Flags - Guarding the Fort

DeletedUser

I have worked on the job for about 20 times now each being two hours slots. All the time I have worked with more than 90% motivation and I have even worked with the higher income premium for about 10 hours. Even after working for around 40 hours, I haven't got a flag yet.I have 60 labor points when working on the job.

DeletedUser

Thats to sad. I had some good luck. First guarding the fort for two hours and find nothing.
Then I guarded it for 1/2 hour due to lack of energy and i find two flags!!!

Guess that's good luck... :eek:

DeletedUser

Statistically it should take 50 times (= 25 hours) I think (it's a geometric distribution). I'm not going to focus on it, just do it when I can and see what I get ;)

DeletedUser

Thats to sad. I had some good luck. First guarding the fort for two hours and find nothing.
Then I guarded it for 1/2 hour due to lack of energy and i find two flags!!!

Guess that's good luck... :eek:

Two flags in 30 minutes? Are you sure it wasn't an hour?

DeletedUser

I've done this quest with 5 chars across 5 worlds. It's totally random, and I'd say it does work out to probably about 25 hours on average. If you've tried for 50, congrats: you're unlucky (so far). Your next half hour has a 2% chance to find the flag. The half hour after that, you'll have... a 2% chance to find the flag.

As was pointed out, guarding the fort is pretty good exp. for a low level job, so just make it one of the first things you do when you head out from town (low $ from it = low fear of duelers stealing your $) and schedule your high $ jobs later, closer to when you return to safety.

DeletedUser

i havn't done guarding the fort yet. I can't be bothered with it. I just do other quests until getting the flag is the only one left

DeletedUser

I tried twice again because of The Revenger Quest for 3 hours with 80 labor pointsn ow and still no luck yet. Even after 43 hours I haven't got it. Does being a soldier spoil the luck?

DeletedUser

I don't know about the praying bit. A lot of players think certain things make them more lucky, and as far as I can tell, even praying hasn't been proven to give any actual advantage.

Just keep repeating the job with reasonable motivation. Took me maybe 16-18 hours but I got it before I got the quest, it's a good EXP job, so I don't see why it's so painful for people to keep doing more hours.

:p

Because eventually you reach a high level and the job becomes a waist of time. After 30 hours without finding this flag at 100% motivation you start banging your pc saying things like -cough- the west.! :blink:

DeletedUser

I got mine a long time ago on w5, and yet here I am, guarding the fort for 8 hours for another stupid quest!

DeletedUser

I tried twice again because of The Revenger Quest for 3 hours with 80 labor pointsn ow and still no luck yet. Even after 43 hours I haven't got it. Does being a soldier spoil the luck?

FWIW, of my 5 chars who've found a flag, the soldier took the longest. :blink:

DeletedUser

Wew....guarding the fort for 28 hours still can't get union flag !!!

Why union flag is so hard to get? same as hunting turkey......under lvl 10 already got the quest but LP to do hunting turkey doesnt make in sense :(

DeletedUser

have tried for 48 hours till now.Still no luck

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

All I can say is, don't worry about it too much.
Ensure motivation is on 100% as I found that to help me when I needed the flag.

;) :cool:

DeletedUser

however, motivation has no influence on finding products.

It's always the same, unless you pick adventurer class or buy a PA

DeletedUser

3% for an item is really tough!
But I just happened to find the flag when I had 100% motivation and it took me 11 hours.

I see Adventurer adds 10% to finding items!
PA adds 30% wow...
Nice, really nice..

;) :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: