Fort Battles International Championship Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

rohith4444

This is for everyone that bragging about their timings
I am an Indian and 4 more players from India are in EN team who is awake all night for fort battles ( we stay online because we like to help our team ) none asked / commanded to stay awake :hmf:
I know other 4 players from this game only
we do have REAL LIFE
4 of us have work / jobs and 1 studies
stop blaming about times try to adjust your times if you like to help or be a part of your team ;)
organisers are doing their best what need to do for all Teams , don't think they doing favours to only 1 team :)
As I am speaking I had 1k+ battles in my main world almost 800 to 900 where I am online and timings are between 1 AM to 5 AM , I am online beacause i like to help my Team by making adjustments to my RL work that's doesn't means we are no lifers :hmf:

My apologies for posting something that is not meant to be in this thread :p

Last edited:

DeletedUser38063

Exil Da Twista. Support the worst of all time. It´s second time, that battle was remove from 21:00 to 19:00.
Ignore the request for correcting level is little joke...

DeletedUser

We would love to see a ranking table for each poule. It's really not that hard to do.

And why change the battle times again without notifying us beforehand? Players might have planned their evening so they could be online at the announced battle times. Now it's changed again from 11pm to 7pm and they might miss the battle because of that...

DeletedUser

Well, as a member of the .es server, as we have been mentioned a little bit, I'd like to say that it's really flattering to read that people are interested in our battles!

Besides that, I must say that I can understand the PT complains, but:

-.es server also includes all South America but Brasil, that means we have really wide hour differences, we have people from Mexico, Venezuela, Argentina, Peru, Chile, and more countries...In .es we usually have our battles around 10-11 pm or at 4am (those fit our south american bros)

-Regarding this championship our leaders talked with the organization and also with our rival's leaders to arrange a better hour for our battles, as 19:00 didn't benefit either team and we found little problem delaying the battle until 21:00 or even 22:00

I know how the situation is in South Europe, but I think there is always a workaround as we all are here to have fun and play, I don't know how is PT doing in the championship but I am sure your leaders can try dealing with other countries to arrange a more suitable time to battle rather than ranting here nonstop

Now to feedback:

-I think that repeating quests is kind of fine, It's a huge load of work to clone all the characters who are currently plaing in Awesomia, restarting quests is an easy way to ensure that we all satrt with the same atributes and habilites

-On the other hand I think that making us restart our craftmanship is unnecesary, craft level is just a number to clone and activating all recipes should be easy, and would leave more time to players to repeat quests

-Lag, noticed it of course, I think Having only 1 battle or 2 each day rather than all tuesday/thursday could work better for future championships

-The beginning of the tournament was kind of messy, next editions should make sure everyone starts on the same day with correct level, skills and chosen inventory, maybe giving some days to see if everyone has everything working right and then a restart

-Finally, a little complain I think I read some time a go...as far as I know people from this server (.en) have access to their saved nuggets from other worlds, while no other server has, I think for next editions this should be prevented so we all start on the same ground...If I had had access to my nugget pool from .es from the beginning I'd have used a ton of buffs on everything to advance faster and be better equiped, knowing that once the world is closed, all my nuggets remain usable in my home worlds

But overall, the chamionship is great and it's super fun, so kudos to all the organization team!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22685

-Finally, a little complain I think I read some time a go...as far as I know people from this server (.en) have access to their saved nuggets from other worlds, while no other server has, I think for next editions this should be prevented so we all start on the same ground...If I had had access to my nugget pool from .es from the beginning I'd have used a ton of buffs on everything to advance faster and be better equiped, knowing that once the world is closed, all my nuggets remain usable in my home worlds

This is a reasonable complaint, but it's been addressed numerous times. You mentioned the strategy of using your entire nugget pool on the fort world and still retaining your nuggets on your home server, which not only makes it unfair on the hosting team as they would be unable to do the same without separate characters being created with different names, but also essentially involves the creation of free nuggets which violates every principle Inno has seemed to hold dear over the last few years.

The nugget problem can't be avoided as long as a server has to host the event. Next time it will probably be a server other than EN that hosts, and that server's players will have the nugget advantage.

Costinha3

We would love to see a ranking table for each poule. It's really not that hard to do.

And why change the battle times again without notifying us beforehand? Players might have planned their evening so they could be online at the announced battle times. Now it's changed again from 11pm to 7pm and they might miss the battle because of that...

