I'm Gay, but if I admit it I will be shunned.

DeletedUser

And again i am putting here an example of old yugoslavia which had communist party in charge and yet it was country to wish for.

Yes, let's all start authoritarian governments and hope for the best. SURELY the one positive example of a Communist government you can come up with is more meaningful than the rest of them. Stalin? Ceausescu? Kim Jong Il? Pol Pot? No no no, the one dictator who best characterizes Communism is Tito.

No matter how idealistic your intentions are at the start, Communism only lasts when ruled with an iron fist.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

SORRY, HAVING SEEN THIS POST ON PAGE TWO I FELT THE REAL NEED TO REPLY TO IT.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT! ARE YOU SAYING THAT ONLY CHRISTIANS (OR MAYBE ONLY CATHOLICS) SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO "MARRY"? WHAT IS THE POINT OF THE NAME. HERE IS THE POINT, YOU ARE SINGLING PEOPLE OUT, AND YOU ARE BEING RACIST. I'M SORRY BUT IT'S THE PURE TRUTH. DEFINITION OF RACIST "TO BE PREJUDICE TO ONE GROUP OF PEOPLE BASED ON ETHNICITY, RELIGION, SEX, DISABILITY." AND PREJUDICE "TO BE MEAN, HURTFUL OR RESTRICTING THE RIGHTS OF, OR ANYTHING ELSE DEGRADING TO SOMEONE BASED ON A STEREOTYPED OPINION OF THEIR GROUP THAT THEY FIT INTO." THEREFORE YOU ARE RESTRICTING THEIR RIGHT TO CALL THEIR PARTNERSHIP "MARRIAGE". THIS IS RACISM.

you misread what my statement was. in my country we have something called SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE. The State shall make no laws favouring one religion over another. 99% of the arguments against gay marriage HERE is that marriage is a holy thing between a man and a wife in the eyes of god (doesnt really matter what religion, and i dont even name a specific religion in that quote, you assumed).

the only reasoning anyone has put forth as to why gays should NOT be given equal rights the same as straights, is religious based in my experiences and talking with ppl about the subject matter. SOOOOOO.... IF the term marriage is what ppl get so upset over, then take the word marriage out.

in places in the US, gays can get a Civil Union. its no where near the same as straight marriage. in my state, WASHINGTON we recently have what is called DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIPS. you only get 4 out of the 1600 (i think) rights and priveleges as straight marriage. DP's are for same sex couples and straight couples who have one partner older than 65. Our state supreme court even tried to say that marriage was for the production and rearing of children. So does that mean that sterile ppl and those over child bearing age arent allowed to marry? no, just gays. we even had one guy make an initiave to make a law that states that if a child isnt produced within 3 years of a straight marriage then that marriage should be dissolved since the supreme court here ruled that marriage was for the production of children. he of course knew it would never pass, he was just trying to make a point.

there would be no arguing over gay marriage if we just called all 'marriages' CIVIL UNIONS or Domestic Partnerships and all couples get the same legal rights and benefits or no one gets any. its quite simple. Who am I to push my beliefs or non beliefs onto anyone and vise versa?

Just to be clear about myself. I am a 28 year old lesbian woman, born and raised in the pacific northwest region of the USA. I believe that EVERY ADULT HUMAN SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO MARRY ANOTHER ADULT HUMAN IF THATS THEIR WISH, and be treated equally under the law.

DeletedUser

I believe that EVERY ADULT HUMAN SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO MARRY ANOTHER ADULT HUMAN IF THATS THEIR WISH, and be treated equally under the law.

just wondering were do we draw the line in being an "Adult Human"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
lets take a poll. what age do you consider an adult?

DeletedUser

Yes, let's all start authoritarian governments and hope for the best. SURELY the one positive example of a Communist government you can come up with is more meaningful than the rest of them. Stalin? Ceausescu? Kim Jong Il? Pol Pot? No no no, the one dictator who best characterizes Communism is Tito.

No matter how idealistic your intentions are at the start, Communism only lasts when ruled with an iron fist.

I speak of Yugoslavia because it is example closest to me and because of ill comparison between aids, pedophilia and communism. For other dictators you are mainly right.

