P&P Fort Battles and Chat

DeletedUser13636

Practice makes perfect, your battle team will get better I am sure. Keep fighting on. :)

DeletedUser

Problem is, I'm spec'd for a fort defender only, hiding, leadership, and mobility only, so if we want to get it back, I really don't wanna attack, lol, pretty much be useless.

DeletedUser13636

Problem is, I'm spec'd for a fort defender only, hiding, leadership, and mobility only, so if we want to get it back, I really don't wanna attack, lol, pretty much be useless.

Yeah, but keep in mind sometimes just having the extra bodies will make or break it for you, skilled for the battle or not.

DeletedUser

Yeah, I wish more people weren't online during the fort battle on our side, I woulda had some cover had they stayed there, but almost everyone was online which was useless when no strategy was applied, some cannon fodder woulda been nice, lol

DeletedUser13388

Well that was whats known as total devastation.Like I said rd 2 obvious conclusion

Mind you to be fair the attackers looked like an all star cast with a few missing exceptions.

Well done attackers great movement, anyone would have thought youd done this before. :rolleyes:

PS who was the general btw dont be shy

Ryan Perez was :) The leading was great and the co-ordination was excellent too :)

And yeah Vic,as Consti said "thats my(our) first fort battle...on that world" ;)

DeletedUser24603

Three Keys to success in this battle

Great Leadership thanks Ryan Perez
Great Attacking Team that Followed their Leader
and Finally ....
Then the defenders ;)

DeletedUser

Just curious, how do you expect to be successful in fort battles with a language barrier between half the participants.

Surely Kurosh have enough decency to speak English to cater for their allies (or translate).

DeletedUser

Amuze... You don't have to speak english to know that:
1. West is the left side of the map, east/south/north are used to order movements to right/down/up
2. Wall is the barrier between the fort and surroundings and is usually filled with defenders on round 1
3. Towers are squares that give bonuses on each fort corner
4. Mount is used to order the team to climb on the wall
5. Snipe is a tactic of hiding from most enemies but still making visible one or two so you can hit them
6. LOS (line of sight) is the area of the fight you can see (and shoot)
7. No, getoff and drop are the words leaders yell on suicidal Rambos who go alone for no reason on the wall or towers - without success of course ;)

I believe that's about it, right? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Three Keys to success in this battle

Great Leadership thanks Ryan Perez
Great Attacking Team that Followed their Leader
and Finally ....
Then the defenders ;)

You forgot:

Small and unbuilt fort.That was probably the most important factor.
Anyways,it's a small and fairly insignificant battle.We need more.

DeletedUser24603

You forgot:

Small and unbuilt fort.That was probably the most important factor.
Anyways,it's a small and fairly insignificant battle.We need more.

Yes true ..
dont forget the other possible excuses .... like Time of Day, Not Enough Online, Lack of Good Weapons, only one eye open :laugh:

DeletedUser

I'm surprised they couldn't work together, Iran and Finland have always been great allies in every war :D

DeletedUser

Yes true ..
dont forget the other possible excuses .... like Time of Day, Not Enough Online, Lack of Good Weapons, only one eye open :laugh:

LOL,ok ok.

There is no excuses.Excuses are for when things don't go according to plan,when there is a failure of some sort.

Everyone including me said it will be a massacre before the battle,a blind man could have seen that one :)

DeletedUser16008

You require good enough English certainly to communicate orders and they are far more than just a few words.

Its also fast enough moving with 1min between rds that you need to write English quickly enough for others to follow. Sometimes those orders are varied.

Its an English speaking server and without a Commander or players with good enough ability I fear there wont be too much success.

DeletedUser

I'm surprised they couldn't work together, Iran and Finland have always been great allies in every war :D

That's rich.That statement couldn't hold any more sarcasm,it would burst if you tried to squeeze anymore in it.:laugh:
Seriously though,country background shouldn't really matter though as long as communication is fluid.

Anyways,if anything it was entertaining,and a nice break from the relentless grind.

It will be interesting to see who will eventually be the power house of fort fighting in Arizona,hopefully we'll get at least 2 strong factions.I am not found of worlds where only 1 alliance dominates all.

DeletedUser

No in that case we will have to create a resistance movment to balance things up.

And come on don´t blame it on comunication problems :eek:hmy:
If the players speak good enough english to play on a english language server they can comunicate good enough to be understood just use the KISS rule.

Hey you all seen my spelling :laugh:
And i have not experianced any larger missunderstandings because of it yet.
( but i do not try to make my written conversations to complicated either )

And i have never studied any english other than the basics in school a hundred years ago.
All my english comes from watching english tv and movies too bad spelling don`t come that way too :sad:
Ahh well live with it i have too.
Main point if i can make myself understood so can anyone.

And don´t bang your head to hard against the keyboard when you read my texts im sure you get the message even tho there are some misspelled words

( well allot )

DeletedUser

You require good enough English certainly to communicate orders and they are far more than just a few words.

Its also fast enough moving with 1min between rds that you need to write English quickly enough for others to follow. Sometimes those orders are varied.

Its an English speaking server and without a Commander or players with good enough ability I fear there wont be too much success.
Really? Then how come you and more others haven't noticed that I wrote "west is on the right", hehe
Anyway, I've corrected it.

In fort fights you only need to know a few keywords and follow the leader. Nothing else. For god's sake it a fight, it's not some chitchat spamroom.

DeletedUser

Well it´s not like anyone is following orders anyway :laugh:
With the exeptions of some towns who have a well oiled fortfighting machine and that is a beautiful thing to watch/ be apart off.

It is actually possible to take a fully built fort if the attackers play like a team but i have been in to many fortfights where the attack has been domed from round one when every one keps running around like decapitaded chickens and fort tanks with thousands of hp are hiding behind others with a fraction of there hp :laugh:

Then they are easely taken out once there meat shield is gone but thats the way it goes if one plays a fort fight as individuals.

DeletedUser

I was in a fort fight when only 1 person attacked while about 300 defended