Help With Worker Getting Knocked Out All the Time

DeletedUser

Hi all. I am a level 35 worker in W5. Since I am a worker, I have obviously built my stats accordingly and to be able to do the higher wage jobs to earn money to build.
I understand that duelers duel and that's fine. But here is my problem:
Every day now, I get KO'd to the point where I pass out. All I can do anymore is one job and then have to go right back to sleep because somebody of similar level, but high dueling level picks on the worker in their work clothes. I love this game, but essentially can no longer play if all I can do is sleep from constant attacks. I worked too hard (and spent too much on premiums) to get to level 35 and quit now.
Please don't say just to raise my dueling abilities because that defeats the whole purpose of being a worker. Not to mention the duelers are already spec'd for dueling and so far ahead of a worker on the dueling angle there is no way to ever exceed what they have already considering they keep adding to theirs as well. I already have a good weapon but don't see any way a worker can beat a dueler. Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

DeletedUser363

Thats the thing. Workers are usually good at building but bad at dueling. Duelers are usually bad at building but good at dueling. You chose to be a worker so please don't complain. You don't see duelers complaining about not being able to construct town buildings.

DeletedUser

That's the kind of response that is not helpful but yet I knew I would get.
I do not like dueling...I do not want to be a dueler. No one should be forced to all be a duel just because there are duelers. As I have said many times, I understand duelers duel....fine. I don't care. We workers understand that but there are thousands of people that play...why must the same workers and adventurers be allowed to be attacked non-stop day after day? There just needs to be some kind of reasonable limit on how many attacks are allowed to the same person in one day. This game should be able to be fun for everyone playing...not just duelers.
And that was kinda funny...why would any dueler whine about NOT building? If you are a dueler, there are absolutely no financial benefits to building as it does not pay anything and gives barely any experience. On the other note, without builders/workers, how would the gunsmith get built to buy your weapons??
Is there anyone who could please add something constructive?

DeletedUser363

What I am saying is every character has their own advantages and disadvantages. If you chose to be a pure worker, then of course you are going to get beaten at duels.
Please don't say just to raise my dueling abilities because that defeats the whole purpose of being a worker
If you are not going to raise your dueling skills how do you expect to win duels? Anybody that has no skills in dueling (not just workers) will probably lose to somebody who does have skills in dueling. And that is the way it should be. Why should someone who has no skills in dueling win against someone that has some skills in dueling?

DeletedUser

bad answer! Got friends who are duelers? Have them target the ones that are knocking you out. I'm an adventurer and have been put to sleep a couple times over the last few days.... it's way past annoying. I'm level 35 as well and frustrated over it. Duelers shouldn't be able to target non-duelers unless they are a certain level above them. Level 35 duelers can't target workers/adventurers below level 45.

Naturally, this isn't going to help or happen. And you can pick up some nice dueling weapons through some quests or work (not building). So they don't necessarily need the gunsmiths.

I have no answer for you annie/electra.. shadow dragon is apparently a dueler and doesn't care - likes beating us up and taking our $$

Only real suggestion: Get some (equip) some nice dueling weapons, have some of those high hats/clothes that include shooting or aim or even dodging.

DeletedUser

I've got "freddy scollnic" following me around the map KO'ing me every chance he gets. I can't even do quests due to this. I paid for this game as well, why should I pay to get knocked out all the time???

Admins need to do something about these malicious players. This is getting old very fast. Especially considering how much I paid for this.... no refunds? What's the point of playing when we're just going to get hit this often and so far from home? I'm halfway across the map, but he does it from my town and suddenly I'm vulnerable even though I'm 4 1/2 hours away from it. What gives?!

[edit: YES, I have a decent dueling weapon, but he's a lvl 40 dueler. Pick on someone your own size, quit being such bullies or you'll find yourself without buildings to upgrade or even sleep in -- unless you want to do all the work to make the money AND build those buildings... going to have time to bully then?]

