Indian Reservation for NO Dueling

DeletedUser16008

Proposal

Indian Reservation.

Create a safe zone for those wishing not to be involved in dueling, every job would be available in the sectors yet NO Duels would be able to take place in said sectors. I would suggest the center x 3 sectors of the map as a matter of convenience for all if on new worlds or maybe x 3 sectors either east or west of the current map for ease of adding on to existing ones. This would then allow the rest of the maps players either in town or out of to be allowed to duel and take part in battles etc even if townless, creating more activity and participation yet also having an answer to REAL players wishing to avoid dueling altogether because they wish to work. Quest points etc would not change adding an element of risk as everything in life carrys a risk of some kind

Current Workaround
None.

Details
The Reservation would not have any forts nor any towns with shops, just a few shacks available to sleep in for the usual fees up to lvl 5 as with hotels. Plus a super trader with a lot more to offer on a daily basis.

Time Period:
When entering the "reservation" there would be a cool off period of 8 hrs before being able to enter, activated by sleeping in a number of border shacks on the sector borders.

Once inside the reservation you cannot be dueled or initiate a duel nor take part in forts or bounties etc ....

When you wish to leave the reservation there is a 24 hr countdown to do so, allowing you to leave the "reservation" immediately yet NOT able to rejoin a town or Fort battle or duel be dueled etc until the timer is finished. This would also protect those players for a period of time when leaving the reservation to do a quest run and return to the reservation or get to where they wish in safety. Once you have left the reservation the 24hr period MUST finish before you can start the 8hr countdown again to reenter.

Abuse Prevention
None.

Visual Aids
Not necessary but maybe a red border round the zone

Summary

A Reservation created for those who wish to just work in peace. A big update add on I admit but would silence those not in the game for duels or teamplay yet wishing to enjoy the game in peace.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Has this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No

DeletedUser22575

Not a chance.

One of the key parts of this game is dueling.

When you log into this game you see two cowboys dueling. When players start playing this game they have a choice of class to pick and know they are a dueling target.

Dueling has seen a lot of changes recently in this game to spot dueling, with the 45 minute revenge dueling, the deletion of the hiding from dueling behind the 48 hour NPC duel KO, and the addition of pants/belts.

The effects of this red zone would be for all practical purposes to put a 48 hour duel ko back into the game without the players being ko'd.

You would have players who lived in this red zone never leaving except to go to fort fights and with speed travel would never get hit. They would travel close to the forts to a hotel and go to sleep until they were ready to go to a fort fight. They would then do so and then nugget back to the reservation.

You are talking about players who have found a way to work the system for the 48 hour ko, the crackers, this would be no exception. They would work the 24 hour cool down also.

If players do not want to be dueled their is an option built into the game they can use to prevent it....and work in peace ...leave town.

NO to this.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28121

ohhh come on victor, why make this game even more complicated?? duelers got what they wanted, non-duelers like me will learn to make peace with it.....btw, no big moaning going on actually about the quest ko xcept that little thread in the saloon (and even there no one is complaining oh too much).....

DeletedUser

I'd prefer a option about dualing, an option to turn it on or off, and that takes 48 hours to come into effect after a change.

I'm perhaps missing the point of this game in some ways, but I and some friends are happily playing the game, buying gold and building our town without even thinking about duals and forts, all that happens is we occasionally get mugged for no good reason.

So I like the above idea, just not its implementation.

DeletedUser16008

Hey its just to show i know there are those who actually wish to quest in peace .. its not like they could run out take part in a battle and run away again due to the time restraint.

Personally I dont have a use for it but its the season of goodwill to all men so I thought id try to be a little constructive to all those peace lovers out there :D

DeletedUser26406

Yes! 100% a must!
only one county though.
Awesome idea

On request of our Good Feathered friend:Cuz It's just a good idea and I am not being sarcastic

Deleted User - 1278415

Yes! 100% a must!
only one county though.
Awesome idea

^Do you want to share those candied pills your on? :p just kidding. you sound very sarcastic, if not then please explain further why you think it is an awesome idea.. elaborate more I'm intrigued.

Um yea as a pure builder~respecd quester on several worlds I dont need a special reservation as everyone will flock to it and my big question is what about quests like Easter that has you going around the whole map or the solider looking for the girlfriend in random sectors.

I think it changes too much of the intended game, as dueling is a promised aspect of the game... and getting people to goto fort battles would be harder than ever. oh my gosh did I just catch myself agreeing with TJ. :blink:

DeletedUser22575

^Do you want to share those candied pills your on? :p just kidding. you sound very sarcastic, if not then please explain further why you think it is an awesome idea.. elaborate more I'm intrigued.

Um yea as a pure builder~respecd quester on several worlds I dont need a special reservation as everyone will flock to it and my big question is what about quests like Easter that has you going around the whole map or the solider looking for the girlfriend in random sectors.

