Just very disappointing

DeletedUser9891

Can an Admin advise whether they'll find a creative way to deal with people who behave like an idiots, skim the edges of the rule book and make peoples games less entertaining?

There are a number of players like that, one very recent example of that being a player lying there way into a town, dueling allies or builders that would never otherwise be attacked by a dueler from that town, then drop out and send taunts to the builders they dueled.

These same people like to come and troll and whine and flame, purely because it gets them off.

Where I come from that's griefing, perhaps because I have a lower tolerance to idiots that some, but I find the behavior of some players unacceptable

"Fair play" to them for doing something they enjoy, but surely when the vast majority of mature players who come onlne to have fun, chat when the time is available etc etc shouldn't this behavior be viewed as unnaceptable?

I am enjoying the game but avoid the forums now, purely due to the fact that I really don't enjoy them, as I watch nice and fun people get lured into idiotic text duels with people who are at an extreme of the community... those who self serve with little respect for others.

I've watched some people quit over this, which I am sure will "tickle" those concerned, but when you make a game so unpleasant that they leave I think you should be ashamed of yourselves.

I dislike the 12 year old Clan mentality.

I was going to write more, but actually I really can't be bothered.

Only reason I've been on at all in the last week has been the excellent 1 week ban on all things FoM. I would happily sign up to no more FoM threads, period. We do all our work ingame and I now have to avoid the forums so I don't have a neural association between FoM and un-fun conflict.

If there's anything from a Mod to suggest that perhaps this sort of stuff is dealt with on the basis of the unwritten rules (and common decency and respect for your fellow man/woman/child) please write me ingame as I don't think I'll actually check back.

I am sure lots of you find it "fun" to be involved in and watch, I just find it very disappointing to watch what should be a Community being so divided and so unpleasant to each other.

DeletedUser

This was too long and I didn't read it, but is it too early for me to respond? Or do I have to wait until the week is up?

DeletedUser11353

Can an Admin advise whether they'll find a creative way to deal with people who behave like an idiots, skim the edges of the rule book and make peoples games less entertaining?

Agreed, it does get pretty annoying watching adults acting like 12 year olds

There are a number of players like that, one very recent example of that being a player lying there way into a town, dueling allies or builders that would never otherwise be attacked by a dueler from that town, then drop out and send taunts to the builders they dueled.
I can confirm that, he was in my town and was kicked soon as he started dueling builders and allies, true noobs who likes destroying everything that someone have been working for, it can really ruin game for you

These same people like to come and troll and whine and flame, purely because it gets them off.

Where I come from that's griefing, perhaps because I have a lower tolerance to idiots that some, but I find the behavior of some players unacceptable

Imo they should be banned from forums

"Fair play" to them for doing something they enjoy, but surely when the vast majority of mature players who come onlne to have fun, chat when the time is available etc etc shouldn't this behavior be viewed as unnaceptable?

Agreed

I am enjoying the game but avoid the forums now, purely due to the fact that I really don't enjoy them, as I watch nice and fun people get lured into idiotic text duels with people who are at an extreme of the community... those who self serve with little respect for others.
It does get pretty annoying watching same crap from same idiots every day
I've watched some people quit over this, which I am sure will "tickle" those concerned, but when you make a game so unpleasant that they leave I think you should be ashamed of yourselves.
I hate such a behavior, you really got to be narrow minded to destroy something that people work hard for

This should be enough, maybe they`ll finally understand
Only reason I've been on at all in the last week has been the excellent 1 week ban on all things FoM. I would happily sign up to no more FoM threads, period. We do all our work ingame and I now have to avoid the forums so I don't have a neural association between FoM and un-fun conflict.
I think we all agree on this one
If there's anything from a Mod to suggest that perhaps this sort of stuff is dealt with on the basis of the unwritten rules (and common decency and respect for your fellow man/woman/child) please write me ingame as I don't think I'll actually check back.
I hope something will be done
I am sure lots of you find it "fun" to be involved in and watch, I just find it very disappointing to watch what should be a Community being so divided and so unpleasant to each other.
It`s not funny to me, I hate to see people arguing and insulting each other on place where we should have fun

DeletedUser

This thread looks to me like it's extolling the virtues of them who aren't to be named. If they break the rule first, isn't it okay for me to respond in kind?