DeletedUser

being passed out, for worker isn't a big deal
you still able to build, still able to doing the job
my suggestion is, don't bring lot of money and learn from another worker

DeletedUser

being passed out, for worker isn't a big deal
you still able to build, still able to doing the job
my suggestion is, don't bring lot of money and learn from another worker

I'm not a worker... and I'm 4 1/2 hours from home.... I cannot dump $$ into the town when I actually do need to buy some stuff as an adventurer. Can't save if you are continually getting ko'd.

DeletedUser

1. put your money on bank, and don't sell your inventories expect for buying something
2. don't do a job that are too far away
3. if you plan to buy equipment in another town, ask for an invitation
4. questing isn't forever so please hold that little pain (good horse will help very much)

DeletedUser

The OP says they are getting KO'ed everyday. This cannot happen after being KO'ed you have 48 hours where you cannot be dueled again. You could try what my builders in my town did. When in town they would bank there money, remove all items they where using and duel a quest dueler until knocked out. This why they were free to work or build and not have to worry about being dueled. They kept track of the times and would repeat the above after about 47 hours. Before anyone screams its against the rules we ask the game mods and it is not. This is something that everyone can do so it gives no one an unfair advantage.

DeletedUser

1. put your money on bank, and don't sell your inventories expect for buying something
2. don't do a job that are too far away
3. if you plan to buy equipment in another town, ask for an invitation
4. questing isn't forever so please hold that little pain (good horse will help very much)

1. my bank holds $80
2. I have quests that send me all over the map, I'm currently 4 1/2 hours away
3. I'm a founder in my own town
4. Hold that little pain? I'm sorry, do you realize that quests can take you all over the map? I'm an adventurer.... I make more $$ from jobs required for quests and people are hitting me while doing those jobs. They should be required to be where you are to duel you, not at your own town when you're not there.

@todarling: It's a mix of 4 or 5 people who seem to be rotating daily... I went from 8k to 0 within a couple of days because of this. I don't sell my equipment except at my home town and then deposit that into the town treasury. I'm just a long way from my town and still need a horse instead of this mule. I can't get that while these duelers are coming around every other day to KO me. I'm sure it's much the same for annie and electra.

DeletedUser

You cannot be KO'ed every day. If you are you need to turn in a trouble ticket. Also if your bank only holds $80 you need to tell the builders to increase it's level.

DeletedUser

The attacks have to stop at some point do they not?

KO'd every 2 days, knocked down to low health the other days.... so much so that if I do a job, bam, health gone and I'm sleeping where I stand. That isn't considered a KO? Is to me since I spend more time sleeping in the past week than any time since I started. Perhaps that's the answer..... Work for 2 hours, sleep for 8. Can't be attacked while sleeping.

DeletedUser

5. this game is not only about dueling, questing & building. diplomatic action, negotiation, and intimidation is a part of this game
6. come back to your town before get up from passed out, put your money into treasury, and make yourself passed out purposely (giving your opponent lot of money only make them addicted or even telling friends)
7. upgrade your bank

DeletedUser

Here is how to avoid it.

