Rejected Fort Battle Class Adjustment

• Thread starter DeletedUser23629
  • Start date

Should the idea for adjusting fort battle bonuses be suggested to the Devs?

• Yes

Votes: 27 47.4%
  • No

Votes: 30 52.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser23629

Fort Battle Class Adjustment

Proposal
The purpose of this idea is to help create balance within fort battles. There is obviously a big advantage currently for the dueler class and there is a huge importance on health points. This idea would hopefully balance the damage done among the classes and bring down the number of pure health point tanks.

Details
(the wording could be more clear and obviously tweeked)

1) Remove the dueler class fort advantage of landing a critical hit.

2) Add a 5%-10% possible critical hit for ALL classes (excluding green horns). This cannot be raised with premium, it will be a set value depending on some testing. If 5% is too low, maybe try 10%.

3) Add a new advantage for duelers class. They have the option of not only sector targeting, but they can aim a particular player. They can target a player 1 sector away without premium, and 2 sectors with premium.

Summary
I believe there needs to be a change with fort fighting to better balance out the classes and the importance of health points. I also understand some players maybe upset if they picked a dueler just because of the current advantage, but I think they too will agree that the new advantage is also a powerful one.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

DeletedUser23629

Looks like this got a lot of views and ideas before it was up for a poll...now it suddenly died :(

DeletedUser14006

Nothing wrong with the current system, duelers get to land good shots, soldiers get to be fat and adventurers get to be ghosts.

If anything a little spice to the builders bonus would be a welcomed addition.

DeletedUser22685

Nothing wrong with the current system, duelers get to land good shots, soldiers get to be fat and adventurers get to be ghosts.

I agree completely with the first paragraph.

Not so much with the second one however, workers are already hard enough to hit and if that was taken any further it would be nearly impossible.

DeletedUser

looks like duelers dont want this to go through cause they are selfish and want to get top damage all the time so they are voting against it

DeletedUser16008

Voted no and Derek hits the nail right on the head, sort out the builders. ( I don't posses a dueler toon )

DeletedUser

In the discussion about this idea I've already said no. Why? Because it's one of those "soldier unite" idea thread. Give leadership and health bonus to all classes and let crits for duelers only, how does that sound? Oh you wouldn't go there?

From me you get a big, fat: NO.

looks like duelers dont want this to go through cause they are selfish and want to get top damage all the time so they are voting against it
You sure it's duelers? I'm not playing one.
Perhaps it's actually nonsoldiers who "don't want this to go through....".

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22493

Im far more for whats in the roadmap already. So, no from me.

DeletedUser23629

Sending something to the devs is better than sending nothing. People (including me) want to see a change.

I know this isn't a fix all suggestion, but the chances of the devs getting this suggestion then implementing it exactly this way is about 1 in a million.

Point is, I'd rather have us send in a suggestion then to sit here and argue about details. And I agree Rebow, I like the roadmap better. But if we send in a suggestion such as this, maybe they'll add the changes suggested in the road map faster. Speed up the process a bit maybe.

That's all I really have to say on the matter.

DeletedUser

Sending something to the devs is better than sending nothing.
With this I absolutely disagree.

And if you want to get some support, just make that very idea better instead of turning into a bad politician. Remember "the pacifier" idea? That one with the pic and stuff gathered almost all yeses. ;)

Noobmic

I cannot talk more then Adventurer that I'm in all worlds where I play and trust me if in 10 battles I get one time that bonus I'm happy. For example in the last 15 battles that I took part not a single time the bonus was activated and in one world I have premium.

As a conclusion I agree with this change.

DeletedUser16008

In the discussion about this idea I've already said no. Why? Because it's one of those "soldier unite" idea thread. Give leadership and health bonus to all classes and let crits for duelers only, how does that sound? Oh you wouldn't go there?

From me you get a big, fat: NO.

You sure it's duelers? I'm not playing one.
Perhaps it's actually nonsoldiers who "don't want this to go through....".

What an idiot, lol 3 posters already in the first page all soldiers and all said no from the off... Jox talking out of his paranoid about soldiers butt as usual....:rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I loved the idea when it was first presented to me, but I need to think about it.

I'd rather get 100 dodges than ghost.

DeletedUser

Which is why making fb skills more effective was suggested, though I'm not sure how they didn't make their way into this idea.

DeletedUser

I agree with your sentiments.......one side could say the devs are disconnected from the desires of the players and another side could say people complain too much.....but we're all still addicted to the west :p

DeletedUser14006

I loved the idea when it was first presented to me, but I need to think about it.

But I speak from the team playing perspective :)

The ever present annoyance that is the team playing tower blocker is can be quite effective when it comes to limiting the opposition to just one tower when they decide to mount.

Back on topic, when I spoke of adding spice to the workers bonus I meant to add something unique like ghosting and crits, something new and fresh for workers even if it meant stumping their current uninspiring bonus.

DeletedUser22493

Couldn't agree more. Advent class is not included in the box drop system.
Boxes are rewarded to duelers with crits doing top damage and soldiers with hp scoring top dodging.

Workers aren't completely left out either, because with a high dodge, they can be pretty hard to shoot. Especially in their tower.

Fact is that all other classes than the Adventurer have a special bonus that counts towards getting boxes.
Thats bloody unfair.

DeletedUser

if its anything that is unbalanced its workers advents get boxes in some worlds i play in the are good blockers and a single can hold a sector for 5-10rounds and get loads of dodges as well.Elymr don't deny you don't get boxes in world4

Status
Not open for further replies.