Help me crack the construction code...

DeletedUser

If there's something I love, its a challenge. And the challenge I've tasked myself is to find the formula to the simple question; How are construction points determined?

People have been asking for this since I first started the game, and I'm determined to find it. But I can't do it alone. I need help.

In order to crack the code I have begun gathering construction reports from friends and putting the information into a trend-table spreadsheet. So far, I have come up with one formula that is 99% accurate (to within +/- 1 CP). The only problem is I believe each duration of work (30min, 1hr, 2hr) has its own formula.

Information Needed

If we gather enough information to fill in a trend-table range of 100-150 (or more) labor points I'm sure I can come up with a formula that is perfect, if not near perfect. Below is the information I already have. Simply reply to this thread with construction reports of your own to fill in the gaps and I'll do the rest and post the results.
Note: Replies should be in the following format -

• Duration = X
  • Labor points = Total after building difficulty is subtracted
  • Construction Points = Resulting CP's in the construction report
IMPORTANT: All work must be started at 100% Motivation

D
uration = 30 min ****
WORKING FORMULA****
Code:
Construction points = ((0.1*LP)+4.71)*Motivation

LP --- 051 - 070 - 100 - 103 - 106 - 112 - 115 - 136 - 143 - 264 - 331
CP --- 010 - 012 - 015 - 015 - 015 - 016 - 016 - 018 - 019 - 031 - 038

Duration = 1 hour

Code:
LP --- 051 - 070 - 112
CP --- 020 - 023 - 031

Duration = 2 hours
****WORKING FORMULA****
Code:
Construction points = ((0.3765*LP)+18.526)*Motivation

LP --- 103 - 115 - 172 - 182 - 201 - 216 - 223 - 230 - 232 - 235 - 243 - 246 - 254 - 264 - 270 - 272 - 278 - 298
CP --- 058 - 062 - 083 - 087 - 094 - 100 - 103 - 105 - 106 - 107 - 110 - 111 - 114 - 118 - 120 - 121 - 123 - 131
Together, we can crack this code!!!

~Z~

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1) Different level buildings give different construction points as each building goes up by 100 points per level, so the CP's drop correspondingly.

2) A worker constructing buildings in town receives a bonus of 10% to their labor points.

3) It is not really practical to always build at 100% motivation. It would be more useful to work out at what point it becomes economically unviable to build with lower motivation.

4) The more labour points you have the more construction points you add to a building.

DeletedUser3741

1) Different level buildings give different construction points as each building goes up by 100 points per level, so the CP's drop correspondingly.

2) A worker constructing buildings in town receives a bonus of 10% to their labor points.

3) It is not really practical to always build at 100% motivation. It would be more useful to work out at what point it becomes economically unviable to build with lower motivation.

4) The more labour points you have the more construction points you add to a building.

All of which are irrelevant

DeletedUser

All of which are irrelevant

Well not to me .. because the trend table was 100 to 150 labour points after the difficulty level was subtracted. Unless I am completely mis reading what zehava has typed and completely missing the point here (which is entirely possible).

I fail to see how you can work out how construction points are determined unless you take those factors into account.

Perhaps you would be kind enough to explain to me why having a bonus of 10% (20% with premium) to your labour points won't affect these calculations ~ since it doesn't show up on the interface sheet, but is presumably added into the resulting build percentage at the completion of the build ?

DeletedUser3741

Well not to me .. because the trend table was 100 to 150 labour points after the difficulty level was subtracted. Unless I am completely mis reading what zehava has typed and completely missing the point here (which is entirely possible).

I fail to see how you can work out how construction points are determined unless you take those factors into account.

Perhaps you would be kind enough to explain to me why having a bonus of 10% (20% with premium) to your labour points won't affect these calculations ~ since it doesn't show up on the interface sheet, but is presumably added into the resulting build percentage at the completion of the build ?

Actually it shows in the increase in labor points directly, not as a hidden bonus

DeletedUser

It is irrelvant because I said the labor point total is *after* difficulty is subtracted. That is also after the worker bonus is added.

DeletedUser

Um.... what level building was being constructed in the table?

The level, not the entire points to construct makes a difference. CP for a level 2 will be less for a level 1 and so on up the scale.

Also, what was the town hall level?

We know that has a factor in individual benefit too.

This information has not been indicated thusfar in this thread...

DeletedUser

Thanks Talamere ~ unfortunately, my worker character doesn't show the increase bonus in labour points, I just went and checked, I have 4 characters in 4 worlds now, 2 adventurers. 1 soldier and a worker. so I ran through the lot of them and they all just totalled the skill points as shown, less the difficulty for the building.

Zehava, I can't see where you stated that you had added the worker bonus in your first post, which brings me to ask how you can determine who is a worker, and who is not when you start compiling your results, and how can you account for the difference between the premium builders and the free play builders, or does this not have to be factored in to the formula ? I can't seem to grasp the concept here, as I don't have the right mind set. So anything you can tell me to point me in the right direction would be welcome.

And, will it be possible to determine the construction points from the trend table, when you are building at a lower motivation, say, at levels down to 90% ?

DeletedUser

Um.... what level building was being constructed in the table?

The level, not the entire points to construct makes a difference. CP for a level 2 will be less for a level 1 and so on up the scale.

Also, what was the town hall level?

We know that has a factor in individual benefit too.

This information has not been indicated thusfar in this thread...

Thanks Tennessee I asked all those questions and was told my points were irrelevant, so I am obviously not the only person who has a problem grasping this concept. I am willing to learn, because I know my mindset is not ideal for this kind of project. But I would be happy to have a flat rate formula to apply.