DeletedUser

I've just been given the go ahead.

Perhaps if you didn't try to dictate the way other people played the game, you wouldn't open yourself up to these kinds of attacks.

Just sayin'. FoM's charter specifically requires players like me to appear out of thin air to poop on your goals.

DeletedUser

Basically your gripe is not against the rules. Nowhere does it state that if you are accepted into a town that you have to not duel people. That is simply your town rule and, frankly, is the same kind of malarkey clan mentality that you are complaining about. If someone is role playing and gets into your town then it is your fault for not choosing your town mates better. This may not be a FoM thread but you are still being whiny. Get over it.

DeletedUser11353

The problem is his disrespect towards people who have decided to invite him to their town and give him their trust, he doesn`t have any moral, it`s just so vicious from him cause you should follow your town rules and not be ass towards your founder and town mates

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think he was addressing the the original poster, and not me.

DeletedUser

With my dueler, a bandit mind you, I do not have any morals either. I will attack anybody for any reason at any time. Why? Because it is fun. If someone is going to quit because I play my dueler this way then this wasnt really the game for them to play anyway.

DeletedUser11353

Yeah I`ve realized it now that I`ve read it again, I`ll edit it

DeletedUser

I never thought I'd find myself agreeing with a FOM again...I used to be copper, but This post is correct....stop trying to dictate how other people play.
As long as the game system allows it you will have PK's and players who are just very annoying.

DeletedUser

Well now that the week is up and they can bash away again .. I'm out of here.
I'm not gonna bother reading or even visiting the forums again as they are gonna be turned into BCs own private bashing sessions again.:mad:

DeletedUser

I'm not gonna bother reading or even visiting the forums again as they are gonna be turned into BCs own private bashing sessions again.:mad:

I'm no longer in BC. They booted me. Or haven't you heard.

Also.

You've said this before.

DeletedUser13388

DRAMA !!! :D:D:D

KittenKicker,you are late.Bosta already took the crown :)

DeletedUser13388

Seems our QUEEN will retire :D And i was starting to like that girl,after she took the crown :D.

Lets find other queen :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

What do you think the "wild" in "wild west" stands for? cookies and milk and friendship?

DeletedUser9891

What do you think the "wild" in "wild west" stands for? cookies and milk and friendship?

If this was a strict Roleplay game and the players concerned were RPing there wouldn't be any issue, Toko.

Even in RPGs you get plenty of dorks using a thin veneer of RP to grief people... from the most simple "I am Evil" claim to fabricating some random back story... but GMs/DMs usually weed them out when they notice that players are being chased out.

Premium payers aren't that common and tend to be older, so you'd think that the cash that funds this game would be protected, otherwise there'd be no game.

Some few people RP here, and have RP towns, which I'm all for them enjoying. Personally I don't have the time or inclination for it in a browser game, although I was a fan of various online MMORPGs before now.

What I am talking about is people deliberately hissing other people off to get their jollies.

How can that be right?

As to the other BS Claims that we want to "r00l da wurld" and bully people, I don't care to control other people, nor do I wish to force others to do what we want, FoM is an option for those who want to protect themselves and otherwise can't.

We just mediated another peace treaty between 3 towns at war and we didn't even fire a shot, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it :p

I'm not "fluffy", nice or a care bear player, but watching people quit because people treat them like khak? sad. And I'm sure the people who come here to mock are exactly the sort of people I am talking about.

As for a Posse? Already in place, people are being moved from town to town until eventually they'll have to wait days and weeks to join another and will be a minor irritation rather than just an irritation, but I wanted to know if Admins are allowed to work beyond the rules when people are obviously skirting the edges of them.

People left Sin City after they started getting a taste of their own medicine, when numerous offers were made to broker a peace, which they turned down. After they created a load of local ghost towns.

When people get off on "Pwning" other people or deliberately making it unpleasant, that's a disappointment.