Fort Balancing Overzealousness

Ektoras BOTrini

It's generally considered a standard practice in online games to have policies that restrict moderator or administrator access to player accounts unless it's necessary for legitimate reasons, such as investigating reports of cheating, harassment, or technical issues. This practice helps protect the privacy and security of players.

If the game's official website and related documents, such as the Terms of Service, Rules, and Community Guidelines, do not provide specific information about moderator or administrator access to player accounts, it's possible that the game's policies in this regard are not publicly disclosed or are handled internally by the game's operators at InnoGames

In such cases, one must contact The West's customer support or community management team directly. They should be able to provide any specific information one needs regarding moderator or administrator access to player accounts and address any related concerns one may have.

The players who got their accounts moved , should contact support immediately because this is not a joke , there is a lot of DATA in ones account , who knows if that mod doesn't steal personal information? This should be punishable.

asdf124

It's generally considered a standard practice in online games to have policies that restrict moderator or administrator access to player accounts unless it's necessary for legitimate reasons, such as investigating reports of cheating, harassment, or technical issues. This practice helps protect the privacy and security of players.

If the game's official website and related documents, such as the Terms of Service, Rules, and Community Guidelines, do not provide specific information about moderator or administrator access to player accounts, it's possible that the game's policies in this regard are not publicly disclosed or are handled internally by the game's operators at InnoGames

In such cases, one must contact The West's customer support or community management team directly. They should be able to provide any specific information one needs regarding moderator or administrator access to player accounts and address any related concerns one may have.

The players who got their accounts moved , should contact support immediately because this is not a joke , there is a lot of DATA in ones account , who knows if that mod doesn't steal personal information? This should be punishable.
the players who were changed sides can check for themselves via their login info in settings.(check the ip addresses, don't disclose those ip addresses to anyone or someone you trust.)
Moving players positions in a FF is a tool ability & requires no account access..
I think that's the tool ability as well.

foscock

I know who did it :) and things have been taken care of.
Respectfully, you are not entitled to the details on our procedures. Your participation is in the game, as a player, not as a staff member participating in the administration of accounts, enforcement of rules, or provision of technical assistance. As a player, you may play the game and abide by the rules set forth.
In relation to the support system, you may provide ideas on gameplay, ask questions, and request assistance but, you may not dictate policy, nor intervene in administrative affairs. How we manage tickets is simply not your purview, you are not entitled, you do not have the authorization, nor will this be provided.
Thanks for the canned response that every mod has sent to every player since the game began, it was so helpful. But I didn't ask about your procedures, I asked if you'll guarantee that the mod team will stop moving players to a side they didn't sign up for. It's a pretty simple question, I don't understand your reluctance to answer.

Calling it a "human error" isn't good enough. In what way would a human on the mod team feel it was justified to move people from one side to another? It wasn't even anything to do with balance, the side the players were moved to was full, and the other side ended up shorthanded.

It's a bad look for the mod team, and at the very least you could apologize, which you have yet to do.

JWillow

Thanks for the canned response that every mod has sent to every player since the game began, it was so helpful. But I didn't ask about your procedures, I asked if you'll guarantee that the mod team will stop moving players to a side they didn't sign up for. It's a pretty simple question, I don't understand your reluctance to answer.

Calling it a "human error" isn't good enough. In what way would a human on the mod team feel it was justified to move people from one side to another? It wasn't even anything to do with balance, the side the players were moved to was full, and the other side ended up shorthanded.
Really you got more of a response on open forum than I would have ever expected, definitely the other CM would only referred you to the support system, not given you any information.

Also short handed, what is that suppose to mean, the battle lasted for 51 rounds, what was preferred it ending in less than 40 rounds, which happens normally happens with that groups abusive digging practices. Though I will admit it was sad to see a player attacked by supposed friends for something that was clearly not his fault, but I think that says more about the people than the accident. Really at this point, if players are not signing because of the one time incident, it has more to do with the reaction from their own team than the actual fort battle itself, as it was not a lopsided battle like so many have been at that time. Maybe the real people needing to apologize are the ones that went after the players affected by the bug for something out of their control?

But anyway, sorry that an accident prevented a small group from farming easy wins, in their long road of abuse of the game mode.

Clever Hans

Really you got more of a response on open forum than I would have ever expected, definitely the other CM would only referred you to the support system, not given you any information.

Also short handed, what is that suppose to mean, the battle lasted for 51 rounds, what was preferred it ending in less than 40 rounds, which happens normally happens with that groups abusive digging practices. Though I will admit it was sad to see a player attacked by supposed friends for something that was clearly not his fault, but I think that says more about the people than the accident. Really at this point, if players are not signing because of the one time incident, it has more to do with the reaction from their own team than the actual fort battle itself, as it was not a lopsided battle like so many have been at that time. Maybe the real people needing to apologize are the ones that went after the players affected by the bug for something out of their control?

But anyway, sorry that an accident prevented a small group from farming easy wins, in their long road of abuse of the game mode.
You really are hilarious. Just coz mismanaging of the support tools played into your advantage or coz your buddies are on support team, doesn´t mean that those actions were warranted or justified. Must be nice to have someone on dial up to force your will(ow) on the rest of player base and to bring other players to awkward position of playing on the side that they didn´t choose.

