If you were a REAL cowboy...which pistol would u use in a duel?

DeletedUser

FWWgatling.jpg

DeletedUser

Ruger Super blackhawk with an 8 1/2" barrel..probably go with the .44 version

DeletedUser

Heh Saved this pic a while back. I think that kind of fire-power is about right for safe zones, where you don't expect any enemy. Might need to upgrade for actual duelling.

119492511511.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I would make one, like in The Good, Bad & Ugly. When Eli Wallach makes a good pistol from bits and bobs.

DeletedUser

For my main gun, I'd want the Henry Repeating long gun and as a side arm, I'd want the army colt.

DeletedUser

Twin .44 calibre Colt. Preferably custom made, so that I could get them in pink ;)

DeletedUser

I would use some light pistol with lesser calliber. When you are in a fire fight you want the gunpowderload to be a bit smaller because you dont want the recoil to messup your aim that much.

I would also have a rifle that I would use at long range and for hunting.

DeletedUser

It's not about the gun you use or how good of a shot you are.

"Look son, being a good shot, being quick with a pistol, that don't do no harm, but it don't mean much next to being cool-headed. A man who will keep his head and not get rattled under fire, like as not, he'll kill ya. It ain't so easy to shoot a man anyhow, especially if the son-of-a-***** is shootin' back at you."

~ Little Bill Daggett

DeletedUser

I would use some light pistol with lesser calliber. When you are in a fire fight you want the gunpowderload to be a bit smaller because you dont want the recoil to messup your aim that much.

I would also have a rifle that I would use at long range and for hunting.

I agree. Small caliber would help you to aim more steadily.

DeletedUser

In my opinion Small Caliber maybe easier to aim, but it lacks fire power. You will end up shooting 3-4 times to take down your opponent. If he has a heavy Colt, sweet dreams..