Fastest way to lvl?

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
Dex and shooting, you'd buy one dex ever time the cost of an attribute was less than double the cost of a skill. Calculate the best clothing bonus you can get for those jobs (they are all pretty similar), take the bonus away from the amount of skills/attributes. Once you get to the resulting number of skills find the best value product for your nuggets (sales price vs nuggets) and buy clothes if they are cheaper than the price of the bonus in skill points.

I don't recommend doing it but that's the cheapest way to pay for the fastest training route.

You could donate the money to other worthy causes, like me, for just £75 a week you can buy me electronics and pizza.

DeletedUser

Hhahahah, well Saltin... Hehe
I don't use that "trick" on purpose. The NPC shot me twice in the head when I had low health, I died. The one on the mountain, prior to Jacob. Either he is now boosted or I did something wrong with my build. Or he just got lucky. Prior to this two days ago I've never been KOed on this server.
But if I was worker, then yes, I would do it. There has been enough town statistic pumping on the workers.

And I still say ppl some ppl won't join a town because they're scared.

LOL Joxer who do you think you are speaking to? dude i know you remember? You are constantly KO'ed by NPC's on several worlds because you are too scared to fight -to use your own words-.

Furthermore you are giving specific instructions to your own town mates to follow your lead into being too scared to fight (again by your own characterization).This is not a temporary situation this is the way you play the game.

Anyone can check this,at any time...like right now for example i just did a quick check on multiple worlds and you are KO's in all of them.

I am not interested in throwing mud at you Joxer,i bode no ill will towards you but you should be careful about throwing rocks outside when you live in a house of glass yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Saltin, the phrase is - 'people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones'

and i dont see how that phrase fits anything in this thread. anyway as you were.

DeletedUser

Jesus Christ...
I'm KOed on w12 and I've posted a screenshot on w12 subforum who KOed me. It was Derek. Not some NPC.
Here I'm not KOed deliberately because NPC KOed me. If you can beat both Jacob and Mugridge on your level without being KOed, great, but I couldn't. Here's the last night screenshot:
66166105.png

Saltin, sorry for saying this, but you're not normal. Your assumptions are total fail. And please do not lie about me on the forum. You have not a slightest idea on how I'm running a town.
If I was scared of being KOed then I'd be townless. You can't understand why do I think that townless people are scared? Your problem pal.

And what other multiple worlds you've seen me KOed? I'm a newbie playing only w12 and Arizona. Please, pretty please, get off my back.

DeletedUser

Saltin, the phrase is - 'people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones'

and i dont see how that phrase fits anything in this thread. anyway as you were.

One of the fastest way to level(for some builds) is being outside of a town.
Or alternatively one of the fastest way to level(again for some builds) is being in town but constantly KO'ed.

JOX wants to label townless players with a tag of "too scared to fight" while he himself is subscribing to the exact same thing by hiding behind NPC KO's.
A bit disingenuous if you ask me,so i am setting the record straight so to speak.

Anyways.. these 2 methods insure that your energy supply is not disrupted and that your job earned income stays with you (so you can buy even better equipment and level faster) and that your leveling progression is not slowed down by unwanted duels.

This is directly relevant to this thread,how can you miss the obvious.

DeletedUser

:rolleyes:
I asked this:
Please, get off my back. Is it so hard?

Fast leveling has nothing to do with being in town or townless nor with KO. It has also nothing with NPCs, nor with being scared. As I've said:
Being a townless doesn't guarantee you'll level up faster.

Unlike your trolling all over the place I've posted a few tips for newbies on leveling (http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=479974&postcount=3):
Ppl please. We were all newbies once. Though... I refuse to play whatever has an "empires" in it's name because it's probably not a MMORPG but classic boring "farm 24/7 or die" clone.

Afro, you decided to be an adventurer? Ok. I bet most of players will agree with me that you should go pure on your first server. That means put every point in a certain skill on each level up till you reach the best job you can get there.
Adventurer pure builds most of players choose are:
1. Trapper (setting traps + dexterity) - quickly gets high XP jobs, does good range damage in duels
2. Hider (hiding + mobility) - not so quick as the trapper, but many good XP, money and luck jobs, plus gets a good dodging in duels
3. Leader (leadership + charisma) - I'd say almost good as the trapper in XP jobs, but not so good in duels
4. Trader (leadership + trading) - I'd say this build in Arizona is not good, LP affects the money from jobs, and on old versions this build was used to get silver mining job as soon as possible
5. There are more pure builds, but... For example shooter, but he lacks of good XP jobs on low levels. If someone else want to add other builds, please do.
6. Wanna know my build? I've invested all skillpoints into hiding till I've opened hunting wolves job (good XP and luck jobs, later will flourish with charlatan's set) but all abilitypoints into charisma. Now I'm investing points into leadership and dexterity. Why did I do that? In short: Because this allows you to solve many quests and is usefull later for fort fights. In dules? This build sucks. But I'm not interested in duels otherwise I'd never go for an advanturer but would be a soldier. And I'm currently in top20.

Next thing - you say you aren't level 10 yet? I'd say restart your hero. And do this:
1. Solve the tutorial
2. Go kill some NPCs in NPC duels
3. Use a part of the energy on jobs to solve early quests, another part on more NPC duels to get higher levels
4. In only 2 days you'll be level 12-15.

The difference, indians, traders... When you choose a class, you just set the picture you want and that's it. That picture doesn't affect your character in any way, they do look different, but all get the same bonus.

And what hut are you talking about? There are no huts in this game. If you want a place to live than you will join a town or make your own one. Remember, you don't have to be a townmember.

And you're totally off topic here.
You don't like my posts? Please put me on your forum ignorelist. Thanks in advance.

