Resolved Glass marble : Question : What is it for?

DeletedUser

I don't think there is one yet , just a keep sake, they seem to be popular on the market, maybe you can get a nice bit of cash for 1 ;), though you never know might be a quest for it in the future.

DeletedUser

Haha yeah, I've asked quite a few of the marble marketers and they suggest I pick one up right away, yet when asked about the quest, they've nothing to offer lol

DeletedUser

At the moment there is no quest for the marble.

It's as useful as the talisman and stone chain.

Deleted User - 1278415

What is the use for the Glass Marble?

Currently there is no known use, rhyme, or reason for it.
Could just be a collectors item for those who collect everything.

It might be for a future quest, but I highly doubt it since this is the only time of the year to be able to get one, but that has never stopped them before.

It is unknown if next year they will give advent quest to everyone again to be able to try for a glass marble or not after already having it this year.

Edit: Jouais beat me to it.

DeletedUser

At the moment there is no quest for the marble.

It's as useful as the talisman and stone chain.

Actually I believe the talisman and stone chain increase a job's luck so you get better item drops and more often.

Atleast that's what I've been told.

Deleted User - 1278415

Actually I believe the talisman and stone chain increase a job's luck so you get better item drops and more often.

Atleast that's what I've been told.

That's just rumors and speculation, there is no documented proof or analysis done on that.

Very similar to the usefulness of praying. Many say it helps and there is no known baseline to say yes or no that it does or doesn't help.

We are getting off topic now in a thread about marbles, that is resolved.;)

DeletedUser

anyone buying a marble for a expensive amount of money isn't very smart, all you need to do to get one is miss a day on the advent calendar thing, then open that day's door

DeletedUser

@Good Feather, the developers say that praying make a difference, whilst the developers could be lieing, I doubt it, and I take their word above random joes who make claims for Talismans etc

@Darrenb209, whilst the method to obtain a marble is correct, you cannot say they are not smart paying for one, since that would mean you know the value for them of both a marble and whatever it is they may miss by getting one from the advent calendar.

DeletedUser

Your statement is flawed due to lack of information. The same developers who claimed that praying does something, said the talisman and stone chain do nothing (yet). Very few claim praying does nothing. Most users just don't know what it does and dismiss coincidences/speculations.
But as you stated, you want to take the dev's word on the church, so take the dev's word on the talisman as well. :)

DeletedUser

I really don't think the marbles will be used for anything, anymore than the coal will, because they're "rewards" for not opening advent calendar boxes when you're supposed to. I strongly doubt not following directions (even if you started after December 1st) will be rewarded, unless maybe 10 of them can get you a day's worth of licorice or something like that.

DeletedUser

heh

i have about 20 marbles, and i was thinking of selling some. i didnt knew what price to put for them, so i searched a bit at the market. i was amazed and scared when i saw prices like 8.000 $ per piece, and i found a guy who said at item description :"needed for glass eye quest"... i dont really know what it is for or if it is real, but this is what i know. send message to my characters on worlds 10 and 11 if you find out somthin...

DeletedUser

Can't tell you what price to put (I'd never buy it), but I can tell you this:
There is no "glass eye quest".

DeletedUser14006

Haha, the glass marble is for the folk that failed in the christmas sled quest, better luck next year :)

DeletedUser20282

Apparently you can trade 3 of them in with Maya for, of course, a bag of marbles. +5 fine motor skills

DeletedUser

Apparently you can trade 3 of them in with Maya for, of course, a bag of marbles. +5 fine motor skills

correct. It is a quest from maya called christmas...christmas.
U need advent calender and 3 marbles.

DeletedUser

That quest is really unfair for low levels. I started on a new world recently to screw around and I thought those marbles from advent days before I started were a great source of income. There was no hint that you should keep them.