Germany or England? [Football]

DeletedUser

Guys, this thread is about "Debate and discussion".

So, I am giving a topic:

In Football Which National Team is better? England or Germany?

Please show us logic behind your answer.

:D

DeletedUser

I will say: Germany is far far better than England.

Reasons?

- Better Defense

- Better Team Chemistry

- Better Attacking Side

- Better Leader

- Organized System which produces promising players

- In German Bundesliga, you will see, most of the players are German, means they are building players for the national team.

- German coaching stuffs are one of the bests.

Recent results have proved it so many times that German Football team is better than English football team although English media always makes England as the next World Cup Champion. :p

Finally, lets see what Mr Gary Lineker [former English player] says: He said: "Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win." en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Lineker

:D Hail Germany

DeletedUser16628

Eagle nice sig.I'm an american that does not follow your football league but I'm sure if I lived out that way I'd be a big fan as I'm a big fan of american football 1 of the most violent sports on earth.I look forward to reading this thread because there are many euro's here that are very passionate about football and me being german I'm taking germany and will look up info so I'm informed on my next post.

DeletedUser

By my definition, neither country actually has a football team, but in terms of soccer, I'm going with Germany. Unlike infiniti, I'm ethnically more English than German (about 10% vs. 0%), but what can I say, Germany owns every time.

DeletedUser1121

Well, since i live between both countries, i see a lot of both leagues.
Personally i think the current German team is better.

England might have got better individual players (Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney, Terry) but they fail to perform together. I don't know if this is an ego problem or just incompetence of the technical staff.

The German team is playing a style that really isn't German anymore.
The traditional libero doesn't exist anymore. They now play with some more creativity and 3 attackers instead of 2. There is more variation and they are really dangerous in a counter attack. All players seem to know exactly what to do when their team looses the ball. Low has been very succesful in following the original plan Klinsmann has set out. This shows again that longterm vision is more important than some fancy italian suit.

And i don't see England getting much better soon. The German league produces a lot of talents while all the English teams only buy expensive foreign players (this is starting to happen to in the bundesliga by the way). To counter this problem, the FA has brought up a new rule. Each team needs to have atleast a certain number of homegrown players (don't know the exact number) but now you see that the big teams just buy boys who are 16 or 17 years old. so the rule is already backfiring.

So basicly all hope is lost for England.

DeletedUser

By my definition, neither country actually has a football team,

Who says it soccer? If the International Federation of Association Football (FIFA) has the word football in in, then the game is called football and that is the end of story. You don't have to use the word soccer just because Americans named their game football, although it has hardly anything to do with using your feet other than running. Basically you could name every game football by American logic.

DeletedUser

infiniti99, Thank You very much for praising my siggy :]. Your one is also very good.

KILLTHEHIPPIE, yeah, Although England is a good team but Germans are much better than them and thats why they win :] Simple

Desi Boukerse, Yes Matey... you have pointed out few but crucial points.
- Team Game
- Changed Gaming Style
- Awesome Counter Attack
- Coaching Stuff
and finally their breeding procedure. All these things made German team a strong team of the world.

Actually the Football rivalry between England and Germany is very old [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England_and_Germany_football_rivalry]. Both these countries are very much sensitive about this issue. And we would love to see this in future. I want England to become more stronger so that they can compete with Germany.

Cheers Guys...

DeletedUser

Who says it soccer? If the International Federation of Association Football (FIFA) has the word football in in, then the game is called football and that is the end of story. You don't have to use the word soccer just because Americans named their game football, although it has hardly anything to do with using your feet other than running. Basically you could name every game football by American logic.
I beg to differ. We don't even play much soccer here, so we call it something else so we don't confuse it with any real sports. When there are 300 million+ English speakers calling it something other than "football", the story is far from over. That's more than several of your football, futbol or fußball countries combined. Furthermore, the meaning in non-English speaking countries often has nothing to do with feet. Take Spanish, for example. The Spanish word for soccer is "fútbol", but the words for "foot" and "ball" are "pie" and "pelota", respectively. Finally, in real football, we also use our feet for several instances of kicking and punting that occur in every game.

DeletedUser

When there are 300 million+ English speakers calling it something other than "football", the story is far from over.

Of the 45 national FIFA affiliates in which English is an official or primary language, 42 use "football" in their organizations' official names. Pretty much everyone who speak English as a second language use the word ,,football''. So it pretty damn arrogant for the Americans to insist using the word soccer. And don't call it real football, its like calling Judaism real Christianity.

