How do you feel just after you've been duelled and LOST?? PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I love threads like this and I think it should be encouraged.

It bothers me that there are even posts in this thread by people telling them to take it to private messages.

Just because YOU aren't interested in this topic, doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. This forum doesn't revolve around people who aren't interested in reading, writing, and participating, it revolves around the people who are interested. If you don't like what's going on, click the back button. Nobody forced you to read the thread so complaining it exists is the act of a psychic vampire. Chronic vampires aren't even usually aware that they do this, and it can be done from a distance, and through all mediums, with or without communication. On forums it generally takes the forum of people being purposefully antagonistic with the purposes of either preventing others from speaking their peace or forcing others to adhere to an individuals principles.

If it REALLY is that much of a problem, perhaps there should be an individual forum folder specifically for discussions of politics. At least then we wouldn't get random people complaining about it.

So KUDOS to both Bat Masterson, Imaezu, and Neo, for at the very least having the courage to post their opinions here on this forum, where the people who ARE INTERESTED can read it. While not everyone is interested, some are, and if it was never posted, the interested parties would never have been able to find out.

As for my opinions on this:

Imaezu overreacted.

There is a distinct difference between getting dueled a few times by someone, and being killed every 2 days with the intent of being knocked out.

I know people who have left towns because they get knocked out like clockwork by people who hate them. It is fairly obvious when this is happening, and it doesn't involve the random duel from people seeking experience or fame.

By Imaezu declaring war over a single duel, and requesting his entire town group to attack, is putting his interests first over the empire, especially at the cost of an '8' (someone said) hour trip. It was an overreaction and costs his empire too much to fight back.

BUT on the other hand

As a position of leadership, he has to rule by both example and as a figurehead. If someone attacks him it should be considered a crime against the state itself and action must be taken. I personally don't support an entire call to war against the other town group based on the actions of one individual (unless it was the mayor of the other town that attacked). What would have been prudent would have been a request sent out, or a group of vigilante's put together that would fight for Imaezu's honor.

The fact that Imaezu put his town's position in the empire at stake because of a refusal to assist in a spontaneous personal war is extreme. Perhaps he felt it would be a good opportunity for his towns to join together and practice a combined attack.

Things like this will become a lot more interesting when FORTs are implemented.

Either way, Imaezu and his town, or the other part of the town group run by bat masterson, are more than welcome to join the galactic empire. I can put in a good word with canberktr to get your application approved.

Anyway I want more PnP plz. Don't leave me hanging.

hangingw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser41

I agree, this thread is the best thing i have read in a long while, even brought me out of my posting retirement.

Look forward to further developments.

:D

DeletedUser

Well this thread is full of long listed opinions that I don't have the effort to read. What I do feel about losing a fight is a bit of shame especially against lower levels. Its like you wanted to come back to kill the guy next time guessing that he had already posted the report of your defeat in their forums.

But that feeling is different when you challenged or was challenged by a stronger player. You knew you were the underdog but if you still put up a good fight somehow that he only beats you in a few points, you can consider that a bit of an achievement since its not that far apart!!!

One bad feeling is that you traveled to a far away town, confident enough to beat anybody from there, challenged a guy and lose while carrying cash from previous fights. Another is that you won a big duel, got some good money but you were ambushed on your way home and died. You lost all the loot!!!

Other humiliating experience is that you challenged a guy, used 12 energy points then upon getting there, the guy was already asleep but you did not take back the 12 energy points.

But above all, one thing is for certain, losing is part of life!!!!

DeletedUser529

@ Mad Alice

Many players have said in here to take this privately and to shut up and grow up, which is ridiculous. We have every right to share this forum along with everyone else. If they don't like it, then GO SOMEWHERE else. I agree with you MAD ALICE.

Imazeu was a TOWN FOUNDER and as such should act like it. He was duelled once and he totally over-reacted to it. He lost, so what his game is not over just because someone wanted a little fun. It's not like his town was taken away from him or NEO sat in his town repeatly attacking him and his town mates. SUCK it up IMAZEU, you lost get over it.

