Headshots in Fort Fights

DeletedUser

I do not like this. With recent changes the hit rate from attacker side did increase, so now it's much easier to win a fort battle. And fort fights end/decided much sooner than before. The need of fort battles is more resistance and decreasing the chance to hit for both sides. This is just make current situation worse.

DeletedUser35352

talking about reality, do u believe in reality no one can get killed with one shot?!!!

lol, that is like you want to change chess rules i a way that a knight (as he is on a horse and armed) is much stronger than a queen...

DeletedUser12734

I wish I had more time to do analyze 60-70 fort battle results to develop this idea more, but I don't. So I think you can send this idea to cemetery; without polling :)

DeletedUser12734

I'm still interested in this idea :p I'd like to bump this topic with this new formula
how about this?
Chance to headshot = 0.5% * (Character level/150) + random luck (±0.25%)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35120

Maybe if the headshot damage is fixed, it can be a better idea. Fix the value to 1000 or 1500, no matter how much hp the guy shot at has.

You shot at the enemy's head at caused 1500 damage!

DeletedUser12734

Maybe if the headshot damage is fixed, it can be a better idea. Fix the value to 1000 or 1500, no matter how much hp the guy shot at has.

You shot at the enemy's head at caused 1500 damage!

It's just a critical shot! :D
You shot at the enemy's head he exploded! <-- this is real fun :p

New Formula

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36559

Instead of headshots instantly KO'ing an opponent why not let the shot inflict more damage. The formula could be Character level/ Average gun damage *1000. If the factor is too much this will devalue dueler crits. Using this formula will allow higher level players to inflict more damage.

DeletedUser36011

Instead of headshots instantly KO'ing an opponent why not let the shot inflict more damage. The formula could be Character level/ Average gun damage *1000. If the factor is too much this will devalue dueler crits. Using this formula will allow higher level players to inflict more damage.

Not really, higher level = higher gun damage.

Particularly with the level based guns some use now, it wouldn't work well for those at all, increase of 1/2.2 ;)

DeletedUser12734

No, this is gonna have very lower probability than crits.
Read the first post please.

DeletedUser35520

my answer is a no, regardless on if its an instant kill or just higher damage shot, this just isn't that time of game. A real time FPS that allows control over the gun, sure, but we cannot even target a specific player, let alone specific body parts. The only way some idea of the sort might work to me is using Stances and a targeting system. The duel approach to stand straight up and increase shot accuracy, while reducing your ability to dodge. That would also mean allowing a crouch and some form of targeting the head or body, changing the FF dynamics entirely which is a 50/50 on if it improves or hurts the game. But at no point should there eve be a one shot kill. One shot kills are a great way to push people away from FF'ing. Buffs, travel time, having to ask for rank and be online all to get killed first round as a premium tank? The odds of it happening may be 1 in 100 battles but you will be furious that one battle and for some it will be enough to walk away.