If you were a REAL cowboy...which pistol would u use in a duel?

DeletedUser

Haha. Barret .50 Cal's are awesome! Except, those weren't around in the cowboy days. Lol.

I can't believe no one has mentioned my favorite non-period gun, the AA-12 automatic shotgun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c
Those are for military only. The first prototype was made in the 1970's. But still, that's just a prototype and even if there were cowboy's in the 70's, they wouldn't be able to get a hold of one.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Not many.
By the way, this is called "If you were a REAL cowboy what pistol would you use?"

Are you blind? Barret's and shotguns are not pistols.
:laugh:

DeletedUser

Not many.

You must not be from Texas or Oklahoma...or the Southwest, or Midwest, or Great Plains. I'm guessing you're a city boy and not a Wild Westerner at all. :p

Edit: As a matter of fact, I would guess that there are more cowboys alive today than there were in the late 19th century, because there is a lot more beef, even if we don't do cattle drives anymore. Beef doesn't start at the grocery store, city slicker.

DeletedUser

You must not be from Texas or Oklahoma...or the Southwest, or Midwest, or Great Plains. I'm guessing you're a city boy and not a Wild Westerner at all. :p

This is just a game. The name of your character doesn't have to be where your from.
Actually, I live in the south.
:eek:

DeletedUser

Not many.
By the way, this is called "If you were a REAL cowboy what pistol would you use?"

Are you blind? Barret's and shotguns are not pistols.
:laugh:

But you do have me there. ;)

Edit: I'll also give you that the cowboys we do have today generally don't carry pistols...well, too many of the Dallas Cowboys.

DeletedUser

Hehe. True true.
"The Boys" don't normally carry pistols in their games. :)

DeletedUser

Hehe. True true.
"The Boys" don't normally carry pistols in their games. :)

Not in games, but Jerry Jones has a penchant for signing players who have carried them outside of games. Mark my words: we will see Plaxico Burress in a Cowboy's uniform.

DeletedUser

Heh... I actually know of more women who carry pistols than men...

And yeah, my university here is known for their rodeo team... trust me a lot of these guys are "naturals", because that is how they live.

DeletedUser

Not in games, but Jerry Jones has a penchant for signing players who have carried them outside of games. Mark my words: we will see Plaxico Burress in a Cowboy's uniform.

... and Michael Vick!

DeletedUser

Michael Vick probably would carry more than a pistol, hehe.

But.. he's in prison, and he never played for the cowboys.
Lol.

DeletedUser

... and Michael Vick!

Michael Vick probably would carry more than a pistol, hehe.

But.. he's in prison, and he never played for the cowboys.
Lol.

Michael Vick, who recently signed with the Dallas Cowboys, was arrested outside of the W Hotel, home of the Ghost Bar, when the pitbull he was carrying in the waistband of his sweatpants went off, biting him in the leg. He had no comment, but he was overheard saying to a member of his entourage that he was sure he had it muzzled.

DeletedUser

i would my trusty molotov cocktails. after i stole them from a bar cause why should i pay for something i won't drink?

DeletedUser

Oh, he did sign?

Not yet, but one of the conditions of parole will be that he's gainfully employed and it really would not surprise me if Jerry Jones gave him a job.

i would my trusty molotov cocktails. after i stole them from a bar cause why should i pay for something i won't drink?

At the distance of the average real life western gunfight, you'll probably set yourself on fire.