Imazeu and many others just elected a GOVERNOR for ALL ABANDON HOPE TOWNS, and it was his duty to answer the questions put to him from his LEADER. He FAILED to do that and decided instead to remove his town from our GROUP and we consider that HIGH TREASON on his part.

Imazeu thinks this is just going away, well my friend it is just STARTING. You posted an order in the external forum and gave ABSOLUTELY NO details about the WEE incident and as such because of YOUR lack of information I REFUSED to comply and order my PLAYERS to travel 8+ hours. All you had to do was post WHAT HAPPENED, you didn't.

Imazeu gets an attitude, has a hissy fit, throws a tantrum, cries like a baby and pouts in a corner, why, well really easy, he does like to lose and his immaturity shows his reaction---HE REMOVES HIS TOWN WITH ABSOLUTELY NO DEBATE in the high council. He was part of something bigger than his town, something that he signed on to, something that he agreed to. A system and style of GOVERNMENT that can quickly handle small complaints like he had. SMALL and petty complaints are easily handled through the diplomatic process if allowed to. But no he gets all bent out of shape and IGNORES EVERYTHING he agreed to, a waste of time to discuss anything just do as he says.

Imazeu it is YOU WHO IS WRONG here and now you know it. SUCK IT UP.

NEO you are right about your assesment about IMAZEU and I totally agree with what you told me IGM. This whole thing is absolutely ridiculous and IMAZEU knows it and he now is babbling about nothing and making EXCUSES for overreacting.

Hit him again NEO and see what happens, maybe IMAZEU will ask the whole of WORLD ONE to fight his battles for him.

DeletedUser529

Well this thread is full of long listed opinions that I don't have the effort to read. What I do feel about losing a fight is a bit of shame especially against lower levels. Its like you wanted to come back to kill the guy next time guessing that he had already posted the report of your defeat in their forums.

But that feeling is different when you challenged or was challenged by a stronger player. You knew you were the underdog but if you still put up a good fight somehow that he only beats you in a few points, you can consider that a bit of an achievement since its not that far apart!!!

One bad feeling is that you traveled to a far away town, confident enough to beat anybody from there, challenged a guy and lose while carrying cash from previous fights. Another is that you won a big duel, got some good money but you were ambushed on your way home and died. You lost all the loot!!!

Other humiliating experience is that you challenged a guy, used 12 energy points then upon getting there, the guy was already asleep but you did not take back the 12 energy points.

But above all, one thing is for certain, losing is part of life!!!!

Very much so and it is how you react to losing that shows strength of CHARACTER. Sure your unhappy about losing but winning later on gives a lot of pleasure and satisfaction.

Losing is all part of this game, you lose some and you win some.

Losing shows me what I have to do to strengthen my PLAYER CHARACTER and then hit my target until I am the winner.

DeletedUser

Inherently the difference here is losing once or twice for the betterment of the character, or losing over and over to a more powerful opponent who is doing it for the kill.

DeletedUser

I have to agree with imazeu!

If a town or a player gets attacked and is asking for help you should help.
Thats where a family stands for.

When a help request is coming in you have to reply to that!!
So i say that you act as quickly as possible and start to shoot the hell out of them!:bandit:
The reason of the fight wil follow in a few hours/days!!
And this way the game is staying excited. Doing something without days of thinking or planning!

And when the smoke is gone and everyone is going back to their hotels and saloons you can talk with eachother and see if it was the right decision.

Now you can say when another thing is happening how to handle!
Act the same way and attack as quickly as possible when someone is asking or try it a different way like talking.

But sometimes you should act fast.
Whats the problem! Ask every person in the family towns if he/she wants to attack a certain player ASAP. And if you loose so what!

Taking damage and getting shot KO is part of the game, (i read a few comments back), ans is also my opinion.