DeletedUser

Arg, why dont you read what Zehava writes?

Labor points = Total after building difficulty is subtracted
Let me show you:
2njimwh.jpg

In that way he doesnt have to think about difficulty of the building, town hall or worker-class / premium.

91 + 91 + 91 = 273 * 1,05 = 286,65 <-- Do you see the 5% worker-bonus now?

DeletedUser

Arg, why dont you read what Zehava writes?

Let me show you:
2njimwh.jpg

In that way he doesnt have to think about difficulty of the building, town hall or worker-class / premium.

91 + 91 + 91 = 273 * 1,05 = 286,65 <-- Do you see the 5% worker-bonus now?

yes .. I read that, but my worker doesn't show the bonus .. I am quite capable of seeing if 10% or 20% has been added to the total labour skills you know, and yes I can see the difference to difficulty when the town hall is built up .. which is why I didn't mention that in my first post.

I don't know if my glitch is common or not, but I can assure you that the bonus is not added I just get the straight total of construction skill *3, i.e. in wrld 5 my character:

54 construction * 3 = 162
5 repairing = 5 (from bonus clothing)
8 leadership = 8 (from bonus clothing)

so 162 + 5 + 8 = 175 - 50 difficulty (town Hall is at lvl 3) = 125 labour points
NOT 125*1.05 which would = 131.25 ~ which is why in the first instance I assumed the bonus was calculated and added to the building points I received at the end of the job.

DeletedUser

Well arguing over what was said doesnt matter. The original poster (forgot his name) has it right. It would be interesting to see the formula. Obviously motivation is a factor since at the same labor points an hour should be twice the construction points of a half hour, but it isnt quite. The only thing that changed would be the motivation. So now that ive got the easy stuff out of the way ill let you smart guys take care of the rest.

DeletedUser

yes .. I read that, but my worker doesn't show the bonus .. I am quite capable of seeing if 10% or 20% has been added to the total labour skills you know

I'm not sure why you think you get a bonus of 10% or 20%. If you're a Worker class, you get a %5 bonus to your labor points.

5 repairing = 5 (from bonus clothing)
8 leadership = 8 (from bonus clothing)

so 162 + 5 + 8 = 175 - 50 difficulty (town Hall is at lvl 3) = 125 labour points
NOT 125*1.05 which would = 131.25 ~ which is why in the first instance I assumed the bonus was calculated and added to the building points I received at the end of the job.

Again, it looks like your math is getting a little confused. The +5% is added on your skill totals before the difficulty is subtracted. See Tckent's example one more time, as he describes it perfectly.

And again, the only information I've been collecting is the very last number (which Tckent circled in his example). That's the Labor Points I collect, which has already taken into account the worker bonus and building difficulty (minus Town Hall reduction).

DeletedUser

68*1.5= 71 -20 = 51 Labor points
*1 hour construction
=20 construction points

DeletedUser

I'm not sure why you think you get a bonus of 10% or 20%. If you're a Worker class, you get a %5 bonus to your labor points.
Free Player:
When construction buildings in town you receive a bonus of 5% to your labor points.

Premium Account:
Character bonus:
The advantages of your character class are doubled*

That's where I get the 10% bonus from.*

Again, it looks like your math is getting a little confused. The +5% is added on your skill totals before the difficulty is subtracted. See Tckent's example one more time, as he describes it perfectly.

Where did I say that the 5% WAS NOT added ?

I said my worker doesn't show the bonus .
I don't know if my glitch is common or not, but I can assure you that the bonus is not added:
I just get the straight total of construction skill which amounts to 125 labour points

I do not get 125*1.05 which would = 131.25

Which is why in the first instance I assumed the bonus was calculated and added to the building points I received at the end of the job. Which is why I was querying your calculations in the first place, because if that was the case your calculations would be off. However as the bonuses are added before the difficulty is taken off (except in my case) then your calculations are fine.

DeletedUser

Premium Account

Ah.. Got it.

Where did I say that the 5% WAS NOT added ? I said my worker doesn't show the bonus . I don't know if my glitch is common or not, but I can assure you that the bonus is not added:
I just get the straight total of construction skill which amounts to 125 labour points

Well, you just said it in the sentence after, but perhaps I'm just not grasping at what you're saying.

In your World 5 character example, when working on a building with a difficulty of 50 it should look like this: *note, I've only included the totals due to the 4 image limit on posts*

5 repairing
8 leadership

Skill Points
img.php

Difficulty

img.php

Labor Points
img.php

The bonus you get is automatically added into your Skill Points total.
If that is not the case and you are set to a worker class with premium then you may want to take a screenshot and submit a trouble ticket.

In other news, THANKS TOG for some info! I've updated my first post with it and added some additional info I've been getting from some friends (just 2 hour jobs).

~Z~

DeletedUser

Construction + Construction + Construction + repair + leadership = sub + bonus 5% = total
83+83+83+10+12 = 271 + 13 = 284

a simple guild to build points
build points at 100% motivation
{your points - Difficulty} = {labour points * 0.1 per 30 minutes} / motivation = construction built.
bank level 5 {284 - 70} = {214 * 0.1} / 100% = 21 points to building construction per 30 minutes.

yeah forgot about that LOL

after reading the post above the number is between 0.1 and 0.15 still working. i think it could be a random number between them both.

DeletedUser

Its probably due to the level of your town hall rather than differences between worlds.