DeletedUser

Of the 45 national FIFA affiliates in which English is an official or primary language, 42 use "football" in their organizations' official names. Pretty much everyone who speak English as a second language use the word ,,football''. So it pretty damn arrogant for the Americans to insist using the word soccer. And don't call it real football, its like calling Judaism real Christianity.
You know what's pretty damn arrogant? Some sport fanatics insisting that millions upon millions of people change a part of their language just because they don't like what the millions call a game they don't even enjoy. I don't insist on using the word soccer any more than, actually a helluva lot less than you insist on "football". By the way, see if you can get some statistics. So far, I have 334,000,000 Americans and Canadians calling it "soccer", and less than 149,000,000 British, Irish, Australians, New Zealanders and South Africans calling it "football". Also, American Standard English is becoming more and more popular among those learning English as a second language, with many English teachers advocating it, so they're likely to call it soccer.

DeletedUser

You know what's pretty damn arrogant? Some sport fanatics insisting that millions upon millions of people change a part of their language just because they don't like what the millions call a game they don't even enjoy. I don't insist on using the word soccer any more than, actually a helluva lot less than you insist on "football". By the way, see if you can get some statistics. So far, I have 334,000,000 Americans and Canadians calling it "soccer", and less than 149,000,000 British, Irish, Australians, New Zealanders and South Africans calling it "football". Also, American Standard English is becoming more and more popular among those learning English as a second language, with many English teachers advocating it, so they're likely to call it soccer.

Ease it down a bit. I started this debate cause you insisted in a calling German football team a soccer team. You can use the word ,,soccer'' as much as you want in The States, but don't expect that everyone will follow suit. If the rest of the world calls it football, then accept it and
don't go and rub the word soccer under their nose.

DeletedUser

OK, I will. I continued the debate because in my country, the sport is known as soccer, and thats what I always call it.

DeletedUser

Come on friends. This is not a big issue. I am from Bangladesh which was a British colony once at a time. But now we are adopting so many US English Words like: color [not colour]. And I have also heard that Australia, New Zea land and some other ex-British colonies also have adopted a lot of US words as well as cultures.

And this is simply enriching the whole English Language. Why not you consider Soccer as a synonym of Football? This is simple.
:)

Lets be with the topic. So far I have not seen any hard core English supporter. Come on guys.... show up.......

DeletedUser

Well back on topic then. It's hard to choose between the two teams, although recent has shown Germany's superiority, they won the 3th place twice in World Championships. Although I don't remember any games between England and Germany, so its hard to tell.

DeletedUser

Tomato, tomatoe, who cares. FIFA, the refs, and the participating teams, are corrupt beyond all hope of redemption, so really, it doesn't matter which team is better... in the end it's who gets paid off.

DeletedUser

Tomato, tomatoe, who cares. FIFA, the refs, and the participating teams, are corrupt beyond all hope of redemption, so really, it doesn't matter which team is better... in the end it's who gets paid off.

Isn't that with all sports?

DeletedUser

this one I must ask, I can't help it... are the oscars also political?

and betwen Germany of England, I think I would choose Spain :D. There is something special about the team that I like.

DeletedUser

and betwen Germany of England, I think I would choose Spain :D. There is something special about the team that I like.

YES. Spain has a terrific football team right now. But a lot of their players are well aged and very soon they will be ex football players ;)

So..... the Golden era is going to finish. So far I have never seen any upcoming good young Spanish player except Silva.

On the other hand, German team is filled with youngsters like: Muller, Khedira and of course OZIL. They are playing hard for both good clubs and national team.

And I am pretty sure that this German Team is going to rule in next few years.

Just imagine a team where Neuer is saving the goals, Lahm, Freddrik and Martasacker along with Boating is taking care of the defense.

The Engine Schewini is leading the mid field with Ozil and Khedira and continuously making scopes for Podolski, Klose and Muller .... Tony may join soon....

The Boss LOW has made an awesome game plan with counter attack and planned attack..

The Whole team is playing typical aggresive German football along with awesome tackling and passing ...... Finally the goals are coming..........

Which other team can beat this German team?????

German Team is the best.....

[apologize for my poor English]

DeletedUser

I think that's American Idol you're thinking of :laugh:

DeletedUser8675

Germany.
Klose and Mueller!

Ha, Hellstromm, even if England had of gotten that goal.. Germany still would have won. Accept the fact.