DeletedUser

:rolleyes:
I asked this:
Please, get off my back. Is it so hard?

Fast leveling has nothing to do with being in town or townless nor with KO. It has also nothing with NPCs, nor with being scared. You're totally off topic here.
You don't like my posts? Please put me on your forum ignorelist. Thanks in advance.

I am free to post what i think in the same way you are.I normally try to make an effort and make my point without being too offensive if at all possible,in some cases though i feel people are just asking for it.. like when you try labeling townless players,then act offended when people ask about your own actions (and yes you are permanently KO'ed and scared to fight) it's easy to check.

If you are build for jobs and not for duels then leveling efficiently has everything to do with not getting dueled .
Loosing energy sets you back.loosing money sets you back.
For example this is why often time trappers will stay townless till about the early 60's when they respec to shooters and join then a town.
Is it the best way?maybe maybe not,but it is a good and efficient and fast way.

I am very much on topic.You are not.

DeletedUser

Yes you're free to post, but for the third time:
please get off my back.

What's wrong with you?
You turned this into some personal vendetta for no apparent reason.

And honestly I don't have to read any more of your posts with my nick in them. So I'm puting you on my forum ignorelist. Have fun. I hope you love the screenshot of my quick levelup:
23223033.png

DeletedUser

I should lay bait around these parts more often.

This is a good fishing hole.

P.S. He still wasnt 'those in glass houses shouldnt throw stones' but maybe 'the pot calling the kettle black'

:)

DeletedUser

I should lay bait around these parts more often.

This is a good fishing hole.

P.S. He still wasnt 'those in glass houses shouldnt throw stones' but maybe 'the pot calling the kettle black'

:)

The talk between me and jox has ended,we have finished it off in private where it belongs.
This though remind me of your previous post Your previous post was "concerned" with quote: "and i dont see how that phrase fits anything in this thread",yet you are clearly trying to fan the flames with an out of topic post.Troll much lately?

My previous post were on topic,i have pointed out why,i will recap it for you: Leveling fast can involve being out of town or in town with perma KO's.

If you have something to add that is relevant to the subject at hand then do so,if not you can continue with this.Keep in mind that with only 17 total posts that your post trolling ratio with increase rather quick.

DeletedUser

And I still say ppl some ppl won't join a town because they're scared.
Of course we're scared. We don't join on day 1 & there's too many 'heros' who believe that picking on new players is good.

Some of us to build up so that we can give it back to them.

I'll join a town when I can (support a town &) hurt some of these 'heros'.

And being in a town when at low levels, getting hit by 'heros' is a sure way to slow yourself down before you're ready.

DeletedUser

The talk between me and jox has ended,we have finished it off in private where it belongs.
This though remind me of your previous post Your previous post was "concerned" with quote: "and i dont see how that phrase fits anything in this thread",yet you are clearly trying to fan the flames with an out of topic post.Troll much lately?

My previous post were on topic,i have pointed out why,i will recap it for you: Leveling fast can involve being out of town or in town with perma KO's.

If you have something to add that is relevant to the subject at hand then do so,if not you can continue with this.Keep in mind that with only 17 total posts that your post trolling ratio with increase rather quick.

are you still going?(tumble)

i told you i was baiting you sherlock, but you type a rant about me being a troll, honestly Poirot.

all questions were rhetorical.

/finished.

DeletedUser13388

So I was wondering what the quickest way to lvl up was. And I stumbled upon this German thread that I translated. I was wondering if it worked?
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.the-west.de%2Fshowpost.php%3Fp%3D227094%26postcount%3D62&lp=de_en&btnTrUrl=Translate
It translated a bit weird, so just f.y.i.
skill = dexterity
perseverance = stamina

Cheers :)
The fastest way to level up,is to duel high lvl builders ;) You can do that 4-5 times per day,on that way you will gain huge exp and nice cash ;) And between the duels,you can work jobs :D

DeletedUser

DragonFly, are you sure that current #1 player did that? In fact, all top15 players?
I'm not so sure. :p

DeletedUser

The fastest way to level up,is to duel high lvl builders ;) You can do that 4-5 times per day,on that way you will gain huge exp and nice cash ;) And between the duels,you can work jobs :D

True but only if you can find targets right?

+ if it's really the fastest way then you wont be finding too many "high levels" since presumably you are at the top of the food chain.

+ Dueling builders closes shopping(for when you need gear) not to mention it's not exactly the most "feel good" method.

But yeah i agree it is a valid and efficient way.

DeletedUser

It is the fastest way :ph34r:
But only if one is allot lower level than ones targets.

I checked for fun today and i would gain about 80 xp for beating the player ranked nr 1 in duel rankings and i doubt he is a defensless target :laugh:

But if one starts a world late there is no beating the xp that can be earned from dueling other players who are defensless and several levels higher and some random jobs on the side when motivation gets to low.

DeletedUser

But on the other hand those players farming workers early will get a high dueling level early and will have to live with beeing farmed themselves by higher level fighters who get good xp from beating them easy later in the game :ph34r:

DeletedUser

But on the other hand those players farming workers early will get a high dueling level early and will have to live with beeing farmed themselves by higher level fighters who get good xp from beating them easy later in the game :ph34r:

Well if they are resistance duelers they can be very tough to beat even with a level difference.

Resistance duelers camping workers get attacked very often too by the town soldiers that are trying to get them off their workers.They can make huge exp like this without even spending the energy or the motivation at all.

DeletedUser13388

Well if they are resistance duelers they can be very tough to beat even with a level difference.

Resistance duelers camping workers get attacked very often too by the town soldiers that are trying to get them off their workers.They can make huge exp like this without even spending the energy or the motivation at all.

Not only if you are resistance.Soldier on defense,can beat 10-15 lvls higher players without a problem.