So far I've only seen this 2 rankings, hope it helps.

Well, as a member of the .es server, as we have been mentioned a little bit, I'd like to say that it's really flattering to read that people are interested in our battles!

Besides that, I must say that I can understand the PT complains, but:

-.es server also includes all South America but Brasil, that means we have really wide hour differences, we have people from Mexico, Venezuela, Argentina, Peru, Chile, and more countries...In .es we usually have our battles around 10-11 pm or at 4am (those fit our south american bros)

-Regarding this championship our leaders talked with the organization and also with our rival's leaders to arrange a better hour for our battles, as 19:00 didn't benefit either team and we found little problem delaying the battle until 21:00 or even 22:00

I know how the situation is in South Europe, but I think there is always a workaround as we all are here to have fun and play, I don't know how is PT doing in the championship but I am sure your leaders can try dealing with other countries to arrange a more suitable time to battle rather than ranting here nonstop

(...)

But overall, the chamionship is great and it's super fun, so kudos to all the organization team!!

About the battle's time, our leaders have tried, our general manager has tried, and nobody could get a right answer about that problem, so it seems that we will have to keep up with the stupid times we have. I only hope that in the end when we analise who got most times the 19PM timeslot I don't find it's Portugal. :)

(...)

The nugget problem can't be avoided as long as a server has to host the event. Next time it will probably be a server other than EN that hosts, and that server's players will have the nugget advantage.

IF, it ever happens again, it should be on another server, it's only fair to pass the "home advantage" between each server.

As a little piece of advice for next time, only 1 battle a week is too boring, everyone that came here loves to battle, and only giving us 1 battle a week makes some people lose interest. As we have now we have 9 battles a week, we could reduce the number of battles for next time to 2 a day, and make it 6 or even 7 days a week, that would make 12-14 a week and less cluster for the server, and wouldn't take almost 2 months just to make the first round of the tournament.

DeletedUser

Sorry if I didn't explain myself correctly...I didn't want a "have your nuggets cloned" thing, more like a linked nugget pool, so if you spend in awesomia it also is substracted from your home world

Anyways, I understand the points made, just wanted to note that as it is kind of a small thing rolling in my head, and I am kind of a "fair play maniac"

Just as a random suggestion...maybe next championship could be made in the beta server? should be more of a "neutral server" and it has english as it's official language, it's just an idea that came off from the top of my head

I am part of the .es server team, and I don't think with the size of our team we could have pulled off this kind of event, if next year is hosted in another server, it must be a big one too, once again, congratulations on organizing something this huge

DeletedUser8627

Thank you very much for your feedback. I've gone through it but I won't comment on everything that has been said, especially the messy bits ;)

We cater for the majority and if you're from a country that does not have a lot of players or in an awkward timezone that does not match the majority, you might have some issues with times. I cannot help that unfortunately. Also remember, we cannot host more than 2 battles (3 pushing it) at the same time, therefore we have to slot some battles in the undesired time slots.
I am not responsible for setting the times of these battles, we have the event co-ordinator doing extensive research and sorting out the times.

There are going to be other changes in this event that I plan to role out for the next one. These changes are based on feedback from our playerbase and also considering the workload on the admin's side and some problems we had with this event.

- The registration process and sorting out accounts for this event is simply a nightmare. Getting everyone sorted out with skills and gear is also very time consuming. Ideally, we want to announce the event and have it start soonest rather than letting you wait a month so we can get the workload sorted out. Plus we prefer not extending the start date like what happened to this event. Some changes you can expect to see, but not guaranteed yet are allowing the players to register their own accounts. This is a lot easier especially when current email addresses/player names have already been registered. This responsibility will be for the player to sort out and then send the admins your account details.

- Gear migration will be removed completely. There were too many problems with gear migration and we would prefer to change the process instead.
From now on you will be entering the world naked and will be responsible to purchase your own gear. We will set campaigns on the world so that you can gain a lot more money a lot faster plus tombola items will be available for purchase using in-game cash. There will be restrictions on purchase dates and times for the more lucrative gear used for fort fighting.

- Level, Skills and Attribute points will remain the same at this time.

- Quests, there is nothing much we can do about this since it is connected to so many features within the game. It's not a simple case of disabling them so that players cannot do them. At this point this too will remain the same.

- A battle schedule including times will be provided before the event recruitment process starts. Each player can check the schedule and times and decide if they wish to participate in the event.

