James' Band/Composer of the Week --- The Black Keys

DeletedUser

Family and my girlfriend always come before the forum JR. Anyways, new band will be chosen Sunday. Just decided to pop in today cause tomorrow I got a date and Saturday, I'm going to MUSE!!! Hell yeah!!!

DeletedUser

Family and my girlfriend always come before the forum JR. Anyways, new band will be chosen Sunday. Just decided to pop in today cause tomorrow I got a date and Saturday, I'm going to MUSE!!! Hell yeah!!!

As it should be.

Looking forward to seeing what you'll pick.

DeletedUser

Instead of doing a pick of the week, I shall judge the concert I went to last night. Here we go!!!

Muse

Special Effects: Excellent. Good laser, amazing to say the least. Favorite part about the show. 11 outta 10.

Music: Spectacular as always. The guys gave an amazing performance, and the choice for Silversun Pickups as the opening band got me psyched for Muse. 10 outta 10.

Clothing: No offense to Matt Bellamy, but the only downside of the concert was his pants. The lights actually shined off the light blue tight skinny jeans and were kind of annoying due to that shine. Overall, they got a good sense of clothing tastes, but those pants made me angry. 7 outta 10.

Overall: See this band, or me and Gem will murder you in your sleep :). Amazing band, amazing effects. Love em or you die. Simple as that.

DeletedUser

Instead of doing a pick of the week, I shall judge the concert I went to last night. Here we go!!!

Muse

Special Effects: Excellent. Good laser, amazing to say the least. Favorite part about the show. 11 outta 10.

Music: Spectacular as always. The guys gave an amazing performance, and the choice for Silversun Pickups as the opening band got me psyched for Muse. 10 outta 10.

Clothing: No offense to Matt Bellamy, but the only downside of the concert was his pants. The lights actually shined off the light blue tight skinny jeans and were kind of annoying due to that shine. Overall, they got a good sense of clothing tastes, but those pants made me angry. 7 outta 10.

Overall: See this band, or me and Gem will murder you in your sleep :). Amazing band, amazing effects. Love em or you die. Simple as that.

I am exceptionally jealous of you. Very very very much so. :mad:

I hope to go this November or the next time they're in London.

Also, the pants sound nice XD.

DeletedUser

Now for a pick of the week!!!

pantera-logo.gif

Pantera_2000.jpg

Date of Formation: 1981
Type: Groove/Thrash Metal
Members: Vinnie Paul, Dimebag Darrell, Rex Brown ,Phil Anselmo, Terry Glaze
Years Active: 1981-2003
Albums: Metal Magic (1983)
Projects in the Jungle (1984)
I Am the Night (1985)
Power Metal (1988)
Cowboys from Hell (1990)
Vulgar Display of Power (1992)
Far Beyond Driven (1994)
The Great Southern Trendkill (1996)
Reinventing the Steel (2000)

The Cowboys from Hell. This band will teach you about respect. But for some, this music is completely *&^%$#@ HOSTILE!!!! PANTERA AND DIMEBAG DARRELL FOREVER!!!!

DeletedUser

I'm jealous now too. Ive missed a muse concert when I had an opportunity to get tickets in koln, and now you got to see silver sun headline for em. I woulda killed to see silversun play. Amazing band.

DeletedUser

Oh come on!!! No Pantera love? Oh well. Time for some more METAL!!!

Children_of_Bodom_logo.gif

Children%20of%20Bodom%20-%20Promo%201

Date of Formation: 1993
Type: Melodic Death Metal
Members:
Alexi Laiho
Roope Latvala
Janne Wirman
Henkka Seppälä
Jaska Raatikainen
Years Active: 1993 - Now
Albums:
Something Wild (1997)
Hatebreeder (1999)
Follow the Reaper (2000)
Hate Crew Deathroll (2003)
Are You Dead Yet? (2005)
Blooddrunk (2008)
Skeletons in the Closet (2009)

Finish metal at it's best. Are You Dead Yet? is one of the best albums for metal head's who like piano, metal, and screaming involved in their music. COB is one of the best out there even if you love em or hate em.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I need people here. COME ON!!!!

Jimi_hendrix-logo-32A68A009F-seeklogo.com.gif

Born: November 27, 1942
Died: September 18, 1970
Who was he?: The god of the electric guitar.
Years Active: 1963-1970
Albums:
Are You Experienced (1967)
Axis: Bold as Love (1967)
Electric Ladyland (1968)
Band of Gypsys (1970) (live)
The Cry of Love (1971)
Rainbow Bridge (1971)
War Heroes (1972)
Loose Ends (1974)
Crash Landing (1975)
Midnight Lightning (1975)
Nine to the Universe (1980)
Radio One (1988)
First Rays of the New Rising Sun (1997)
South Saturn Delta (1997)
Valleys of Neptune (2010)

The god of the electric guitar. Died of unknown causes. Worship him.

DeletedUser

I'll show some love. He is a god, and always will be the best electric guitarist in my opinion. Period.

DeletedUser14239

Yeah great picks dude!! Pantera and Children of Bodom are both insanely awesome.

DeletedUser

MEGADETH

megadeth3.jpg

Date of Formation: 1983
Type: Thrash Metal
Members:
Dave Mustaine
Chris Broderick
David Ellefson
Shawn Drover
Years Active: 1983-2002, 2004-Now
Albums: Killing Is My Business... and Business Is Good! (1985)
Peace Sells... but Who's Buying? (1986)
So Far, So Good... So What! (1988)
Rust in Peace (1990)
Countdown to Extinction (1992)
Youthanasia (1994)
Cryptic Writings (1997)
Risk (1999)
The World Needs a Hero (2001)
The System Has Failed (2004)
United Abominations (2007)
Endgame (2009)

One of the original big four of thrash metal. They are one of the best, even though Dave Mustaine can be a ****** bag at times.

DeletedUser8950

MEGADETH

megadeth3.jpg

Date of Formation: 1983
Type: Thrash Metal
Members:
Dave Mustaine
Chris Broderick
David Ellefson
Shawn Drover
Years Active: 1983-2002, 2004-Now
Albums: Killing Is My Business... and Business Is Good! (1985)
Peace Sells... but Who's Buying? (1986)
So Far, So Good... So What! (1988)
Rust in Peace (1990)
Countdown to Extinction (1992)
Youthanasia (1994)
Cryptic Writings (1997)
Risk (1999)
The World Needs a Hero (2001)
The System Has Failed (2004)
United Abominations (2007)
Endgame (2009)

One of the original big four of thrash metal. They are one of the best, even though Dave Mustaine can be a ****** bag at times.
Can be? Dave Mustaine is THE living ****** bag.

DeletedUser

I can't believe Muse are still number 1! Anyway, I think they are very good.:laugh:

DeletedUser

Muse is the only modern band I've enjoyed since Linkin Park's second album, they're one of the few with talent anymore.

DeletedUser8950

Muse is the only modern band I've enjoyed since Linkin Park's second album, they're one of the few with talent anymore.
Word.
I don't really enjoy any music from artists originating outside the 90's tbh.