Germany or England? [Football]

DeletedUser

Lol, Maradona is one of those people you love or hate. He is from the more brusque neighborhoods of Argentina, and thus not very tactful. For the most part he's atypical for an Argentine, but you gotta give him credit for being both a fantastic ball player in his time and for being so brutally honest. Let's face it, he's a rich & famous guy that can get away with that sort of stuff.

His call for the last world cup was a good call, up until the point he failed to realize (or was just plain stubborn) that having only one card leaves you little to play with when they change the hand. Germany reviewed Argentina's games, recognized Maradona's pride, and anticipated they would play exactly the same way they had played throughout the cup. So, they adjusted their offense and defense to counter.

Good call on Germany, they knew not to stand proud, and instead they did their homework. I think Maradona's latest behaviors was a good thing for Argentina's team, because now they'll abandon the pride stance and start working on being a real team. I suspect they'll have a strong running this next world cup.

As to England, meh...

DeletedUser8675

Lol, Maradona is one of those people you love or hate. He is from the more brusque neighborhoods of Argentina, and thus not very tactful. For the most part he's atypical for an Argentine, but you gotta give him credit for being both a fantastic ball player in his time and for being so brutally honest. Let's face it, he's a rich & famous guy that can get away with that sort of stuff.

His call for the last world cup was a good call, up until the point he failed to realize (or was just plain stubborn) that having only one card leaves you little to play with when they change the hand. Germany reviewed Argentina's games, recognized Maradona's pride, and anticipated they would play exactly the same way they had played throughout the cup. So, they adjusted their offense and defense to counter.

Good call on Germany, they knew not to stand proud, and instead they did their homework. I think Maradona's latest behaviors was a good thing for Argentina's team, because now they'll abandon the pride stance and start working on being a real team. I suspect they'll have a strong running this next world cup.

As to England, meh...

Right on, 100% agree. Germany was very good with tactics, and as they had young players, it was not a hard adjustment. They flowed and played good football so well, it makes me want to buy a Germany jersey of every single player on the squad. Of course I don't really want to blow that kind of money, as it costs about $100 to get a jersey w/ a name. Unless I got a fake kind on some random website..