- Teams that did not fill in this event will have the opportunity to gain more players from other servers. It was done for this event but not communicated properly and one or two teams did fall short. We will also have a reservation pool of players that will not be allowed into the event world until such time they are specifically needed by a team that has lost players. This also to accommodate those who were not chosen to participate by their team lead.

- Hosting server of the event will also change. Either moved to the beta server or a new server and forum created. I prefer the latter as then everyone can have one forum to visit and view with all the announcements and information you will need. As it is now, some information for this event vary from server to server and we don't want incorrect information or changes not being delivered to you.

- The town setup will also change slightly. We would like to combine some of the smaller teams with others so we have the same amount of teams as there are counties. Each team will be given a county where they can found their towns and own the three forts in their county.

- Battle frequency will also change to every second day regardless of weekends. We will be hosting them weekends too. We don't want to spend 7 weeks doing pool battles. I would like to get a full IFBC championship done within a month.

- The problems with lag will be looked into on the new server and we will take measures to make it more tolerable than what it is now.

Thank you for all the feedback already, feel free to post more if you have any further ideas or problems with the current championship. :)

DeletedUser38063

I am not responsible for setting the times of these battles, we have the event co-ordinator doing extensive research and sorting out the times.

- Gear migration will be removed completely. There were too many problems with gear migration and we would prefer to change the process instead.
From now on you will be entering the world naked and will be responsible to purchase your own gear. We will set campaigns on the world so that you can gain a lot more money a lot faster plus tombola items will be available for purchase using in-game cash. There will be restrictions on purchase dates and times for the more lucrative gear used for fort fighting.

- A battle schedule including times will be provided before the event recruitment process starts. Each player can check the schedule and times and decide if they wish to participate in the event.

- The town setup will also change slightly. We would like to combine some of the smaller teams with others so we have the same amount of teams as there are counties. Each team will be given a county where they can found their towns and own the three forts in their county.

You are responsible for Official battle schedule on this forum. And on this schedule are still wrong times. Nobody officialy posts this external https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...-lKGobqLA7kbA/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=675813398 schedule.

Plan with the gear look very well. And we can hope, that battle schedule will not change during the tournament.
Something about counties for the teams. Some shire are better than other. Primary is the central sector like A3-A5 and B3-B5. Teams in this sector have advantage against team in sector B7 for example.

DeletedUser38084

I have made a suggestion years ago to get easy Fortbattles between servers/markets: You could use the Awesomia Fort in every world like the Questpoint for Adventures.

Everyone could stay on there homeworld, no need to clone characters.

When you prefer the cloning then let the people chose from example 5 FB-Sets and dont let them work to get clothing.

DeletedUser22685

This will probably result in substantially reduced interest. Judging by the feedback in this thread so far, even the need to do quests and farm for crafting is more work than a lot of players were hoping for in a fort battle competition. The more that players need to build their characters, the more the event turns into just a regular world where the teams speak different languages.

The workload of migrating items could be shared by appointing event admins from multiple servers rather than tasking a small group of the host server's moderators with all the heavy lifting. Another option is to just put all the tombola gear in the UPS for free so that every team is on level footing apart from skill and numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser37451

Another option is to just put all the tombola gear in the UPS for free so that every team is on level footing apart from skill and numbers.
The easiest way should be to clone the inventory of the players 1:1 to the event world. I don't see any advantage of a selected inventory (3 items per slot) and it causes a lot of work only.

DeletedUser22685

The easiest way should be to clone the inventory of the players 1:1 to the event world. I don't see any advantage of a selected inventory (3 items per slot) and it causes a lot of work only.

Across servers that can only be done manually, so the workload would be insane.

DeletedUser

From now on you will be entering the world naked and will be responsible to purchase your own gear.

I am not personally a fan of this, but it is understandable, if it was creating too many problems.

However, this means that you somehow have to make sure that every server has access to precise single shot rifles in one of their towns' gunsmiths. Or those without it can just as well pack up and go home right away, since they wont stand a chance.

DeletedUser36559

Let's have some good old fashioned gear with brown ties, moccasins and donkey's for FF's but yes without precise single shot rifles the team might aswell not turn up to the fight.

DeletedUser22685

Let's have some good old fashioned gear with brown ties, moccasins and donkey's for FF's but yes without precise single shot rifles the team might aswell not turn up to the fight.

I must be mistaken, because it looks like you're suggesting that brown ties could possibly go out of fashion.