Geronimo Shotgun

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

just a small clarification why i said its how duellers feel like

imagine if hassan had been a 13k soldier with a geranimo shotgun, i doubt barely anyone would have cared, since in maybe 100 battle he woulda been top damage for 5 fights or so.

its simply because he is a dueller his damage is so insane, as a soldier with 20-30 hits in a battle he makes what 9k-13.5k damage? nothing really fancy and no one woulda complained, now as dueller he does that damage +5-6 crits of 1k a piece and his damage goes to 15-20k damage giving him insane damage. and everyone its unfair you can't beat hassan on top damage, and his total damage in a month is totally insane.

thats purely because he is a dueller cos duellers have an insane advantage in damage doing, if he had been a soldier with a geranimo shotgun he wouldn't even had made it to top 5 damage dealers of the month on colorado despite an insanely strong gun, doesn't that says it all that dueller on average still will do more damage then a non dueller with a geranimo shotgun?, ok there is none so i can't 100% proof it, but just try to do hassans # of hits *500 damage(he always uses bayo's) and see how often he would be top damage

DeletedUser

Zeta - I beat him on damage today - no buff equipped. It just comes down to how lucky you get with crits, in my opinion. His base damage (no crits) like you said is only about 10-12k the crits get him the huge damage really. He hits like 20 times in attacks and 30+ in defenses. However he usually gets at least 5 crits whenever i'm online and we share our crits. Some days he manages some massive 8-10 crits or so - so it's not really geronimo's doing the work

DeletedUser

Guess it's time to drop the issue. H.a.s.s.a.n's geronimo was taken away from him by mods.

DeletedUser6752

Howdahs and golden tomahawks are obtainable by everyone.

By the (limited) logic being presented here, then so is Geronimo's gun. Just as everybody "is able to" buy premium chests, so is everybody "able to" reach level 9 of the friendship point system in order to obtain 10 items of their choice.

Me? I have to rely on bonds - my limited income, with 2 kids in college, doesn't allow for more than a minimal amount of nugget purchasing on the rare occasion. And if I have to use 1500 bonds to get a premium chest, that's a pretty long wait, especially if I want to use my bonds for other things as well.
Same as it would be a long wait for someone to reach "Friendship level 9". So if the description of level 9 within the game is accurate, you can get Geronimo's gun there. You just have to work for it, like with the Golden Tomahawk or a Howdah.

Yeah, I know the point is all but irrelevant now that h.a.s.s.a.n.'s had his Geronimo's removed in lieu of a pittance.

DeletedUser

2k nuggets is nothing compared to that gun and a year of waiting. Geronimo's is not the same as a DoI.

DeletedUser

http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=660357&postcount=4

read that, devs apparantly cleared giving that shotgun and now da twista removes it lol, without actually fixing the thing for which he had gotten the gun in the first place (avatar and personal set)

Yeah - That forum post was what hassan used to get his geronimos i believe. So i'm confused about this, maybe they felt hassan utilized it too well doing 900k damage a month. But if that's the case then it is just unfair to penalize someone for being active and having good stats /hitting well...

DeletedUser

Yeah - That forum post was what hassan used to get his geronimos i believe. So i'm confused about this, maybe they felt hassan utilized it too well doing 900k damage a month. But if that's the case then it is just unfair to penalize someone for being active and having good stats /hitting well...

without geranimo's and with a GG that woulda been 700k or so still

if you consider that 50% more damage with a geranimo's, however biggest chunk of the damage is crits, so you cannot deduct simply 50% of the total damage since the largest damage still comes from crits on which a geranimo's doesn't have influence on(except that a crit is 150 damage bigger on average then with a GG), like the scythe battle where hassan with a scythe still did 16k damage

DeletedUser

I would be very upset being given something I used constantly, then having it taken away. Amazing how active players who help the game are treated.....

DeletedUser

without geranimo's and with a GG that woulda been 700k or so still

if you consider that 50% more damage with a geranimo's, however biggest chunk of the damage is crits, so you cannot deduct simply 50% of the total damage since the largest damage still comes from crits on which a geranimo's doesn't have influence on(except that a crit is 150 damage bigger on average then with a GG), like the scythe battle where hassan with a scythe still did 16k damage

Yeah - The scythe battle and even last night proved how much damage hassan can/does achieve even without that geronimos. So while many may complain that he's doing way too much, majority, as you stated, comes from the fact that he manages to get a ridiculous number of crits during each fortfight.