ATJ

Happy gaming to you all and sorry for my bad english.:D

DeletedUser

1. This is great DRAMA ! I give it 7 out of 10 popcorn bowls.

2. The game needs more of it !

3. I don't know any of the participants but my money is on the towns not named "Ok Coral" - I mean Ok Coral ? Is that some reference to some underwater town of the West ?

ps Ron how'd you get that icon ?

I think the hotness ranking is still going up. Are we going to see 8 out of 10 at this rate?

DeletedUser

Final note AH3 was not the first town to get 42800 points AH1 was and #2 was RR on the .net servers

"1st town in THE WEST to reach 42800."-AH3 profile

yeah bat, please change that. when i saw that, i though to myself "what the hell?"

love the crying babies dude.

I have to agree with imazeu!

If a town or a player gets attacked and is asking for help you should help.
Thats where a family stands for.

When a help request is coming in you have to reply to that!!
So i say that you act as quickly as possible and start to shoot the hell out of them!

that is understanable

The reason of the fight wil follow in a few hours/days!!
And this way the game is staying excited. Doing something without days of thinking or planning!

that is unreasonable. that would be called being irrational, which, if you are mature, you know would screw your life up, or possibly get you killed. being irrational is never the way to go. you have to think about the consequences of your actions, and do the reasons outweigh those consequences. since, in this case, there were no reasons given, the consequences were far to great. and as a the leader of a group of towns, being rational is a must, for you must think about about what could happen to the towns if you did allow the attack on Neo and the Racoons. if individual players want to, then that is perfectly fine. they get to think about the consequences on their own.
if you did join in on the attack, you would gain an enemy. with no reason given to attack, and i dont feel like making enemies for no reason, i would have done the same thing as Bat.
imazuo's actions were far too extreme. i read for myself what Imazuo posted on the AH forums, and he never gave a reason for his huge call to arms.
and for an example of what he should have done, take this example: i challenged bat to a duel, and crushed him. he sent me a message, and we talked it out quickly and easily. and in this talk, we talked like civilzed people, and my town ended up joining the AH family. once again, it is called being civilized, and dealing with it yourself, comunicating in a calm manner, like i am right now. what you did reminds me of Lord of the Flies. if you haven't read it, then do so, and you'll see what i mean.

But sometimes you should act fast.
Whats the problem! Ask every person in the family towns if he/she wants to attack a certain player ASAP.
^^irrational. he also did not ask people to join him, he demanded that absolutely everyone help him. in no way what he said asking.

And if you loose so what!
as i stated above, you'd make an enemy.

Taking damage and getting shot KO is part of the game, (i read a few comments back), ans is also my opinion.
it is indeed. imazuo needs to learn how to deal with losing a duel. and for his sake, to back this up, i would like to request that Fragment post a report from a duel that he lost (and the report showing how you dealt with it frag), to show that even the best lose, and you should deal with it on your own.

Happy gaming to you all and sorry for my bad english.
your english is fine.

DeletedUser544

wow what a ridiculous thread; of course, that makes me a hypocrite as I got involved in something similar awhile ago (although it didn't take up nearly as much space on the forums)
I feel compelled to post; and actually, I am going to also do a 180 from two weeks ago and support -Neo-
-Neo- and I got in almost this exact argument; and in this case, -Neo- did nothing wrong as just dueling someone does not constitute war. plenty of people rely on dueling for XP (just like builders rely on building for XP). If you are a dueler, and you get dueled, and the person didn't break duel etiquette (didn't try to KO you or group hit you), then there is no reason to do anything other then challenge them back, and have fun with it.

I will also say that this post reminds me an awfully lot of TribalWars forum arguments between a family tribe. ugh

DeletedUser529

IMAZEU was wrong. PERIOD.

Neo did nothing wrong and his duelling IMAZEU was just getting some experience points.

Imazeu over-reacted when he decided to remove his town from the family.

WAY OVER-REACTED......

