Headshots in Fort Fights

DeletedUser12734

I made a few changes to the original proposal. Please read the first post.

DeletedUser34315

Very interesting! Would certainly add a reason to be a crafter.

DeletedUser

300 crafting is nothing today. Every recipe you need can be purchased from the trader and the current product drop rates make crafting ridiculously easy.

DeletedUser30224

I have a problem with the "kill at once" with head-shots, but if you feel confident, just let me know when you want to poll it.

DeletedUser12734

300 crafting is nothing today. Every recipe you need can be purchased from the trader and the current product drop rates make crafting ridiculously easy.

It shouldn't be that hard. I have no idea what is the average level of +300 crafters, but I assume it shouldn't be under 40 or so.
I play only on world 1.net and personally not much interested in crafting. Being a Blacksmith, my skill is just 126 while I'm at level 81. That's why I thought it may encourage crafting :)

DeletedUser

What about making it *extremely* rare, more like .1%...? Blockers can still block, premium HP soldiers stand a better chance, etc...

DeletedUser12734

Let's look into it through an example.
In a full small fort battle, if it lasts for 55 rounds, I suppose there are not more than 30 crits done by duellers (both attackers and defenders). Multipy it by 4 (for 4 classes) and the divide it by 10 (10%/1%), so there could be a total of 12 headshots; and that's if all participants are +300 crafters (which I doubt they be), so there might be less than 12 headshots in this case.

We can reduce the chance to 0.5%, reducing the number of headshots to less than 6 . Still isn't this acceptable? If we reduce the chance to 0.5% I think it's better to increase the reward to 4 or 5 bonds.

DeletedUser

Yes to reducing the chance to 0.5% and restricting number of headshots to 5 or 6 per battle approximately. 12 imo is a bit too high.

DeletedUser

This might be controversial, but why not offer some compensation to the recently beheaded. Something like for the misfortune of being killed by headshot, you get 5 bonds. Makes a person less upset if they get killed quickly...

DeletedUser35352

... and why dont we implement leg-shot so figther can't move (or reduced movement) or arm-shot so he can't use weapon, or maybe devs will introduce 1st person shooter for ffs...
:D:D

DeletedUser20647

Let's look into it through an example.
In a full small fort battle, if it lasts for 55 rounds, I suppose there are not more than 30 crits done by duellers (both attackers and defenders).
The most recent 55 round small battle on colorado had 85 crits...

DeletedUser12734

The most recent 55 round small battle on colorado had 85 crits...

well it depends on how many duellers take part; and how many of them are using character bonus which doubles crit chance. It can be even less than 30, or more than 85 which u said. If we assume its average to be 50, it leads to less than 10 headshots.

As I said, number of crits depends on various factors. But I'm sure with a fixed chance of 0.5% for headshots, we'll see less than one-fifth as many crits.

DeletedUser

This might be controversial, but why not offer some compensation to the recently beheaded. Something like for the misfortune of being killed by headshot, you get 5 bonds. Makes a person less upset if they get killed quickly...

Compensation? The person who made the headshot should be rewarded, not the victim.

DeletedUser

Yeah, yeah, just playing devils advocate is all. I like the idea so am looking to appease the nay-sayers.

DeletedUser

Not a good idea. Someone with 10k lp can receive a OHKO, that's just not realistic.

DeletedUser34315

... and why dont we implement leg-shot so figther can't move (or reduced movement) or arm-shot so he can't use weapon, or maybe devs will introduce 1st person shooter for ffs...
:D:D

A decent wild west themed FPS would be incredible. Probably not inno's usual type of game (online strategy) but think of it! ARMA style combat but with henry repeating rifles, sharps, colts- if done right it would be fun.

DeletedUser30224

Let's crunch some numbers: There are 55 rounds in each battle, and in a best case scenario, there are 50, 100 and 140 attackers which gives 50*55=2750, 5500 and 7700 shots from the attacking side in a battle in the best case scenario possible.

100 shots at 1% critical chance gives us 1 headshot on average => 27 headshots on average from 2750 shots, 55 headshots from 5500 shots and 77 headshots from 7700 shots. But of course that is not true because on average you hit your target half of the time, so half those numbers and you get: 14, 27 and 38 headshots.

That's the best case scenario, but if you want to count diminishing attackers as it is the case in each battle, those headshots can be as little as halved again -> 7, 14, 19 headshots.

Is it too much? I think it is, especially if you imagine a tank on a tower facing more than 70 people at a time ... the chance for death is quite high.

DeletedUser12734

Not a good idea. Someone with 10k lp can receive a OHKO, that's just not realistic.

talking about reality, do u believe in reality no one can get killed with one shot?!!!

That's the best case scenario, but if you want to count diminishing attackers as it is the case in each battle, those headshots can be as little as halved again -> 7, 14, 19 headshots.

Is it too much? I think it is, especially if you imagine a tank on a tower facing more than 70 people at a time ... the chance for death is quite high.

I've already reduced the chance to 0.5%. So your numbers will halve again --> 3, 7 and 9 headshots in small, medium and large battles (in best cases, that's if battles all last till 55th round)

Come on guys, 3,7 and 9 headshot aren't too much!

DeletedUser12734

Is there any script or something to extract hit counts and number of participants from battle reports? I tried to copy them and put into a spreadsheet to calculate total hit counts but they cannot be selected/copied...