Resolved has any one completed Black Mountains QUEST group

DeletedUser363

The thing about that quest is that once you accept it, you don't have to go to it anymore. All you have to do is go to your quests menu, click on quest book, find the quest from Mugridge, and you can just duel him from the quest menu.

DeletedUser

Bummer - missed that completely! Took the long walk twice, got KO'ed twice, took the easy way out - now why did I not speak to you before I did that quest? :eek:hmy:

DeletedUser

It seems that you need to sleep in a town near Mugridge before fighting him so if you get KOd you get sent back to the last town you slept in.

That said, I accepted possibility #1 and was told I can find Mugridge in the south-east, but I have searched every map square and I cannot find him. All I can find are the junction points. Can anyone tell me what square to look in?

DeletedUser

Mugridge leaves the saloon after he tricks you?

If so I will ask for an invite to a town in the bottom right corner of the map if thats where he goes.

DeletedUser

Mugridge leaves the saloon after he tricks you?

If so I will ask for an invite to a town in the bottom right corner of the map if thats where he goes.

As has already been said, you can just go there and accept the quest. Then walk all the way back home before you duel him.

DeletedUser

I went with the 2nd option, was more profitable for me. $$ + XP + SP and with that money you can move the pre-placed SP if you like too, especially if you already have a mustang.

DeletedUser

but the 2nd is hard to complete, not much guys have those skill above 50(or 25?)

DeletedUser

Also I would much prefer 5SP to 1AP.
Mugridge is really not that hard to beat with decent gear and a few skill points in dodge...
If I managed it with my trader/hider anyone can do it!

DeletedUser

Also I would much prefer 5SP to 1AP.
Mugridge is really not that hard to beat with decent gear and a few skill points in dodge...
If I managed it with my trader/hider anyone can do it!

If you manage to beat him with your W9 Adventurer (who has a record of 18-18) No offense.. Then I guess anyone with decent gear and skill point allocation CAN indeed beat him,.. :)

DeletedUser

If you manage to beat him with your W9 Adventurer (who has a record of 18-18) No offense.. Then I guess anyone with decent gear and skill point allocation CAN indeed beat him,.. :)
My w9 adventurer KOed him in 4 hits. An 18-18 record doesn't mean I can't duel, it means I choose not to. I have done 1041 damage to a melee soldier (with higher dueling level than my own) in w9.
The trader/hider I also beat him with had a dueling record of around 2 wins 14 losses when I did it...

DeletedUser

Black Mountain

Why does mine have a grey X. It wont let me complete the guest

DeletedUser

but the 2nd is hard to complete, not much guys have those skill above 50(or 25?)

Just compensate with your equipments.. or you could always re-spec (just like what I did).. Choice 2 is more profitable.. :)

DeletedUser

I did that too, in two worlds. I bought some extra gear and re-spec'ed a few skill points, and then I had enough to go rob Mugridge. And yes, the reward was nice. :D

<----------- Click the pic

DeletedUser

I want to ask, could AP be reassigned ?

Yes, all SP and AP can be respecced, even quest rewards, and the starting 1 AP in strength.

I've now finished 6 times. I did option 1 four times and option 2 twice. I probably should have done option 1 all six times, because Mugridge really is easier than Jacob overall. On the sixth, I finally finished it with my hider, because a temporary respec for trading with Indians (and silver mining and evangelizing for other quests) became economical when I completed my gentleman's set. I even chose option 1 with him (damage: -46/-58).