High luck %, but low XP/$ jobs

DeletedUser

Hey,

I am wondering if those that can do these jobs can help me with something. These jobs don't offer much of anything in XP or $, so it's rather wasteful to do 2 hr shifts when you get nothing. Has anyone tried doing just half hour stints instead? Since the luck percentage is based on half hour stints, I am wondering if this would be the better way to go with these jobs.

I realize that 2 hr stints can get you multiple items which makes it very enticing to do, but I am just curious to see how others are doing this job.

DeletedUser

If you mean Trading with Indians or Transporting Ammo, I occasionally do them for half an hour if that is all the energy I have left. In 2 hour sessions, I probably get something every 6-8 hours, I reckon. I don't know that half hours would make a noticeable difference.

If you don't have access to super high cash jobs, the time spent on these ones isn't wasted because if you are getting $500+ items, you've still made some decent money. If you are after XP though, these jobs are a waste of time.

DeletedUser

True, they are a waste of time for XP. I also realize the payoff is great when finding something. I'm sure I'll stick to two hr stints, but I'm just seeing what others do.

DeletedUser

I always put mine in 2 hours stints. I tried before to have them on 30 min, but I didn't se any deferents between them. Also i haven't seen any different in the motivation either, still find good things at ~70% motivation

DeletedUser

what is the problem? I am lvl 10 and found only 2 items so far and they are firearm stones. :(

DeletedUser

I found alot of stuff transporting ammo.
highest item i got was worth almost 3000$

DeletedUser

I figured 2 hrs would be the consensus, but I was just wondering. I still may experiment with it though.

DeletedUser

It won't make any noticeable difference doing it 30 minutes X 4 or 2 hrs. X 1. Just do whatever you can that's convenient for you. The difference isn't worth fussing over unless maybe you have a math fetish. :)

Red Falcon

I used to do jobs in 30 minute stints, but ever since Lone Ranger and other people have told me that you benefit more from 2 hour stints, I have been doing jobs this way instead. As for high luck jobs, I feel that I should also experiment with them to see how they turn out.

DeletedUser

I usually work in two-hours shifts. That is most convenient for me.
On one world I tried to distribute my skill points towards Grave robbing (much fine motor skills), but I got very disappointed. I have worked on that job ten two-hour shifts (motivation never below 80%) but the only things I found were the note and a rusty conquistador sword. What an anticlimax. Same with transporting ammo. The outcome was very poor. It's been a waste of time. And skill points.

DeletedUser

I usually work in two-hours shifts. That is most convenient for me.
On one world I tried to distribute my skill points towards Grave robbing (much fine motor skills), but I got very disappointed. I have worked on that job ten two-hour shifts (motivation never below 80%) but the only things I found were the note and a rusty conquistador sword. What an anticlimax. Same with transporting ammo. The outcome was very poor. It's been a waste of time. And skill points.

Exactly the same for me ,I pumped points in so I could get the grave robbing needing the ring for a later quest and am very disappointed with my finds,over about 30 2hour shifts I have had 2 ties(1 red and 1 black) and and one Number 1 revolver ,not sure what I thought I would find but I was hoping for higher ranged finds being as it is 1 of the top luck jobs

I will probably chop my points about now and go for the money jobs either Mercenary work or Bounty hunter both are the top earners and for the hours will give me the money to buy the good gear

DeletedUser

Exactly the same for me ,I pumped points in so I could get the grave robbing needing the ring for a later quest and am very disappointed with my finds,over about 30 2hour shifts I have had 2 ties(1 red and 1 black) and and one Number 1 revolver ,not sure what I thought I would find but I was hoping for higher ranged finds being as it is 1 of the top luck jobs

I will probably chop my points about now and go for the money jobs either Mercenary work or Bounty hunter both are the top earners and for the hours will give me the money to buy the good gear

oxo I've tried to figure out how the items come from these high luck jobs there seems no rhyme or reason to the showing up of the item or the quality of the item other then one little thing that has been gnawing at me.. that is seemed that I was getting better items when I was 25 then when I was 35

DeletedUser

oxo I've tried to figure out how the items come from these high luck jobs there seems no rhyme or reason to the showing up of the item or the quality of the item other then one little thing that has been gnawing at me.. that is seemed that I was getting better items when I was 25 then when I was 35

I believe that higher luck will result in better items. But in different versions, the possibility to get an item is different. I remember that when I first came to the game when it is still 1.15, it's easy to find items. But that good time is short and soon 1.16 came and it ruins everything. Jobs with higher luck hardly produce nice items. Now it's 1.17 and things seem to be getting better. I can now find better items in trading and river fishing.

DeletedUser

When I have the time, I do high luck jobs in 30min shifts, as that means I possibly could (never happens anyway :laugh:) get 4 items in 2 hours, but only 1 in a 2 hours shift.
However it also means you can get hurt 4 times instead of 1 time. And Transporting Ammo e.g. would be very unhealthy then.

DeletedUser

I have tried a few different ways of doing them ,just once a day motivation at 100% ,all day till I ran the motivation right down even a couple of times a day so it was motivation around the low 90's

There certainly doesn't seem to be a pattern to it lol,I can't comment on the lower level being better as I was mid level 50 when I started the grave robbing and it takes a lot longer to get higher levels now

DeletedUser

m2c: if you have a life out side the west, i reckon 2h shifts ftw.

DeletedUser

I started out with HORRIBLE luck doing my first high luck job (ammo). I did get blowed up though. I think I spent a good 20 hrs doing it and I got nada. Then I started get a stick here and there, but I never really gotten anything of significant value and I am at about 46 hrs now.

Trading with Indians on the other hand has been much better, but of course it really couldn't have gotten much worse. I'm still going to experiment with it a bit and see how it plays out.

DeletedUser

TRansport ammo deffinetly seems to have nada for drops I think in like 30 hours I've gotten a rusty knife and some sticks

Where on the same hand I've gotten about 10 items in about 50 hours trading with indians....

DeletedUser

TRansport ammo deffinetly seems to have nada for drops I think in like 30 hours I've gotten a rusty knife and some sticks

Where on the same hand I've gotten about 10 items in about 50 hours trading with indians....

Does it mean that the luck to get an item in doing differen jobs is different? If so, hope that those jobs that have better yield can be located.