jail

what do you think about having a jail in our towns

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser

No, because nobody would duel any more, and duelling is a large part of the game

DeletedUser

yeah but you dont have to duel somebody when ther in a town do you we could get duels in the middle of knowhere or even
say two people go to a town that they are not in,they have a duel and one losses the concequence is you go into that towns jail for public order and so on

DeletedUser

Nobody would actually go to jail but with a jail built and a sheriff appointed in your town losers can be locked up but are forced to pay a release fee instantly out of there pocket, bank or there town treasury. (great way for one town to make money and another to lose money and make someone get booted) if somehow there is no money to pay then they get an hour in holding.

The class of sheriff would be a saught after member for towns.

DeletedUser

and then when you are in jail one of your friends from your town can try and bust you out but if that does not work then hes in there too!

DeletedUser

Go to jail. Go directly to jail. Do not pass GO, do not collect two-hundred dollars.

Hehehe.

One idea for a jail is when you're doing outlaw jobs, such as robbing graves, ambush, etc. (Yes, these are all real jobs in the game).

It would also be interesting to acquire a new lock-picking skill, or at least job, that requires the skills: Stamina, Hiding, Fine Motor Skills, Tactics and Appearance. Or perhaps a job that requires the involvement of your whole town to bust you out of jail, requiring from each player the skills: Reflex, Dodging, Leadership, Tactics and Animal Instinct. (I chose these skills based on their descriptions and the usefulness that comes to mind).

DeletedUser

Or perhaps a job that requires the involvement of your whole town to bust you out of jail, requiring from each player the skills: Reflex, Dodging, Leadership, Tactics and Animal Instinct. (I chose these skills based on their descriptions and the usefulness that comes to mind).

Why dodging?

DeletedUser

I think they'd start getting a lot of complaints the first time someone who was paying for premium features got thrown in jail and couldn't do anything with them.

I agree! i think if you go in jail and are idle then it should not affect your paying status and it is postponed and you get an extra day added on to the account while your in jaiol you cant do anything, but there should be an option that if you want to get out of jail then you can sacrafice your extra day to get out of jail, or if you cant afford that then you can wait!

Also an option for your towns people can come and rescue you and break you out of jail. You can go to jail for raiding banks and they should have a train station and you can travel from town to town...hmmm im going to make my own post now!! :D IDEAS!!!!

DeletedUser

Why dodging?

Whether you have several horses tied to the bars to break them free(I know you only see this in movies) or blow open the back with dynamite, there is going to be some debris flying, and you'll need to be able to dodge to make sure a chunk of stone doesn't take your head off.

Of course, if you don't use horses, you can replace Animal Instincts with something like Stamina, or Horseback Riding, as a way to escape(of course, the horses would be frightened by the explosion, so Animal Instincts would still be necessary, so maybe remove Tactics). Also, dynamite is very loud, there'd be no time for something like Construction or Repairing. Hiding from the blast, maybe. Fine Motor Skills for setting up the explosives, another maybe. If you don't have a wick, you could choose Shooting or Aim, for hitting the TNT, especially if the guards come after you.

These are just random thoughts swirling around in my head. Don't mind me. :D

DeletedUser

i got 2 ideas :p you build a sheriff and from him you gets like a mission to caught a bandit (not a player) well when you meat this bandit you have to duell him and if you win you use your handcluffs and take him to the sheriff and you gets some money and exp,,, thats the first idea....

the secound idea is that someone duells you in your town and you win then the sheriff puts him into the jail and he loses his wepon and 10% of the money thats on him. He gets released after 10h or so and he walks away without his wepon and some money if he dont buy the wepon back for 10% of whats it worth, the money goes to the town treasary, but if hes town members come and rescure him before 10h have passed he gets his wepon back and his money too and they walks away :p oh to rescure him it have to be like 20% chance to make it :p

sorry for my bad english :S

DeletedUser

Jail option

As the chief lawman in my town I think that the jail option is a good idea. The reason why is as the game exists now duellists can come in and victimize townspeople of all their money and theres not a whole lot that can be done about it. I can go after the duellist, sure, but if my levels are higher than his which is usually the case, then I cant do anything at all. If the options of a jail or a trial before a circuit judge existed, this would make the game not only more accurate but more fun to play for everybody including the outlaws because it would require more planning and strategy on their part in order to function in what they are doing. Most of the similar games on the net now have jail options where someone can be locked up for varying times, so it cant be that hard to do. If we had a circuit court option it could even be staffed by impartial people from other districts who would render binding judgments in the cases and pass sentence on the accused. Thats my two cents worth anyway.

BT Prudhomme, Marshal

Town of Rebels Rest

DeletedUser

Maybe people who are defeated in a duel go to the towns jail, and a town mate can bust him free for a few xp. :)

Yeah i agree with you except the xp part you should just lose some money.

DeletedUser

I agree with Prud, but the only problem is how long it may take for judgment to come down. What if someone is away for a few hours or a few days and cannot enter their decision?

I really like the over all idea, especially the option to bail yourself out or to stay for a set duration.

Another question I have is how would the town be paid if the convict isn't part of your town?

DeletedUser

Answers

The system as I see it would work much on the same model that the US uses today. Each jurisdiction could house its own offenders, and in those cases where a resident of another town would need to be jailed, then a reciprocal agreement could be enacted, where each town could house foreign offenders on the understanding that their people would get the same treatment in other towns. Granted it wont always balance out, but in government service, what realistically does? And the model could be tailored even more to make it more playable, which could add an exciting element for legal professionals and law students who have an interest in the law of the land in this time frame.

DeletedUser

How i think it should work is this;
1. Town's founder puts a price on a particular player's head from the treasury menu.
2. This amount then appears in the rankings window under 'Bounties'
3. If the player is killed they go into that town's jail. and whoever killed them gets half the money as a reward.
4. The amount of time in jail is based upon the bounty amount, say $100 = 1 hour.
5. The imprisoned player may walk out from jail if at any time when they are online the town has no one available for duelling.
6. Whoever killed the last player of the imprisoning town gets the other half of the bounty.
7. if the imprisoned player serves their full time in jail the imprisoning town get's all their money...and the player loses their inventory.