Job Animation Pic {Contest}

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

post the pic made by you for different west jobs (as the hammer one sucks)

and follow all rules
NO ANIMATED PICS

a poll will be added later
and also name the job of which the pic is .......... :D

Participants

1.Celxius
2.TitusMaximus​

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14280

When did I say I'd participate?
Oh yeah, on the other thread.

I'm not so sure of my abilities to do a good job, but with your approval, I'll help judge the entries.

And why no animated pics?
Surely we can bend this rule, considering what this is for.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I offer my services to help judge too.
Im not good at drawing pictures but i "may" have a go, but after i see what my draft piccies look lke.

DeletedUser

its not about good drawing :D
maybe you get a good idea and some better drawer make it ... its just about fun and some better in game pic :D

DeletedUser14280

maybe you get a good idea and some better drawer make it ...
Well, if you say that...

General 1: worker doing measurements with ruler.
General 2: worker having discussion with boss.
General 3: worker studying map.
Picking _____ jobs: portrait of picker, right hand holds celery, left is picking up more.

DeletedUser

You can animate if you link to the picture instead of display :)

DeletedUser

How many different animations should we come up with?
We could group picking foodstuffs under one animation. Hunting under another. Or would each job have its own animation ?

DeletedUser

Is the hammer an actual drawn animation or is it made with a model?

DeletedUser14280

I think it might be just a drawn pic.

Why hasn't anyone posted a pic, animated or otherwise, yet?

DeletedUser

Well if they're using a model, it changes the way an animation would be made. For example, a SecondLife screenshot versus a drawing in MS paint.

DeletedUser14280

Fair point, but why create a model just to take a few pictures from the same angle?

DeletedUser

Because a model can be made to make any motion with a 100% accurate representation of that model. Drawing a guy is all fine and good, but you may draw him slightly different from frame-to-frame which would result in a jumpy animation.

Have you ever played games like Runescape where you have a character that walks around? That's a model and it resembles what they have here in the West (animations). A full-body constructed model who can be made to move in certain ways and then have progress shots of those movements taken to form a 2D animation.

In the case of hammer guy, if he's a model they can use him to hammer or to do anything they want and he will still look just like himself unless they purposefully change the model.

DeletedUser

Good. So instead of having people go all-out making drawings/animations, perhaps this thread should be geared toward animation ideas/sketches. If there is already a model, then they need to a.) decide what animations to implement b.) decide if more should be added and c.) find a way to implement them.

Seeing as walking and working have different animations, they should be able to do it, but depending on the coding, it may be tougher to make them job-specific. It all takes time of course, so it's up to the willingness of the-west's coders.

DeletedUser

There are many anamating programs that i have that can make this work with no prob first i just need to draw my textures (the guy) and make a model of a guy and im set to go.

DeletedUser

i cant really draw this, so i will describe it:
The guy from the hammer holding a sledge hammer and pounding a railroad spike over and over again.
that is my submission

Status
Not open for further replies.