Indian Reservation for NO Dueling

DeletedUser22493

This never can, and never will happen.
Can't make a safe zone within a war zone. Its just too easily abuseable.

Id opt for a pure Non-PvP server in that case.
Then all you happy simmers can unite yourselves and enjoy all the benefits a non pvp server has. Just to mention some. Double crossing, backstabbing, lying, stealing, foulmouthed, spying people, that lives happily ever after, without any worries of any consequences.

DeletedUser9470

i will wait for 1.32 before giving my answer on this.
that said i really like rebow's idea.
that way those who dont duel could go play simforts.
This never can, and never will happen.
Can't make a safe zone within a war zone. Its just too easily abuseable.

Id opt for a pure Non-PvP server in that case.
Then all you happy simmers can unite yourselves and enjoy all the benefits a non pvp server has. Just to mention some. Double crossing, backstabbing, lying, stealing, foulmouthed, spying people, that lives happily ever after, without any worries of any consequences.

this idea would also give inno an idea of what is more popular and thus more lucrative.
it would need at least a year to see the results, but it would be interesting.

DeletedUser24989

hahahah good idea man...if you are a chicken stay in the safe zone for eternity!!!!

DeletedUser21582

No to this idea.

If this is a simulation of the *real* Old West, I don't think being on a reservation was a guarantee that you would not get duelled. And certainly you couldn't do all jobs on one...

DeletedUser

No to this idea.

If this is a simulation of the *real* Old West, I don't think being on a reservation was a guarantee that you would not get duelled. And certainly you couldn't do all jobs on one...

There's nothing real about it. It's based on Western movies, TV shows, and books, not reality, otherwise almost no one would be getting dueled. It's excessive even for fiction. Dueling is really based on any game with more or less open PVP.

DeletedUser

Since the game has many different parts (missions, dueling, building, fortbattles, crafting) and they are all available to all players, there is no point in creating map areas where a player is not allowed to do that part. It would be like creating fear areas, where a player who fears one side of the game may be protected from the other players who do not fear it. I think we should all embrace life as it is, in its wholeness, instead of demanding places where life is not complete.

DeletedUser24989

Since the game has many different parts (missions, dueling, building, fortbattles, crafting) and they are all available to all players, there is no point in creating map areas where a player is not allowed to do that part. It would be like creating fear areas, where a player who fears one side of the game may be protected from the other players who do not fear it. I think we should all embrace life as it is, in its wholeness, instead of demanding places where life is not complete.
Or it's going to be like freaking runescape...in some places its safe and the others places is not...

Noobmic

I don't quite like this idea too much, but I support it :)

I don't like duels at all, I didn't made duels unless provoked.

From my point of view I think that an option that will say "cannot duel" will be much simpler to implement and without issues. By this I'm referring, in settings you will have a checkbox that will allow players to disable option to be dueled or to duel other players (NPC excluded). If you activate it then 6 months you will remain this way (cannot duel and cannot be dueled). After 6 months you can change this option. If you change the option then another 6 months you cannot change the status.

DeletedUser

i still say 'BIG FAT NO', borrowed someone's quote.

dueling is part of game. if you get dueled PUT UP BOUNTY. it's who the world works you put bounty i or someone will get it. or i put bounty you will get it.

DeletedUser

Yes, and clearly his intention is to do away with dueling because he hates it.

img.php

DeletedUser16008

OP here Ummm just so your all aware.

I put this up at xmas as a good will to all men joke...

Mmmm lets see I advocate killing and dueling anything that moves, including builders workers even forcing players to quit should you so wish always have & always will. If you dont like it then learn to defend yourself, apart from that tough luck, thats the way it is ..... or at least was until they turned the game into a pile of doodoo.

You honestly think its a good idea to make parts of a map immune to dueling when theres hardly any real dueling going on anymore anyway ?? :blink: jeeez no wonder this game has turned into a second rate nugget hook, they arnt even good at game/player relationship psychology, heck its not even a good browser game anymore.

Have fun debating over the most silly idea i could come up with in a PvP based game :p

Noobmic

This PvP game? Be serious.

This game doesn't have:
- a balanced bounty system (negative points: bounty by unknown, bounty with no reason, bounty doesn't have any real effect on player that is put for bounty);
- a balanced duel system (negative points: luck a factor in duel [e.g. in the 3rd round you hit someone and in the 7th round you miss ... wtf?!], unbalanced duel builds)

There are a lot of negative points that are in the concept of this game regarding PvP.

DeletedUser

in a PvP based game

There you go again, assuming that your way to play is the only way to play. If you're specced for dueling, you generally won't level the fastest, so why is the HoF based on XP rank? If you're specced for dueling, you won't be able to do all quests, so why are quests included alongside duel info in sig banners? 6 out of 40-something badges are for dueling, compared to 7 for construction. If you look at badges it's a construction based game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9470

There you go again, assuming that your way to play is the only way to play. If you're specced for dueling, you generally won't level the fastest, so why is the HoF based on XP rank? If you're specced for dueling, you won't be able to do all quests, so why are quests included alongside duel info in sig banners? 6 out of 40-something badges are for dueling, compared to 7 for construction. If you look at badges it's a construction based game.

im not sure i agree, if it was, then no one would play.
Simcity is miles better.

it is a pvp, and whatever setup you have doesnt necessarily affect how fast you level up.
as a pure duelist im sure vic levelled up just as fast as many other workers around him and maybe even faster.
tbh the fastest way to level up is to stick all points into hp.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22575

What does your post have to do with anything Vic said? You lost me here.

Let me quote Vics entire post again since you want to cherry pick 5 words form it.

OP here Ummm just so your all aware.

I put this up at xmas as a good will to all men joke...

Mmmm lets see I advocate killing and dueling anything that moves, including builders workers even forcing players to quit should you so wish always have & always will. If you dont like it then learn to defend yourself, apart from that tough luck, thats the way it is ..... or at least was until they turned the game into a pile of doodoo.

You honestly think its a good idea to make parts of a map immune to dueling when theres hardly any real dueling going on anymore anyway ?? :blink: jeeez no wonder this game has turned into a second rate nugget hook, they arnt even good at game/player relationship psychology, heck its not even a good browser game anymore.

Have fun debating over the most silly idea i could come up with in a PvP based game :p

Noobmic

TJ Tuttle - just think or watch at your character, how many duels you have initiated by you and how many finished jobs you have. After that you will answer how each percent is looking.

DeletedUser9470

TJ Tuttle - just think or watch at your character, how many duels you have initiated by you and how many finished jobs you have. After that you will answer how each percent is looking.

according to what you say it is a 100% PVP game for me.