Well this will be a standard case of CAUSE and EFFECT.

He caused something that will effect his town for a long time. It's not the case of over-reaction but an attempt to resolve this one way or another. Our family lost a GREAT town and there was no good reason why they left other than the ODDITY of one player.

Imazeu you will just love this next move.

Abandon Hope welcomes everyone to a free beer.

DeletedUser

BAT I have not said anything in these FORUMS for a day or so yet you continue to whine like some snotty schoolkid, why do you persist on needling away? Do what you have to do, I really dont care, it is a game after all.

As for leaving the family I think your attitude contributed to me leaving, you try the nice but the arrogance of the guy shows through on here, in reality you really are a brat!!!

HERE ARE THE EMAILS BETWEEN US

READ BOTTOM UP

YES I MADE A MISTAKE, SHOULD HAVE EXPLAINED MYSELF, BUT YOU BAT YOU GO ON AND ON AND ON LIKE A STUCK RECORD - GET OVER IT!!!!!

Bat Masterson On 3/25/09 at 7:34 PM
WHATEVER.

STICK AND STONES.

And I am glad a TRAITOR is out of our family.

What a little baby.

YOU WANT TO TURN ME IN go right ahead little boy/baby.

GO RIGHT AHEAD, I am glad you are out of here.

imazeu On 3/25/09 at 7:31 PM
Slanderous comments again, they are really racking up!!!!

Your attitude really does stink, you are wrong for leadership and I am glad that the town is now self sufficient.

I also noticed you have a little spy in the ranks, that is ok, he really has nothing to reports back other than your threats.

If you want to meet me one on one then lets settle this, I am more than happy to do that, but don't YOU DARE continue with the slanderous comments such as traitor, you don't know me and never will, so I suggest you try at least to grow up a little.
Bat Masterson On 3/25/09 at 6:03 PM
You are a bloody traitor.

I asked you a simple question and you get all bent out of shape and you DARE to threaten me with the ADMINS.

That just shows what kind of player you are.

You are attacked once and you scream about it, BLOODY PATHETIC.

imazeu On 3/25/09 at 3:15 PM
Bat if you have a problem shall we take it up with the admins? I am sure they will love reading this mail..
imazeu On 3/24/09 at 10:56 PM
I am not bullheaded in any way shape or form, I am a very active player, I bring people in, we react very quickly, in games like this talk is cheap on the majority of occasions.

I have been in this family for a long time now and saw the demise as you did, people saying this game is boring, I'm leaving etc, I make it enjoyable, people wonder what is going on from day to day in the town, something new all the time. When I say jump in the town people jump as do I if one of MY TEAM are attacked, I jump to their defense no questions asked.

I asked for help, I wanted help, I did not get it therefore I would rather do it on my own with my allies, not a case of getting hot headed which I haven't, I have been fairly careful in my explanation.

As for questions people can always ask them, I will do my best to answer them, but there are times for questions and times for actions, your family tribe getting attacked is one for action even if it meant me saying attack as I had a reason, i wouldn't just say it without one.

Bat Masterson On 3/24/09 at 10:45 PM
I really believe you cannot see how WRONG you are and why you are so wrong in this matter. You don't even give the NEWLY elected Government a chance at all. If it isn't done your way and RIGHT ****ING now you will get mad and leave.

Holy COW if someone were to actually ask you a question.

WHY DIDN'T YOU SIGN UP FOR THE LEADERSHIP POSITION if you are so bloody BULLHEADED.
imazeu On 3/24/09 at 10:44 PM
Thankyou!

I would have protected the family in a drop of a hat as would ALL my town members, I have turned this town from a sleepy ghost town to a town active in war and forums.

It is nothing about the simple question you asked, it is about the time it took you to respond, I don't need that neither do my town, 1 of my members got attacked and we had 10 players attacking the top three members of the attacking town within 1 hour, that the type of response we need not ignored mail.

