High luck %, but low XP/$ jobs

DeletedUser

Does it mean that the luck to get an item in doing differen jobs is different? If so, hope that those jobs that have better yield can be located.

Well I can only do trading w/ind. and transport on one world where as I can do transport or trading w/indians on most worlds..

and I can deffinetly confirm that transporting ammo has very few drops as compared to trading with indians

But just reciently I've been trying to "spread the wealth" IE: I've been trying to go to varied job location to see if a thought that crossed my mind as to if different job location might produce different results where by also would in part allow me to theorize the fact that since I could tradew/ind very early on world 5 and there is not a second job location close for that job that maybe they "wear out" and thus I got really nice drops early on the world and now that a lot of people can do the same job I might need to visit other indian pods.. if that makes sense

DeletedUser

I have actually wondered myself if different job spots might yield different results within the random ranges of luck/XP/$$. Hard to test that though.

DeletedUser

So I have two experiments to conduct, but I'll only tell my finding to those that are on IRC or duel me with no weapon and plenty of cash on them.:p

DeletedUser3543

Just to cloud the issue even more, I always find the results are worse when there are other people working the same job....

DeletedUser

Just to cloud the issue even more, I always find the results are worse when there are other people working the same job....

If that was the case, no one would ever get anywhere when a world opens with 70 people at the same jobsite.

DeletedUser

if that was the case, the developers would be crazy to add individual values to every single job site. They might be crazy, but not -that- crazy

DeletedUser363

Well here is my though on this. On W5 I am a pure hider which allows me to do Treasure Hunt (83% luck). At first I was really disappointed with that job. I had gotton only 2 items (worth about $1000 each when I sold them) in about 40 hours. Then today I had a great day. I found 2 items in 6 hours, so it payed off for those other hours. I keep getting items for LVL 50 and up so the only thing I can do is sell the items for a lot of money. I'll soon be able to do grave robber so I'll see what happens at that job.

DeletedUser3543

If that was the case, no one would ever get anywhere when a world opens with 70 people at the same jobsite.

It's not huge differences, but XP is usually slightly less, and so is money...

Not gonna stop anyone from advancing, but maybe another thing to test out.

Having said that, I would doubt the results of the testing anyway due to the random values included in the calculations...

DeletedUser

Well here is my though on this. On W5 I am a pure hider which allows me to do Treasure Hunt (83% luck). At first I was really disappointed with that job. I had gotton only 2 items (worth about $1000 each when I sold them) in about 40 hours. Then today I had a great day. I found 2 items in 6 hours, so it payed off for those other hours. I keep getting items for LVL 50 and up so the only thing I can do is sell the items for a lot of money. I'll soon be able to do grave robber so I'll see what happens at that job.

I take it you mean weapons when you say level 50 items

Just to add a small amount of confusion does anyone else fins that some days all they find are weapons on the higher end luck jobs ?

DeletedUser

Just to add a small amount of confusion does anyone else fins that some days all they find are weapons on the higher end luck jobs ?

Yes. Yesterday I got a Huck's Slingshot, a precise deringer and a rusty conquistador. Which was a good day, really. :)

DeletedUser363

Yes, i meant weapons. Today I was really surprised when I found a Fancy Slouch Hat while doing Treasure Hunt. It was the first time I found an item and not a weapon.