Hotwheels vs. Matchbox

DeletedUser

I just know that they were made in England and are about twice as large.

DeletedUser

That sounds more like Dinky or Corgi. They were bigger, made in UK and came in boxes. They didn't switch to the 1:64 scale until the 80s. Both types are up there in prices too.

DeletedUser

lol well then I am probably just way off base. I know all of the trucks look like they are 20's and 30's models.

DeletedUser13682

bugs bunny was funny until the guy who voiced him died of carrot allergies

DeletedUser13682

i dont know how he really died, but he died, and he was allergic to carrots

DeletedUser

He died from heart problems. Also he was not allergic to carrots.

The sound Bugs makes while munching a carrot is actually Mel Blanc munching on a carrot. He tried using celery, raw potatoes, and a lot of other things, but only a carrot would make that carrot crunching sound. According to Noel Blanc, Mel's son, Mel was not in fact allergic to carrots as was previously thought by many. People who worked in the sound studios believed this because they would see Mel spitting out the carrot after taking a bite. Mel did this because he could not speak with the carrot in his mouth and that was the only reason he spat it out.

Oh, and Foghorn Leghorn is my favorite.

DeletedUser

ok lets get back on track:53

personally i think hotwheels lost its touch if you know what i mean.
most of their cars these days are some wired crap while matchbox creates modern and past day cars which i like while you have a truck for match box and hotwheels has a alien car that can fit in your palm

DeletedUser

Jim no more counting.

Johann: No more crappy threads.

That being said, I think George's post pretty much invalidates any debate that can possibly go on.