Anyway you carry on the way you are and we will work our way, if you need our help in any way shape or form do not hesitate to ask.

Finally we are not traitors, just a town that want action when it is required, not talk...
Bat Masterson On 3/24/09 at 10:35 PM
Good.

It's has been done.

If you can't even be asked a simple question then what point is there having you in this family. We need cooperative players who can actually answer a proper question, not go off HALF-COCKED and mad when they get DUELLED.

imazeu On 3/24/09 at 10:28 PM
Ok...
Bat Masterson On 3/24/09 at 10:27 PM
Ok.

I will strike your MEMORY and you from the exterior forum if that is your attitude about unity.

imazeu On 3/24/09 at 10:21 PM
Not weird at all, I protect every single one of my members as I have done in the past and they know it, there is also a diplomacy in the town, we work together and call upon each other in a n instant.

I need you once and failed to get that help, I wanted that help before -Neo- got back to cover but no I did not even get a reply first time round (very disappointing) I wrote to our allies who have agreed to hit them at an agreed time no problem. Half the time it is better to act off a whim rather than pondering, it is always the ponderer who loses out in the end.

I have mentioned to the town members that they can leave if so wish, I am not keeping them against their will or threatening to attack them, we are currently choosing a new name and hiring new council, creating a new legacy.

I do not want to argue and still don't but I need to actions immediately not more questions you provided neither. May I wish you all the best in the future.
Bat Masterson On 3/24/09 at 10:12 PM
You asked for us to attack.

I ASKED WHY

Simple. You wanted everyone to drop everything just because you say so.

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, that was the follishness of your action. A little stress and you show your loyalty to your family by taking off at the very first sign of trouble. That marks a TRAITOR.

Why did you even bother to VOTE for any type of government if you didn't want to participate in it.

THAT WAS FOOLISH.

All I asked was WHY and you haul you ass out of this family.

WEIRD WEIRD WIERD
imazeu On 3/24/09 at 10:08 PM
I don't see why it is foolish, we have made some great allies along the way and towns that will protect us to which we will reciprocate.
Bat Masterson On 3/24/09 at 10:06 PM
All I asked of you was an explaination and you get mad and leave our family. Will fine that is up to you. A very foolish decision on your part.
imazeu On 3/24/09 at 9:16 PM
Strike us off then Bat...

imazeu On 3/24/09 at 9:07 PM
What is the point arguing? You do things your way I do mine, I thought you were pro active! My town defeated a common enemy in 1 night to the extent that 2 of their members left.

On the note of insulting, when have I done this? Never.

I will ask town members who want to stay with abandoned, they can leave on there own free will.
Bat Masterson On 3/24/09 at 9:07 PM
Hi,

Let me know and I will strike you off of our family and the EXTERNAL forum if this is the way you want to be.

You can't talk to us THEN LEAVE.

Batty
Bat Masterson On 3/24/09 at 9:05 PM
THIS IS BULL**** AND YOU KNOW IT.

Bat Masterson On 3/24/09 at 9:04 PM
You INSULT ME, with NO EXPLAINATION AT ALL. Just do like you say.

NO WAY.

imazeu On 3/24/09 at 8:59 PM
Well i think we go our separate ways then, we obviously see things of urgency in a different way, you like the long drawn out process, I like to hit whilst the irons hot...

Bat Masterson On 3/24/09 at 8:55 PM
Hi Again,

This is simple. You have a problem you bring it up with your council. We discuss it and then decide on a course of action then we attack.

You don't just start something up and expect everyone to OBEY YOUR ORDERS. That is not how it is going to work.

This is a democracy and I am NOT going to be advising anyone to go anywhere just because you ask them too without a FULL EXPLAINATION as to WHY....

Batty
Bat Masterson On 3/24/09 at 8:44 PM
Hi,

All this over one measely attack on you.

And you act like this and on top of it you threaten me with pulling out of the family. I ain't annoyed at all, I am supremely PISSED off over YOUR attitude.

