Fort class

DeletedUser27863

Fort class

I think that there should be fort class beside character class..

Proposal
Make new choice for players: choose a fort class.

Current Workaround
There is some sort of workaround, for example premium adventures are good dodgers, duellers with high aim are snipers, high hp soldiers are tanks etc.

Details
4 new classes should be introduced:
a) Sniper: get 5% more hits but weaker defence (for players with high aim but low dodge)
b) Frontiersman: dodge 5% more hits but hit less (for high dodge but low aim)
c) Riflemen: Balance between hit/dodge, get 5% more health in battles
d) Cavalrymen: Move two sectors per round instead of one, bigger distance penalty[edited]

In addition player could choose that class for each battle separately, at start after you choose side.

Player icons on fort map should display fort class instead of character class.

Abuse Prevention
fort class once selected can't be changed until end of battle.

Visual Aids
fortclass.jpg

Summary
Every player has it's own style of fort fighting and i suggest this to give him/her options to play as he wants to.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34315

Would what fort class you have chosen be visible to all, both defender and attacker?

DeletedUser27863

yes, it would be visible by icons similiar to this we have now which show your character class

DeletedUser34315

I think the "more hits on close range" part should be removed, or cavalrymen are more powerful than anyone else.

DeletedUser27863

no it's meant that they hit more on low distance than on longer one. similiar to what we have now just that their distance penalty should be higher

DeletedUser34315

Perhaps word it as "Penalty to chance to hit at long range?"

DeletedUser

I think everyone would choose cavalryman. Tanks may be tempted to choose frontiersman, but if they did, the lack of mobility would be a huge handicap. The bonus seems like it would have a huge impact on fort battles. One thing off the top of my head which would hugely favor defenders is being able to block north of the towers in the first round in a medium defense. I was going to say it would favor them blocking the rush too, but that would go both ways depending on circumstances. It seems like it would make east/west rushes very feasible, with attackers by the wall being able to target each sector inside the fort on the ground. The towers could still block via the walls unless they're blocked by offliners.

I can't see anyone choosing anyone but cavalryman.

delldell56

I can't see anyone choosing anyone but cavalryman.

who cares about cavalryman! as a hider, i'll choose sniper always, and go straight to the back row. then, i'll ask why i am getting shot at if i am behind 3 rows of players :D

DeletedUser27863

maybe on cavalrymen part is some implementations needed. something to take their advantages.. any suggestions?

DeletedUser15641

Less percentage? The bonus is +100% movement. Anything less would be meaningless unless you changed movement to squares instead of sectors, but that would probably have to be a different suggestion.

oops...than change movement advantage to???maybe two shoots per round?

DeletedUser20647

maybe a premium option so that you can go to 4 sectors would be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22493

I know this may be a little out of context here, but how about the possibility of removing the "sector" moving thing entirely, and rather opt for having a certain amount of "steps" every round. Which could be based upon your stamina skill, or other factors for that matter. Also, by removing the sectors, players would be able to move right up to their enemy, thus creating the option for hand to hand combat.

That would certainly change how fort battles were played out.

DeletedUser27863

rebow i like your idea. post it as a standalone idea. :)
and on that way cavalrymen would get some stamina bonus..

DeletedUser

oops...than change movement advantage to???maybe two shoots per round?

The problem is that it was overpowered, not underpowered.

I know this may be a little out of context here, but how about the possibility of removing the "sector" moving thing entirely, and rather opt for having a certain amount of "steps" every round. Which could be based upon your stamina skill, or other factors for that matter. Also, by removing the sectors, players would be able to move right up to their enemy, thus creating the option for hand to hand combat.

rebow i like your idea. post it as a standalone idea. :)
and on that way cavalrymen would get some stamina bonus..

Rebow's idea?

Anything less would be meaningless unless you changed movement to squares instead of sectors, but that would probably have to be a different suggestion.

DeletedUser22493

I didn't even see you post that Elm, but I like the way you think.
What do you think about it?

DeletedUser

I didn't even see you post that Elm, but I like the way you think.
What do you think about it?

I think it would make flag rushes way too difficult to block if you had to block every single square. I was thinking maybe a zone of control, where no one from the other side could enter adjacent squares, but that would cause other problems, e.g. if one side filled the flag they would automatically block every square around the flag. Well, coupled with this idea, you could have a zone of control and have a melee fort class that could enter it.