Gatling Gun

• Thread starter Rolling Thunder
  • Start date

DeletedUser

There should be a Gatling Gun in the game (it would be the best weapon ever in the game at least).

Signed Rolling Thunder:D

DeletedUser

errrr no :eek:hmy:

Imagine it against a slingshot.

but actually it could possibly be a shoot out weapon, that would make sense if you had one to defend your town but you'd have to buy it with the town treasury.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yes, a shoot-out weapon. I bet you cant use it in a duel though. I wonder when the shoot-outs finally come?"]

DeletedUser

Soon hopefully i can't wait to see what happens and what is won/lost.

DeletedUser

can we have lazers too?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

one wouldn't carry a Gatling gun it was mounted on wheels. it was unwieldy and would be useless against a single opponent.
649px-gatling_gun_1865.jpg

DeletedUser

Don't skit him it's a historically accurate gun.
Sorry mate, just having a laugh! i think 'the bad' used one in 'the good, the bad and the ugly' Yes they are apt and cool. For realism they'd have to have some movement restrictions? certainly not for duels anyway!:eek:

DeletedUser3741

useless against a single opponent?

If we walk at high none across each other and I wheel that up and point at him and while we wait for the mayor to flip the coin and when the coin lands we shoot, and I have that pointing at him

I swear to god 95% of every dueler would surrender before the coin was flipped

They should make that the level 99 weapon for ranged

DeletedUser

Say What?

Once again realism must rear its ugly head. The Gatling gun was strictly a military weapon which even if available to private citizens probably would have had such a prohibitive cost that few people other than Guggenheim or Rockefeller could afford one. Even if you get by all of that, in a street gunfight where is the practicality? Since this weapon had a notorious tendency to jam if the crank were turned too quickly, and even then what fool would knowingly face such a weapon if only armed with a pistol or a shotgun? We're getting further out there with ideas like this. Why stop there? Why not use lasers as another poster suggested? Or pocket nukes? Sheeeeesh!

DeletedUser3741

Costs?
At level 30ish we have items that cost like 5-10k$

by the time we reach 99 We all will be in the ranks of "Guggenheim or Rockefelle"

DeletedUser

Sorry mate, just having a laugh! i think 'the bad' used one in 'the good, the bad and the ugly' Yes they are apt and cool. For realism they'd have to have some movement restrictions? certainly not for duels anyway!:eek:

Also seen in "The Outlaw Jose Wales"

Another Eastwood great!

DeletedUser1105

If it was used in town shootouts, it gives it a sense of belonging to to a town and not a person. If it was powerful, it would have to cost a lot of money. Imagine down the line when a town has 45 players in the 90+ levels. There will be a lot of money flowing then, and surely they could save up for an expensive weapon?

As for cost, i don't know how much players would be raking at that stage, but it should take a town of high level players a while to get, so a MASSIVE EXPENSE.

DeletedUser

If you had a horse or something to drag it along it would be easy to move.

Signed Rolling Thunder

DeletedUser

actually to tell the truth the person who mans the gatling gun would be dead b4 he could even shoot 1 round becuz it has to warm up b4 it can even fire 1 so in other words its like a chain gun useless against 1 verry usefull against many.

DeletedUser

Also it should be possible for an enemy to use it against the town that has it if , for examle, the soldier on duty is killed.

DeletedUser

This is actually a good weapon to add, and is historically accurate. Everyone should watch Sukiyaki Western Django, a pretty sick movie that they use a gattling gun as top notch weaponry during the era.

sukiyaki-western-django.jpg

gattling gun :D

sukiyaki04.jpg

DeletedUser

A Gatling gun of this type was also used in the last samurai; and wiped out quite a large force on its own. a good defensive weapon to add for shootouts; and as one person (with horrible spelling) mentioned it should take a round to warm up before it starts slinging bullets.

That or it makes no attack the first round, one on the second, and a additional attack on each passing turn. But that would probably be very twinked