You are a founder for christs sakes and YOU WILL ACT LIKE ONE AND GROW UP.

I asked you for a reason and I EXPECT a good one. I don't consider one small attack on your character any reason to have a full scale war. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN with out discussion.

You don't like it then why did you VOTE for me.

ALL I ASKED was a question---WHY???

You don't want to part of this family then leave it.

imazeu On 3/24/09 at 6:39 PM
I was attacked and asked for you to attack whilst he was hovering around my village, you ignored my first email to attack then, it took a quick response which you failed on, attack and help the family and ask questions later, I WOULD HAVE!!

I then write again outlining what the plan is and you ask why! I can understand that but isn't it pretty clear that we have been attacked, read your own forum as well.

I have had one response from the family other than you, this is not unity and has annoyed me immensely as you can guess.

ImAzEu
Bat Masterson On 3/24/09 at 6:15 PM
Hi,

I am puzzled.

You elect me leader and you don't even have the courtesy to fully inform me what is going on. You proceed to TELL me what we all are going to be doing. And we must all blindly follow along or you threaten to leave the family.

That is not unity at all. If this is your treatment of me then PICK another leader. I will not be wasting my time on a group that doesn't want to talk before action.

Do as you please if this is how you are going to treat me.

BATTY

IF YOU NOTICE, I LEFT JUST AS YOU SAID! NOW GROW UP, IF YOU WANT TO DUEL ME ONE AND ONE, GROW SOME AND GET ON WITH IT, TALK IS CHEAP

DeletedUser

Family town drama at its finest !

It's a shame that in Tribal Wars tribes actually need each other, so we don't get these kind of implosions !

First we had a Deathstar town stolen + unstolen + stolen again = Shopping Mall ! And now we're treated to this bickering !

I <3 Family towns without you guys there'd be so much less drama !

DeletedUser

To Bat: stop the insults. your not getting anywhere

To Imazeu: you too, stop the insults. and it does not take more than a couple minutes to type up the explanation, even if it is a short one. your avoiding of the explanation shows that you have no true explanation. you wanted everyone to attack, just because you wanted them too. you over reacted. again, be rational.

now both of you stop the insults and talk like civilized people, which neither of you are doing right now. im just stating the facts.

and i challenge you Imazeu to refute what i have said about being civilized, without insulting people, including me and Bat.

DeletedUser

To Bat: stop the insults. your not getting anywhere

To Imazeu: you too, stop the insults. and it does not take more than a couple minutes to type up the explanation, even if it is a short one. your avoiding of the explanation shows that you have no true explanation. you wanted everyone to attack, just because you wanted them too. you over reacted. again, be rational.

now both of you stop the insults and talk like civilized people, which neither of you are doing right now. im just stating the facts.

and i challenge you Imazeu to refute what i have said about being civilized, without insulting people, including me and Bat.

Firstly, I admitted a mistake if you read the POST, I am quite happy too.

YES I MADE A MISTAKE, SHOULD HAVE EXPLAINED MYSELF, BUT YOU BAT YOU GO ON AND ON AND ON LIKE A STUCK RECORD - GET OVER IT!!!!!

Secondly, I did not insult BAT until he continuously made slanderous comments here in the public forums, if you again read my email to him I have said,

Anyway you carry on the way you are and we will work our way, if you need our help in any way shape or form do not hesitate to ask.
You see I was amicable and was ALL the way through my email to him.

If you recall I wanted to end the insults coming from him and was quite happy just to let it be.

THE END

DeletedUser544

the fact is, the more you post the worse you look man
no offense; just something I have learned from playing TW and other online games; forums are supposed to be a place where you can state your side and sway people to your opinion; unfortunately, that is almost never the case. I would just drop it and let this topic die if I were you (not that I dont enjoy the continued drama hehe)

p.s. posting a page long response to an argument is ineffective, because most people will not read your response (no matter how logical and well thought out); they will just flame you for doing long posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.