PURPOSE:
To prevent enemy duelers from repeatedly attacking you.
HOW IT WORKS:
If you get knocked out in a duel or "die" in a job accident, you lose all cash, energy, and health, so need to go to a hotel to recover. HOWEVER you also are given 48 hours during which NO one can duel you!!! The 48-hour rule applies REGARDLESS of whether you are knocked out by an enemy in a REAL duel or are knocked out in a QUEST duel. Real duels are unpredictable and cost lots of energy, while YOU control when a energy free quest duel is started which eliminates the risks.
YOU WILL NEED:
One QUEST Duel currently OPEN, ie it is NOT completed.
Do NOT do anything with it until you read & understand the rest of this long posting:
Here is a list of the quests: http://weststats.com/Quests/
The level 2 duel quests & "Beat Henchman" level 15, MAY or may NOT work. "Beat Thief" level 14 or "Beat Unforgiven" level 15 would work better, but you will win eventually. Eventually you will want to use: "Paddy the bulldog" & "Matthew the Snake" at level 15 are the ONLY really good ones.
CHARACTER PREPARATIONS:
#1. Come back to your town, when energy is low and you plan to sleep.
#2. Once in your town deposit ALL CASH into the Town Treasury, your Bank Account, or both.
#3. Check your jobs queue. CANCEL ALL queued jobs/sleep.
DUEL PREPARATIONS:
Open inventory window.
#1. MOVE ALL active inventory [EVERYTHING on left side of inventory screen] into your backpack [right side of screen]. Left side should be completely EMPTY.
Next go to the dueling screen.
#2. DEFENSE: Make your character lean left in all 4 windows.
#3. OFFENSE: Aim at the head in all 4 windows.
>>>>> WARNINGS <<<<<
DOUBLE check and ensure that ALL your CASH [money shown by GREEN $ sign] is at ZERO "0".
Also, DOUBLE check and ensure that your character has NOTHING in the jobs queue.
Duelers/Soldiers will NOT be able to DUEL ANYONE for 48 hours if they do this, but still can do regular jobs.
DUEL:
Now go to the quest tab.
Click the quest with the open duel, and at the bottom of text box, click the "Challenge Your Rival" button.
A red message should appear saying you LOST, which is GOOD, since that is what you WANT to happen. Repeat 4-6 times, close quest window, reopen it, do another 5 times, repeat, until you are knocked out.
You can verify that you have knocked yourself out by looking in the saloon of any other town. It should say for all their members "duel not possible for 48 hours".
AFTER KNOCKOUT:
Congratulations, you now have 48 hours during which NO REAL ENEMY can duel you. :)
However you still can get "killed" in job accidents, so be careful with high-risk jobs.
Go back to inventory page and fill your ACTIVE screen up again with whatever clothing, weapons, animals, you want. REMEMBER to choose items that will give BONUS help for your JOBS. You can't be attacked for 48 hours, so don't bother with dueling stuff.
AFTER 40-48 HOURS:
#1. If you do NOT plan on knocking yourself out again for awhile, than after about 40 hours, reset your duel settings and start wearing your dueling/defensive clothes. MAKE SURE to do it BEFORE the 48 hours expires.If you start getting attacked too much and want a break, go back to the VERY TOP of this page and check through everything.
#2. If you plan on keeping yourself knocked out, just repeat by starting at the VERY TOP of this page and checking through everything.
IS THIS CONSIDERED CHEATING???
ABSOLUTELY NOT. In fact, I specifically asked The West Game Moderators about it and received CONFIRMATION that it is LEGAL & within the current Game Rules.

DeletedUser

as builders get alot of money i think you should buy a nice weapon to protect yourself from duelers..

Hope that works..

DeletedUser

Others have already made the proper suggestions, but I'll point them out again, with one more advice.

UPGRADE YOUR BANK. $80 is not enough.

Take advantage of it when you do get KO'd. 48 hours is a pretty good stint to work trouble-free.

I think you already know to bank often and sell items carefully, so continue doing those things.

Get your town's fighters to retaliate for you if you truly believe you're being unfairly targeted -- but some diplomacy with the mayor of the offender's town is in order first, in case that is all that's needed.

Finally, I advise PATIENCE regarding the questing. Plan ahead. Again, you need a bigger bank! That will help out a lot on your quests. Don't try to go many hours away yet. Work up to that. Grow your town and your character more first. There are many, many levels ahead of you; don't be in such a hurry. ;)

DeletedUser

As stated, Diplomatic relations is the best, and most definitely first, course of action.

I can't tell you how many times duelers from other towns have attacked my town's builders, and all I had to do to stop it was contact the mayor of that town. Most towns won't put up with such cheapness. They are a liability more than anything more often than not.

DeletedUser

Why not ask your dueler to protect and revenge? If your enemy PO every 48 hours you'll be safe :D