DeletedUser16008

you have to ask yourself why would anyone wish to have sex with anyone underage. now if you look at the many different cultures you would see that an Adult can be any age. the Jewish cultures sees anyone over 13 as an adult so if this 14 year old was Jewish he would be a consenting adult. who gives the right to who is a "consenting adult"? "if two consenting Adults love each other they should be aloud to be together" isn't the slogan that is constantly used? now you really can't deny that a man that has/wants to have sex with another man (no matter the age) is gay.
even the boy said we has fine with it.

Your point is what exactly ? a silly tv show for ratings or that 1 instance is supposed to prove something about a whole group of society ? your rambling has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

PS Elmyr you cant hate communism as an ideal its far better than capitalism its the practised examples you may not like but you cant hate a ideology that is in theory fair to everyone. btw right now the US has a fascist regime under the thin guise of democracy and thats not too good either ;)

DeletedUser

just wondering were do we draw the line in being an "Adult Human"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
lets take a poll. what age do you consider an adult?

I think that would something that would vary from state to state, country to country.

In my opinion and mine alone, I would either say 18 years of age, the age you can sign legally binding contracts (since thats what a marriage/civil union is) and when you finish high school, or maybe even at the age your body and brain fully develop. I think the body is fully grown at 18 for women, 21 for males, but the mind isnt fully grown until age 24ish (not 100% sure on that though).

DeletedUser

PS Elmyr you cant hate communism as an ideal its far better than capitalism its the practised examples you may not like but you cant hate a ideology that is in theory fair to everyone. btw right now the US has a fascist regime under the thin guise of democracy and thats not too good either ;)
I have to disagree. Communist regimes have not succeeded once. Sure it looks good on paper, but really communism treats people as slaves/robots. Although this is a whole other debate entirely, you could create a new topic if you'd like to.

And the US is not a fascist regime :p

DeletedUser16008

I have to disagree. Communist regimes have not succeeded once. Sure it looks good on paper, but really communism treats people as slaves/robots. Although this is a whole other debate entirely, you could create a new topic if you'd like to.

And the US is not a fascist regime :p

I said the ideal of communism not the practise to date, its only flaw is human greed.

Fascism is the unchecked rule of a class of the privileged, or relatively rich, in power--a full-scale assault on poor and working people. Parliamentary institutions are usually set aside, or so demeaned as to be meaningless. Elites issue direct orders, frequently through a populist leader. Wages, any social safety net, working hour laws, labor laws; all come under legal (and extra-legal) attack. The stick replaces the carrot.

What do you call corporate and government merger where the tail wags the head because thats what you have in the US ? I call it Fascism.

Sorry off topic ill bring it back, change the stripes to rainbow thatll work and put a pink triangle on the dollar for good measure:p

DeletedUser

I said the ideal of communism not the practise to date, its only flaw is human greed.

Fascism is the unchecked rule of a class of the privileged, or relatively rich, in power--a full-scale assault on poor and working people. Parliamentary institutions are usually set aside, or so demeaned as to be meaningless. Elites issue direct orders, frequently through a populist leader. Wages, any social safety net, working hour laws, labor laws; all come under legal (and extra-legal) attack. The stick replaces the carrot.

What do you call corporate and government merger where the tail wags the head because thats what you have in the US ? I call it Fascism.

Sorry off topic ill bring it back, change the stripes to rainbow thatll work and put a pink triangle on the dollar for good measure:p

Yep, create a new topic for this stuff :p I don't want to drag this anymore offtopic lol.

DeletedUser31931

I'm actually extremely pleased with this argument. I made the thread whilst bored and looking for a good debate. I got exactly what I wanted. I thank everyone who has taken part in the debate and well, Let's carry the debate on. Anyway, back to the topic:

@jarp:
I agree with Victor, in theory Communism is actually the perfect system. The truth is that by the end it has been so twisted that it becomes something completely different. However I have a whole essay on How revolutions do yet don't change things. If you want I could post that essay on. (It is from when I did Kings scholarship, I ended not doing the exam in the summer but I did a lot of practices and I could post one of them on here. However that is a different topic completely.)

@Zarekbean
Read my later post, you call the majority marriage and one section Civil unions then you are just going to provide a spotlight of singulation (don't know if that's actually a word) which will single out gay people from everyone and make them a commodity, a rare item. This is then dehumanizing.