Geronimo project on W1.net ?

Would you like to see the Geronimo Project in W1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Yes, there will be. But camp doesnt look special - its regular town named "Indian camp".

ah, just signed up to the russian worlds, had to see for myself, there east side of the map has all fully constructed towns WOW!

DeletedUser21518

looks interesting

looks interesting , but a little hard to follow

DeletedUser

That is how Geronimo looks like ;)

2nskm8.png

DeletedUser

WOW!
although we can see he is ranked 43 so he is possibly beatable, but the only thing possible to take on his tomahawk would be hernando's sword, or precise bunt-line.

im wondering though, if he attacked a large fort wouldn't he need more people and also can normal players which aren't part o his group join the fort battle he starts?

DeletedUser20647

im wondering though, if he attacked a large fort wouldn't he need more people and also can normal players which aren't part o his group join the fort battle he starts?

You should send him a telegram and ask.

DeletedUser5597

WOW!
although we can see he is ranked 43 so he is possibly beatable, but the only thing possible to take on his tomahawk would be hernando's sword, or precise bunt-line.

You can join on his side in large forts battles if you are a indian, even if from other town.

DeletedUser

if it get's implemented will have how many ppl spending 20 nuggets on change profile picture? :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Everyone can join his side in fort battles. Just if there is no free space - non indians are ranked lower then indians (no matter their level/weapons as i understand).

DeletedUser

Redmanphill voted no, so I think that gives you an indication of where this idea is headed.

DeletedUser

Hopefully its about what the players want and according to this poll 80% would like this idea. I hope its looked into seems kind of neat although i don't really understand it and don't and probably won't play w1 any time soon.

DeletedUser

Redmanphill voted no, so I think that gives you an indication of where this idea is headed.

Yes, it seems so :

As i've said before - problem is not always with developers that our world is dieing, but with this server administrator(s). They have many tools/ways to make this game more alive and interesting, just choose not to do.

And i'm too 99% sure that we wont have this project running on our world, but its good to see that 73 players liked it vs 10 (administrator not included) who didnt. It was pretty active voting with clear opinion expressed.
Thank you everyone for actively participating in it.

Diggo11

As i've said before - problem is not always with developers that our world is dieing, but with this server administrator(s). They have many tools/ways to make this game more alive and interesting, just choose not to do.
Hardly, the Russians went ahead and abused the admin tools to do this without authorisation. In fact, the first times the devs have ever heard of this was when Phil confronted the devs with this thread and asked them for their opinions, and fortunately for the Russians they loved the idea...

DeletedUser1121

i think abuse is a strong word. They used it to influense the game in a positive way (judging the poll and the reaction from the developers.)

Who's authorisation does a admin need when he uses the admin tool?
What is an admin worth when he can't make a judgement on his own actions regarding the game?

Diggo11

Yes abuse the tools, you can't just go around boosting your stats willy nilly 'for a bit of fun'. That would be an allegation of a "conflict of interest" which actually has some substance to it, considering this "Geronimo" runs around stealing player's forts ;)

At this current time we aren't certain if we will try this, but if we do it would first be trialled on a less populated world.

DeletedUser1121

agreed. if you do this, you need to do it on a new world where you own the forts you wish to uphold (only in one district if i remember correctly) from the start of the game.

DeletedUser

agreed. if you do this, you need to do it on a new world where you own the forts you wish to uphold (only in one district if i remember correctly) from the start of the game.

Now that I agree with. It is the main reason why I voted no to this. I like the idea, it sounds a lot of fun, but I'm seriously worried about the implications it could have on World 1.

World 1 at the moment is excellent! Lots of battles, and I'm having a great time. For me, it's pretty good as it is, so if it ain't broke, don't fix it. However, having the Geronimo project on a brand new world, would be an excellent idea :)

DeletedUser

Yes abuse the tools, you can't just go around boosting your stats willy nilly 'for a bit of fun'. That would be an allegation of a "conflict of interest" which actually has some substance to it, considering this "Geronimo" runs around stealing player's forts ;)

Diggo11 - i think you are misleading people a bit.

1. No one is boosting his own stats. Geronimo is more like NPC char. That is you can choose to duel IF you want, WHEN you want and he will not attack you back.

2. No one is "stealing" forts! There is always fort battle initiated! On average 3-4 fort attacks per week. SINGLE attack, not multiple! Everyone can join defenders side (all allies, friends, etc). While Geronimo's followers are restricted to 50 members + and anyone who will join their side. And we all know that in fort battles 50 people is practically nothing (except for small fort attacks).
In addition - even if fort is won in the battle - Geronomo WILL NOT organize its defense afterwards!

To Pardrus & others who thinks like - i think you do not imagine work needed to have such fort battles as we have now in W1. I'm very tempted to show what we would have if people who organize just do nothing. Geronomo project would ensure that we would always have quality fort battles + it would diversify fort battles - not just tw and anit tw, but "indians" against "nonidians" too.

Diggo11

Geronimo acts like an NPC, however in escence it is a boosted admin account with the intent of forcefully taking player forts. Not trying to be overly critical or saying it will never reach world one, but a highly active and populated world is certainly not the best test environment, we are after a less populated and low activity world where if the thing collapses the changes can be reverted without too much fuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.