Rejected Fort Battle Class Adjustment

• Thread starter DeletedUser23629
  • Start date

Should the idea for adjusting fort battle bonuses be suggested to the Devs?

• Yes

Votes: 27 47.4%
  • No

Votes: 30 52.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Elymr don't deny you don't get boxes in world4

Old worlds aren't the same. I get boxes on w11 too, but generally on newer worlds, they mostly go to duelers. It's not at all uncommon for a dueler to be #1 by 3k damage. On w9, my dueler is almost always #1 by a sizable margin with a nice amount of hp to crit and not much premium dueler competition, even in failed attacks. Too bad steel is almost never available on w9.

DeletedUser28620

if its anything that is unbalanced its workers advents get boxes in some worlds i play in the are good blockers and a single can hold a sector for 5-10rounds and get loads of dodges as well.Elymr don't deny you don't get boxes in world4

Abskay maybe you play a different game, but in the-west most boxes go to duelers, and sometimes to soldiers or workers. I play on w10-w15 and there advents rarely get wooden boxes, let alone iron or steel.

You say advents get "loads of dodges", but they get less dodges than ANY other class. Ghosting doesn't count as a dodge and doesn't give you boxes. Ever.

Maybe Elmyr gets boxes sometimes, but those cases are mostly miracles, and they don't happen because he is advent, but because he's good at fort fights.

DeletedUser

Fort Fighting variations

I think it's a good idea, in fact there are plenty of good fort fighting ideas out there but nearly all of them come up against either massive or very vocal opposition.

We have a beta world, 15 English .net worlds and many more worlds under different languages too. Why not "mix it up" a bit in a few other worlds to stimulate some interest in those worlds? Why do the same rules for fort fighting have to apply to all worlds and all fort sizes too? Would the same rules and procedures be used to attack and/or defend a small fort as a large one? There's plenty of room to "try new things" and that would go a long way to stimulating interest in the game among the current and even former players (might bring a few back).

I realize that programming time and resources are a premium, but some ideas that are floating around out there might be quite easy to implement (look what's been done on a small scale by making W6 a GM world).

That's my 2 cents,
TJ

DeletedUser

No way no! Duelers are already pretty good with their advantage. They have the most advantages and are doing fine. If you allow them to aim two sectors away at a particular player, before he even gets to you to kill you, the particular player is already dead. That would be an unfair advantage as the duelers get to attack AND protect.

DeletedUser21582

But duellers would lose their critical hits with this proposed change, so unless there are a number of them online and coordinated, a targeted player would not necessarily be already dead. And it would make teamwork more valuable.

At the risk of straying off topic, I like the idea of fort fighting variations. And how about some variable cover for the attackers, like trees or overturned wagons or something like that? Make it a random thing...right now the only cover an attacker has is the guy in front of him.

DeletedUser

This idea in its current state has failed to gather 80% of the majority of the voters.

This idea will not be submitted to the developers in its current condition.

View Poll Results: Should the idea for adjusting fort battle bonuses be suggested to the Devs?
Yes
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
clear.gif
27 47.37% No
bar3-l.gif
bar3.gif
bar3-r.gif
clear.gif
30 52.63%

Status