Inventory Limits

DeletedUser

Obviously someone thought it was a good idea, otherwise it would have never got voted yes.

I enjoy games that are more realistic rather than simple. A game should be a challenge otherwise you would get bored with it. I think you should have a storage place in your town at your residence. Being able to pack a few tons of items onto a horse is unrealistic and not challenging at all.

I hear too much about how a idea is bad because it makes it too easy. Well this is one I'd like to turn that back on and point out, this makes it too easy.

The solution is not unlimited backpacks, It's storage at a residence.

To all those Adventures who don't want to be a part of a town. Give them an option of storage without actually being a part of a town.

If you think storage at a residence isn't good enough. Then you want it too easy.

DeletedUser

Obviously someone thought it was a good idea, otherwise it would have never got voted yes.

This was never put to a vote, it was a unilateral decision by the devs, not a player suggestion.

I enjoy games that are more realistic rather than simple. A game should be a challenge otherwise you would get bored with it. I think you should have a storage place in your town at your residence. Being able to pack a few tons of items onto a horse is unrealistic and not challenging at all.

Once again, how many blocks of granite do you think you could carry IRL? How about silver? In the 1870s, silver averaged $1.43 per troy ounce. $200 worth of silver is 9.59 pounds Avoirdupois, or 10 pounds. One full stack of silver is about 50 pounds. 30 stacks of silver would weigh 1500 pounds. Realism?

Artificial selective realism is not realism.

To all those Adventures who don't want to be a part of a town. Give them an option of storage without actually being a part of a town.

Is it really so hard to store your items? Unlimited storage in a town would be an improvement that simplified the game...less risk of accidentally selling products you don't want to sell, being able to collect items without cluttering your inventory, etc.

Are we not supposed to collect the item sets that the devs chose to implement? The sets current in game have a total of 40 items, 10 more than the 30-item limit originally mentioned!

DeletedUser

If the Dev's wanted it, then there had to be a good reason. I'd like to know that reason.

I understand what you saying on the weight of Silver and such will add up as well. You could carry some blocks on you and your horse. Not 30 of them of course. Your claiming I have selective realism. So answer this. Your carrying 2 Silver blocks to your residence is less real than carrying 30 of them anywhere you want?

Still storage at a residence makes the most sense. I don't want people to be forced to sell off their items, or be limited on what they own.

Ok 30 items, then unlimited storage at your residence.

DeletedUser

Make up your mind.

It's been made up for a long time. You want it too easy. This suggestion is not important. There are much better things for the Dev's to waist their time on.

Tell me the reason they want to put limitations on backpacks in the game. I really do want to know. It could end this discussion now.

DeletedUser

Tell me the reason they want to put limitations on backpacks in the game. I really do want to know. It could end this discussion now.

No it won't, you'll continue to disagree as long as I continue to disagree with hotel delays.

DeletedUser

I want to know the reason they want it. Why hide it?

Don't make this about something else. I'm not.

DeletedUser

I want to know the reason they want it. Why hide it?

Don't make this about something else. I'm not.

Oh really?

The game is supposed to be a challenge, just like busting a camper. Figure out what to do with restricted backpack limits. You want it so easy.

You've asked for unlimited banking and limitless backpacks.

Isn't that too easy?

You don't like a challenge at all. Heck, why bother playing the game if their is no challenge to it.

Oh it's funny when it gets thrown back at ya. but it's the truth.

If the cool down thread is too easy for us, then so is this idea and limitless banking.

You and others posted on the other thread about this game being a challenge, what happened? Really, What Happened?

Sorry, I say no, the game is and should be a challenge. In all aspects, not just the ones that suit yourselves.

DeletedUser

Denisero

Your confused I know. The 15 minute cool down time. It still takes effort. This idea there is no effort required. So who wants it too easy?

I just want to know the reason why the Dev's want this in the game? I have a feeling there is a really good reason they want it. So don't shy away from it. Let me know why?

DeletedUser

If we were the devs we would tell you. Still does not excuse the fact that you say you aren't making this about something else and then continually bringing up other threads to support your case. You're confused.

I was just pointing out how you make claims saying one thing while obviously behaving in a different manner.

DeletedUser

Your going off subject. It would be nice if you would stay on subject and quit trying to put more in to it than that.

Just tell me why they want this in the game? Someone has to know.

DeletedUser

I don't want limits on backpacks or any items. That would ruin the game for me and I don't know if I would continue to play. I am a premium player in three worlds. Why fix something that doesn't need fixed?

DeletedUser

1 - No restriction! Lol, seeing how muich i can get is half the fun of this game xD

DeletedUser8677

I hear too much about how a idea is bad because it makes it too easy. Well this is one I'd like to turn that back on and point out, this makes it too easy.

If you think storage at a residence isn't good enough. Then you want it too easy.

I will have to agree with JW their needs to be a limit on what you can carry in your backpack and there needs to be an established location in a town to store all your extra stuff. i.e. the back pack could have a limit of lets say 20 items and your "house" in town can store 100 items. Now these are just numbers i pulled out of the air and by no means a suggestion for the limit.
even thought you have one item that is better than another to do a certain job you do have items that you can wear that will do multiple jobs even though they may not be the best for that particular job it will do

DeletedUser

I will have to agree with JW their needs to be a limit on what you can carry in your backpack and there needs to be an established location in a town to store all your extra stuff. i.e. the back pack could have a limit of lets say 20 items and your "house" in town can store 100 items. Now these are just numbers i pulled out of the air and by no means a suggestion for the limit.
even thought you have one item that is better than another to do a certain job you do have items that you can wear that will do multiple jobs even though they may not be the best for that particular job it will do

Sugested something like this before.
But i rather see a value on each item wich discribe how much it need in your backpack.
So many items will take hugh amount and some almost none but rest i totally agree with.

DeletedUser

Well, wouldent it be better just to leave it as is and not go through all the stuff to put houses and stuff in? I mean really

DeletedUser

If this game were realistic, then the first, second or third bullet to hit your in game action hero would probably kill him/her.

Strict inventory limmits are not the way to go without option 2 in place, in my opinion. Hence

Aye for option 2!

DeletedUser

Other than the game developers is there anyone who actually wants Backpack limits??

Question:What happens to a person who cannot carry everything in real life???

Answer:They leave it at home,or put it in the back of a car. etc.

They simply do not sell everything and bank it all. If banks in game were more real to allow for this selling of inventories, then they would be unlimited.

DeletedUser12669

dont spoil thegame by limiting what you can carry i think its a stoopid idea

DeletedUser

Question:What happens to a person who cannot carry everything in real life???

Answer:They leave it at home,or put it in the back of a car. etc.

Another good point. Inventory limits are not realistic. IRL, there are no limits to what you can own, as long as you have the money to buy it. As far as I know, the Old West didn't have any minimalist constraints against owning more than you could carry.