450 XP
$10961
+1 skill points towards Mobility
+5 skill points towards Hiding

THIRD
adventurerhat.png

450 XP
+10 skill points

So the QUESTION is whether we a given choice between these three or we can get any one of the above cases..

Second one is best.... i am hoping for that but incase if i get the third one:sad::sad::sad:

So i was thinking of to sell the indian treasure,,:bandit:
WHAT SHOULD I DO???
All who have completed this quest please reply what case they got....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Lots of people have finished it. I went with the second one...

DeletedUser

I wouldn't sell the Indian treasure. I've never understood the preference for money in quests over XP, and I can't believe that anyone would take money over SP. I've done #1 (dueled Mugridge) the two times I've completed it.

DeletedUser

@pi-man

ok so that means we are given a choice and if i want i can go for the second one is it?????

DeletedUser

@ elmyr
it was a tough decision to lost those SP, but I was so far behind in what items I had and my town had lots of good ones...

@ zoro
you can choose whichever one you want

DeletedUser

Don't sell the treasure! You get almost the same money from options 1 and 2 that you get for selling the treasure. I gave up trying to beat Mugridge after three KO's, and went for option 2 instead.

DeletedUser

yes and u need to be sleeping, otherwise, the duelers will take the money

DeletedUser

3rd option is best imo (reward-wise that is, story-wise it depends on your character). You get 10 skillpoints, which is better than the attribute + 5 SP of option 2 and you don't have to pay to reskill them, so the loss of cash isn't really that much, only a couple of days and as Nakshtrap already said, you easily avoid duellers that just lure to hunt down adventurers at this stage.

DeletedUser

3rd option is best imo (reward-wise that is, story-wise it depends on your character). You get 10 skillpoints, which is better than the attribute + 5 SP of option 2 and you don't have to pay to reskill them, so the loss of cash isn't really that much, only a couple of days and as Nakshtrap already said, you easily avoid duellers that just lure to hunt down adventurers at this stage.
Why not the first one if you want the SPs?
It should only cost $500 and 10 days to remove 10 SPs...

DeletedUser

Yeah, I never thought I'd disagree with Jack, but I have to on this one. The only time #3 is better than #1 is if you can't beat Mugridge, and I KO'ed him the second time I dueled him.

DeletedUser

From what I've heard, he's tougher than Jacob, and my trader/leader needed about 30 tries to beat him and didn't need the cash in first place.

DeletedUser

I agree with Jack for trader characters. In order to beat Jacob I had to reassign a lot of skill points, now by the time I put them back, and reassign the ones I got for the quest, I don't think i'll have much change at all from the quest loot (and I'm waiting for the cost to go back down before I start).I would never choose option 2, money can always be made later but you will never catch up for those missed SP.

DeletedUser

I don't play my adventurer characters anymore, but when I did, I went with option #1 both times.

For me, it had less to do with the rewards than it did the potential for which decision I chose effecting possible future quest lines. Option #1 was the most 'honorable' path to take...or at least the most preserving of self respect.

This, of course, assumed that there would be a continuation of the quest line somewhere down the road...which to the best of my knowledge it has not been determined one way or another. It also assumed that, if there were, that it would weigh your previous decision. I would hope that they would put that kind of thought into it, at any rate.

For what it's worth, my adventurers were Pure Traders who had switched to Dex/Shooting less than 10 levels before going after good ol' Muggie. It took me a couple tries, but I got through it with both characters.

DeletedUser

If you look at it, all three options actually give +10 skill points, since with option #2 gives you an attribute point and +5 skill points to hiding, therefore, essentially +10 skill points. It just affects the way you can distribute the points, even with redistribution them. Probably not as good an option for a pure build, but for those hybrids, also a good option, imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser363

I went for #1. Since I knew Mugridge always aims for shoulder or head, I just ducked down. I kept challenging him until he missed me everytime. I probably KO'ed myself about 40 times until he finally missed me everytime.

DeletedUser

Knocking myself out 40 times would have taken me about 25 days with the walking time and rest time taken into account!!! I guess if I really wanted the 5 SP instead of 1 AP, I could have chosen option 3 then (could make much more money in 25 days). My character is not pure (I CANNOT SAY NO to the quests!) - 1 AP was OK for me.