under completed quest and look for the following:
Kate's Wedding Band (The Thief)
Kate's Wedding Band (Silver Mining)

If those are completed, you're on the last part which requires you to wait until Wednesday Server Time.

Is there a set time on Wednesday? I have done as you have said but for some reason the dealer part of the quest is not showing up.

DeletedUser

D'you still have 5 silver in your inventory? If not, it will not show up until you get some.

DeletedUser

D'you still have 5 silver in your inventory? If not, it will not show up until you get some.

I had the 5 silver I went and checked for the quest it wasnt there. The only thing it let me do was complete the 5 silver quest there was no new quest to fight the dealer.

DeletedUser

To fight the dealer, needs to be Wednesday, no weapon on and still have those 5 silver.
Weststats says it clearly and there's nothing more or nothing less to it.

DeletedUser

To fight the dealer, needs to be Wednesday, no weapon on and still have those 5 silver.
Weststats says it clearly and there's nothing more or nothing less to it.

hehe thanks I figured out what happen.. I forgot the no weapon part...lol

DeletedUser

No Ring

What happens if I don't have the ring? I got through The Thief, and the Silver Mining potions of the quest but I can seem to get past the next stage because I didn't get the ring when I did the silver mining part. Now it says that I don't fulfill the requirements even when I'm unarmed on Wednesday.

DeletedUser

Do you still have the 5 silver? You need 5 silver still in the inventory.

DeletedUser

Wednesday server time? And are you sure you completed silver mining?

javascript:AjaxWindow.show('quest',{quest_id:205},'205');

And you didn't complete the dealer already, forget about it, and sell the ring?

javascript:AjaxWindow.show('quest',{quest_id:206},'206');

DeletedUser

EXACTLY!
I'm pretty far along in the game, so I don't remember if I had the ring at one time and (stupidly) sold it, or what became of it..
Sheriff Quest list shows that I have done the other parts.. I can be unarmed with cash on me at the correct time, and still without having Kate's Ring that quest cannot be done!
how do I get my hands on Kate's Ring?!

DeletedUser22685

If you have sold it, you won't be able to get it back as it's a quest item.

DeletedUser

Try to send in a support ticket if you sold it. Quests cannot be repeated and there is no other quest that rewards it.

DeletedUser

I have tried to complete this quest and cannot get it.

I am wondering if its a time (real time) difference in location?

I went into the saloon at 7:00 PM on wed. with exactly 200.00 cash and no weapon. and it isn't working for me.

I have followed the directions given with no luck. I am wondering if it matters that I am playing from the U.S. and in EST (eastern standard time)?

DeletedUser

your answer is in the 3rd post of this thread
that posting tells how and when to do each phase of the quest
if you dont do each phase like what he says, (the REQUIRMENTS for each phase) it wont work,continue,complete, finish or however you want to put it until you meet ALL the requirments for the phase of the quest your doing
btw weststats says $300 on hand

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

7 pm is The thief on Monday (unarmed with $200 on hand and/or in the bank), the Dealer is any time Wednesday. All times are server time. If you're on The dealer, you still need the silver from the previous quest.

DeletedUser

19:00 hours military time = 7:00pm EST i am on the east coast home sick from work and was finally able to get this part done i may have to wait till weds to get the next part done