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
Yes, it was a human error; this was not "Fort Balancing Overzealousness;" this was not a "rogue 'fort battle balancer' that wants to move players to his preferred side". Moving players in a Fort Battle should not happen and steps have been taken to prevent its accidental recurrence.
And I would like to add: Errare humanum est, sed perseverare turpe and for those whose Latin is a little rusty, it means: it is human to fail, but only a fool continues.

Deleted User - 4271759

Yes, it was a human error; this was not "Fort Balancing Overzealousness;" this was not a "rogue 'fort battle balancer' that wants to move players to his preferred side". Moving players in a Fort Battle should not happen and steps have been taken to prevent its accidental recurrence.
And I would like to add: Errare humanum est, sed perseverare turpe and for those whose Latin is a little rusty, it means: it is human to fail, but only a fool continues.

JWillow

You really are hilarious. Just coz mismanaging of the support tools played into your advantage or coz your buddies are on support team, doesn´t mean that those actions were warranted or justified. Must be nice to have someone on dial up to force your will(ow) on the rest of player base and to bring other players to awkward position of playing on the side that they didn´t choose.
No you are hilarious.

You sit there acting like I knew what happened, all I saw was the personal pettiness of the ones getting angry at each other. It was over 12 hours later that I learned that some players got bugged to the side they didn't sign for.

I am just bringing up the realism that it was not a lopsided battle and why even bring up the short handed if it wasn't a slaughter?

You do realize I am treated very nastily by support right? Maybe not the fort battle strategist, but their bosses for sure. So if you think I am getting something from them, you are very mistaken and I am sure some of the mods do wish I would perish in a speed server, probably even have a party for it.

Anyway, the support team does not have a time machine, so they are doing the only thing to ensure it doesn't happen again, which is more training. Guess they could have fired, but just means they got to train someone new all over again, which means more possible mistakes, so not sure what you expect, an all knowing person that needs no help.

Yes I do feel that a game mode made for team play with two opposing side, should include two sides playing. Not one side shooting zombies and farming, there are plenty of other games that offer killing zombies. Fort battle is not players vs zombies the last time I looked, but in your game play I am wrong obviously, I do believe you like non competitive battles after all, that is fine and all, there are literally 5 or more dead worlds just for you to do whatever, Colorado doesn't have to be one though.

Clever Hans

No you are hilarious.

You sit there acting like I knew what happened, all I saw was the personal pettiness of the ones getting angry at each other. It was over 12 hours later that I learned that some players got bugged to the side they didn't sign for.

I am just bringing up the realism that it was not a lopsided battle and why even bring up the short handed if it wasn't a slaughter?

You do realize I am treated very nastily by support right? Maybe not the fort battle strategist, but their bosses for sure. So if you think I am getting something from them, you are very mistaken and I am sure some of the mods do wish I would perish in a speed server, probably even have a party for it.

Anyway, the support team does not have a time machine, so they are doing the only thing to ensure it doesn't happen again, which is more training. Guess they could have fired, but just means they got to train someone new all over again, which means more possible mistakes, so not sure what you expect, an all knowing person that needs no help.

Yes I do feel that a game mode made for team play with two opposing side, should include two sides playing. Not one side shooting zombies and farming, there are plenty of other games that offer killing zombies. Fort battle is not players vs zombies the last time I looked, but in your game play I am wrong obviously, I do believe you like non competitive battles after all, that is fine and all, there are literally 5 or more dead worlds just for you to do whatever, Colorado doesn't have to be one though.
Sure Jan, your reverse psychology won't work on me. As far as I recall, this is an international server, players from all time zones. And about training/retraining, I can assure you that this takes far less time than you might think.

Ektoras BOTrini

Don't spat nonsense then if you don't know what happened, so many of you feel like you are entitled to comment on every single thing meanwhile you don't have a clear view of the matter that you are commenting, I suggest you don't jump on commenting as you always are and try to be more senseful.

JWillow

Sure Jan, your reverse psychology won't work on me. As far as I recall, this is an international server, players from all time zones. And about training/retraining, I can assure you that this takes far less time than you might think.
Please don't call anything but my name, as this is international and I might not understand your reference and miss something, I much prefer the on the nose jabs.

Now as far as this is an international server, umm yeah I know that. I also know players can still have competitive off prime battles if that is truly what they want.

Though I once did ask for you to provide an example of a world that fills larges(event time) and mediums(non event), that does not have fort battle strategist. I am truly curious about this world that you idealize.

It might take less time, but when you make a mistake, is the trust there as fast as the training ends? I would think the giving of permissions goes slower.
Don't spat nonsense then if you don't know what happened, so many of you feel like you are entitled to comment on every single thing meanwhile you don't have a clear view of the matter that you are commenting, I suggest you don't jump on commenting as you always are and try to be more senseful.
Spat nonsense, I was in the battle it was not lopsided. I saw the drama in saloon, about being on the wrong side even though they were still in the battle chat for attack and ranked by the attacker. I saw the concluded friendship for something out of the affected players control.

What was not clear when I went to bed is how or why it happened. Like tickets are going to be answered when most are asleep, wasn't going to stay up waiting for answer on that, if they bothered to answer anyway.

What about you? You came here brining up accounts being invaded when that is not what happened or had nothing to do with the situation. Also of us both you have even less into than I do, you weren't there. We both know you only care about attacking mod at this point, not the game, well fine you want to get to 250 faster for who knows why when the game is failing on so many levels.