DeletedUser35304

RED.Rain...stop being Hassan's slave for a whille...at least on forums.He can defead himself or protect his actions/items.
I really don't give dam about Hassan and his minnions...u know very well that i really don;t liek the guy,but the fact is that he got what he deserved....he did everything what INNO said and now INNO it's not keeping there part of the deal.Again selling fals dreams and hopes....I would be very upset to know that something for which i worked so hard to get was for nothing.
But then again we are talking about Hassan here and and i'm happy that this is happening to him :))

DeletedUser20579

Justice has nearly been served.

Thank you Da Twista, you are wise and fair, the community thanks you.

If you could please strong arm the Dev's to get hassan his promised prize, justice will be complete.

DeletedUser

Okay maybe i'm being a little too subjective. I just felt that without completing the set this action should not have been made. Should the set be completed then both ends have held their side of the deal (friendship points:reward on set) and the issue is resolved.

I'll drop the case and stop arguing for Hassan then, since it wont get us anywhere and I'll apologize to everyone if I was too subjective and points were skewed because of it.

DeletedUser

Justice has nearly been served.

Thank you Da Twista, you are wise and fair, the community thanks you.

If you could please strong arm the Dev's to get hassan his promised prize, justice will be complete.

so justice

wait your complaint of the geranimo shotgun? it is to strong, and it is disbalancing and not available for all.

doesn't the same apply to declarations of independence? so why aren't those removed?

its nonsense that out of mere jealousy such an item get removed,

DeletedUser

so justice

wait your complaint of the geranimo shotgun? it is to strong, and it is disbalancing and not available for all.

doesn't the same apply to declarations of independence? so why aren't those removed?

its nonsense that out of mere jealousy such an item get removed,

Geronimo's was never intended to be in the hands of players. You're seriously going to compare the two? One person with Geronimo's vs. 80 per world with the DoI? Yeah, that's exactly the same. I'm not a fan of the DoI at all, but everybody does have the option to buy it, especially if there are two windows to buy it.

DeletedUser

Geronimo's was never intended to be in the hands of players. You're seriously going to compare the two? One person with Geronimo's vs. 80 per world with the DoI? Yeah, that's exactly the same. I'm not a fan of the DoI at all, but everybody does have the option to buy it, especially if there are two windows to buy it.

If it wasn't intended they shouldn't have handed it out in the first place. Secondly the admins approved handing it out. Thirdly on other(not .net worlds) there are also geranimo shotguns, some found in chests(i believe due to a small glitch they were accidently available through junk chests) but also through forum contests, and yes also through friendship points.

The reason i use the DoI as example is that the reason that its a disbalancing item and not widely available as well, which is the argument used of why geranimo's shouldn't be allowed, which seems quite hypocrit. And there only 40 per world, and you say everyone has the option to buy it, i challenge you to count the 10 seconds they will max prolly be available at dakota(even the unannounced ones were gone in 3 minutes), so enough will be left out and here's the problem won't be in anyway able to get such a DOI.

Last trying to offer 2k nugs in exchange for that geranimo's shotgun is pure robbery considering, 170k nugs been spend in the first place, the personalised set still isn't been adjusted(they messed that up in the first place), and the personal avatar also still isn't there. So after a year waiting he still haven't received his rewards, and now due to some whining of a few jealous players his only special item also gets removed, and basically gets told by the admins screw you, hows that for customer service

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20579

It is clear the gun was a mistake and it has been repaired. I'm sorry it was handed out to anyone. Jealous? Sure, but that is not the reason the gun shouldn't be around. Until the end of time in this game or in any competition people will desire a more powerful weapon or edge on the competition. The goal we are trying to achieve in this game is fairness. That is what makes competition great. :)

Weapons of this scale shouldn't be available at any cost. Premium players pay for a slight edge and if we give premium too much advantage it will ruin the game. :)

As for the DoI I don't think the two can be compared. Someone can run the fancy formula to calculate the edge you get in a fort battle. Remember these stats are added to what the fort fighter already has, maybe the same as a +1/+1 buff? I imagine this item has a greater effect on dueling than fort fights though, but I can't speak to that. Until I hear some very negative response on dueling, I say, let all the suckers have their DoI. :hmf:

Red.rain. It's understandable to stand up for your friend, but when we look at something like this, we have to look past ourselves, our town, our alliance, and even our world.

I nominate Red.rain to head up the committee for getting hassan his avatar. :cool:

DeletedUser8627

http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=660357&postcount=4

read that, devs apparantly cleared giving that shotgun and now da twista removes it lol, without actually fixing the thing for which he had gotten the gun in the first place (avatar and personal set)

Not on .net this ain't allowed nor can the shotgun be gained from a premium chest or any chest for that matter.

---------------

Once again, this item is not available on .net, not from chests nor friendship point rewards. It is solely a developer item that will be only used by NPC players.

Status
Not open for further replies.