I think it changes too much of the intended game, as dueling is a promised aspect of the game... and getting people to goto fort battles would be harder than ever. oh my gosh did I just catch myself agreeing with TJ. :blink:

Do you need a slap to help recover from the shock GF? :laugh:

Another problem with this would be the need to have every job in the game in the "reservation area". Multiply this times every sector that had a reservation. You would essentially end up with a duplicate mini map within these areas.

Then there could be no forts on the reservation, since there could be no pre fort fighting dueling there.

DeletedUser

Make everyone SELL all weapons when they enter the territory, and perhaps that might work.

How would this have been "enforced" in real life?

I don't see how this would work as an implementation of life in the old west.

DeletedUser

The Idea is sound but it would have to be very limiting to be in the safe zone....

IMO, no bigger than 1 county (with at least 1 of each job) near the center or in a corner.
If a quest asks for you to exit that safe zone, too bad, you are not safe then.
I am sure Dueling in this county can be easily disabled while you are in the county.
There is a 45 minute window where you can still get dueled, but cannot attack while in the county. The timer starts over every time you re-enter the county.

Another Idea would be to create multiple zones, (Maybe the 4 corners and the 4 center counties) and allow the owners of the large fort in that county to enable/disable dueling in that county, forcing this action to have a 2 week or longer cool-down would be needed for abuse prevention. But I think this would create more of a desire to own these forts in particular.

Either of these options would allow people who want to peacefully live, the ability to do so....
But still IMO allow duelers to do there thing.

DeletedUser22575

The Idea is sound but it would have to be very limiting to be in the safe zone....

IMO, no bigger than 1 county (with at least 1 of each job) near the center or in a corner.
If a quest asks for you to exit that safe zone, too bad, you are not safe then.
I am sure Dueling in this county can be easily disabled while you are in the county.
There is a 45 minute window where you can still get dueled, but cannot attack while in the county. The timer starts over every time you re-enter the county.

Another Idea would be to create multiple zones, (Maybe the 4 corners and the 4 center counties) and allow the owners of the large fort in that county to enable/disable dueling in that county, forcing this action to have a 2 week or longer cool-down would be needed for abuse prevention. But I think this would create more of a desire to own these forts in particular.

Either of these options would allow people who want to peacefully live, the ability to do so....
But still IMO allow duelers to do there thing.

If you can't have dueling in an area you can't have any player to player combat in an area to include fort fighting.

Pre fort fighting dueling to drop opponents HP's are a part of fort fighting.

It has to be either a no combat zone of all types like proposed or no forts.

Details
The Reservation would not have any forts nor any towns with shops, just a few shacks available to sleep in for the usual fees up to lvl 5 as with hotels. Plus a super trader with a lot more to offer on a daily basis.

DeletedUser16002

I think its a very good idea to be honest, I also like the part about being able to duel townless people outside of this safe area, dueling inactives for the win :)

DeletedUser

no, to this whole non-dueling idea. worker or not you choose not to defend your self. just put a ko bounty on the person you duels you and someone will KO him. or just ask someone to beat him.

if you want to be left alone, join a old world were their are less people and you will rarely get dueled.

DeletedUser

how bout just leaving town?
yes, you'll pay to sleep, but what price does peace go for these days?
no to this idea.

DeletedUser

no to this idea. I can't imagine a cowboy in the old days saying to his opponent- "leave me alone I'm in the safe zone now".
and what if my town is located in this zone? do I have to travel to a different county for dueling?
isn't it enough that some of us are forced to wear a pink tutu in this game?
NO NO NO:mad:

DeletedUser

8 hours to get in? there may be abuse I attack a player away from time to enter the reserve but this varies greatly .... this interesting idea

DeletedUser563

No. Not a dueler myself but there is current workarounds i.e. working high danger jobs(sheriff, chasing bandits, ambush) close to the 48 hour that allow you to get KO'd close to your own sleeping time. Dueling in the duel section since your not a dueler usually don't take much either. It will take an strategic element out of the game and not add much since there is no sacrifice for the worker that enters. Fine you want to be protected then you pay 2 k to enter and must leave within 2 days. Reward with sacrifice. When you leave the 2k is placed as a bounty on your head and you may not enter again with a bounty.

DeletedUser19846

I like the idea, I don't like the cooling off period, and what if someone puts a bounty on someone and they go and hide, in the reservation, I say there fair game even in the reservation, ya a bounty can be collected any where, but I'm a dueler and I respect the idea that people want to do quests

DeletedUser563

I would suggest two change. Dueling players while their starting a town should not be allowed. Some quest should have a cool off period. Ridiculous to work a quest for days get like 10 k and be 3 hours from your town and then get ko'd and lose everything.

DeletedUser22575

I would suggest two change. Dueling players while their starting a town should not be allowed. Some quest should have a cool off period. Ridiculous to work a quest for days get like 10 k and be 3 hours from your town and then get ko'd and lose everything.

No and No. Ridiculous to run up that amount of cash on hand and not to have banked. You can bank through any town, or through your own with premmie no matter where you are.