Jacob - Easy!!!!!

DeletedUser

I have a little trouble with him myself. It's a matter of him hitting me once or twice and I can't deal enough damage (even buffed with dueling gear). I'll get lucky one of these times.

scratch that - just beat him 0 - 22 lol.

Alpr
Level 39
Dueling level 39
Challenger
vagabond_small.png
Duel location

Miestas7
jacob.png
Jacob
No hit

No hit No hit

No hit No hit

No hit No hit

No hit No hit

Strike: Head
- 22 HP No hit

No hit No hit

No hit No hit

No hit No hit

Total health points
- 22 HP Alpr wins the duel. Jacob did not carry any cash and Alpr walks away without taking any money.

DeletedUser

Jacob

Took me 7 attempts,the first 6 using melee weapons and different stances,clothes etc..then i changed to a shot gun,brown bow,grey shirt,fancy cotton shoes and fancy cap,i finally won.i hit him 3 times for a total of _35 points and jacob didnt hit me once.i was ducking down on every shot.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11812

Finally....
after 16 attempts I finally beat the old geezer. As a non dueling adventurer he passed me out the first time. Then I started silver mining and bought all the gear I thought I would need and respecced some skill points. And finally this evening after buying the hat I did it.
Just had to let someone know, my girlfriend just frowns when I show my enthousiasm :)

Sorry to waste the bandwith but not really.

Oh and just to be complete: the final score: me 19 him 46. (lvl 41 adventurer)

PS: Can I not fight Mugridge and keep the treasure? What if I click the saloon? Or on Mugridge himself?

DeletedUser

You won't get the treasure but the money..
If you want to do all the quests and give mugride the treasure,..You get +750XP +
1)$9342
+5 skill points towards Dodging
+5 skill points towards Appearance
Adventurers Hat.

2)$10961
+1 skill points towards Mobility
+5 skill points towards Hiding

Adventurers hat and a Mustang,.

3)+10 skill points
Adventurer's hat

So,..Its up to you to decide to sell the treasure and get $13K ..Or give it to mugride and get any one of that reward..

More info?
Go here-
http://www.weststats.com/Questgroup/?group=28

DeletedUser

You won't get the treasure but the money..
If you want to do all the quests and give mugride the treasure,..You get +750XP +
1)$9342
+5 skill points towards Dodging
+5 skill points towards Appearance
Adventurers Hat.

2)$10961
+1 skill points towards Mobility
+5 skill points towards Hiding

Adventurers hat and a Mustang,.

3)+10 skill points
Adventurer's hat

So,..Its up to you to decide to sell the treasure and get $13K ..Or give it to mugride and get any one of that reward..

More info?
Go here-
http://www.weststats.com/Questgroup/?group=28

id go with number 2. the cash plus the sales of the mustang (or the price you dont have to pay for it, if you keep it) makes up for most of what you would get for selling the treasure. and the skill points more than makes up for the $2k loss for not selling the treasure.
as for option 3, it would cost less than the $10k to move the skills you get from the quest (which you can move)

DeletedUser11812

Thanks for your view and the options, for now I will just enjoy the view of the treasure in my product slot :nowink:

DeletedUser

I went for option 2.i tried option1,but i didnt have the rightspec.clothes or weapons to win the duel,i was only losing a 150 points each time i dueled mugridge,but i was doing bugger all damage with me melee and firearm weapons.the town im in,our tailor and general store are only at level 4 and 3 and its way to dear to buy from other towns for the clothes i required.option 2 is the way to go me thinks.

DeletedUser

I went for option 2.i tried option1,but i didnt have the rightspec.clothes or weapons to win the duel,i was only losing a 150 points each time i dueled mugridge,but i was doing bugger all damage with me melee and firearm weapons.the town im in,our tailor and general store are only at level 4 and 3 and its way to dear to buy from other towns for the clothes i required.option 2 is the way to go me thinks.

um, diplomacy? you can be allies with other towns, and then get free access to their towns through joining their town.

DeletedUser

um i thought thats what this thread was all about, how to beat him.

DeletedUser

KO'ed the *******! Next up is mugridge
ph34r.gif

Total health points
- 210 HP

Total health points
- 1000 HP Jacob passes out. Cooto3s wins the duel. Jacob did not carry any cash and Cooto3s walks away without taking any money.

DeletedUser

i cant beat jacob... i need tips anyone have any for me?

see how he duels its pretty easy once you know how he dodges and how you hit him..
though it is harder to kill him than mugridge