Fancy Boots, there IS a need to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

he could always sell the boots if they're really "not that good". The money he made off that would be more than he lost being banned a couple of days. The exp points he missed out on does suck, I think the boots make up for it fairly well.

DeletedUser

I'm not trying to tell anyone how to do their job, but I have to agree too.
Being banned incorrectly sucks, but this sets a worrying precedence. Give free nuggets, sure, the game is balanced for them, but not for giving someone a very expensive and impossible item.
Afterall, whatever this player achieves, people will still say "That's because he got those boots".

And I also have to wonder whether a "nobody" who was banned incorrectly would have the same treatment. I know at least one player who had a ban overturned without any compensation.

Still, this is all just my opinion. :)

DeletedUser

I agree with you rebel. You got screwed more than anyone. I just think they should have given you free premium for a couple months or something rather than give you something no one else will be able to get for weeks to come. Probably would have made everyone happier, including yourself.

It would make me financially better off, but everyone in the top ranks will be using premium, and I would have been too, so no real in game compensation.

HotNSexy - as simple as it sounds, I'd imagine it would be very hard, as you have to bare in mind quests, new hotel's nearby, luck of getting an item in a job, the chance that that item helps me unlock a new job that I would use, if I rank up then what I put my points in and what job's that would unlock...

If I could just take a moment to vouch for the mods not differentiating between premium and non-premium players, I have been banned on another innogames game where I purchasing premium, and after argueing for much longer they finaly saw their mistake and reversed the ban, but all I got after complaining about everything I lost (which, on TribalWars is a lot more than you would on here) I pretty much got a 'oh well, sucks to be you' response, hence why I haven't purchased premium from Innogames since, and how rank 1 would have been the only thing to change my mind.

DeletedUser

I personally don't see a problem with it given the circumstances. I don't exactly like it , but would dislike it more knowing a player got banned for absolutely no wrong doing.

I think the staff as a whole here does a pretty fair job , and are fair people.

DeletedUser

The staff here are fair and very nice people, well most of them are nice ;)

I just don't think fancy boots was the way to go.

DeletedUser

Well I do agree with the decision of the devs by giving Rebel some sort of apology "gift" for his unfair banning, someone who gets to rank 1 with premium that gets unfairly banned for weeks should deserve something more than a casual apology, but I think that a free premium for a few months would be the best option for them to give you Rebel, not boots that nobody else in the game on this world has a chance of getting yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I am level 4. I have no emotional stake in any other players gear, premium status, or what they supposedly lost due to an unfair ban...but after reading this, it's definitely surprising/suspicious and I am too bored not to comment.

I'd bet my fancy felt hat that there is some other factor missing because it doesn't make sense as the situation stands right now. But really this is an individual game and it doesn't matter what another player has compared to the rest of us, especially as the weeks and months go by. Otherwise there would be no incentive to join a world when it has already been in progress for a long period of time. It's not Rebelwars fault so no use yelling at him. Plus I doubt any of us would give back a free item worth $8,500.

Maybe this will set precedent for giving away undeserved and impossible to obtain free gear in the future so don't complain TOO much on this thread in case you are the innocent victim of an unfair banning a few weeks from now. ;)

DeletedUser

Well I do agree with the decision of the devs by giving Rebel some sort of apology "gift" for his unfair banning, someone who gets to rank 1 with premium that gets unfairly banned for weeks should deserve something more than a casual apology, but I think that a free premium for a few months would be the best option for them to give you Rebel, not boots that nobody else in the game on this world has a chance of getting yet.

I doubt if he would have got those if he wasn't a premium player.

btw, thanks Gem for the explanation.

DeletedUser20647

but he didnt have premium did he? i mean, he does not have the medal....

DeletedUser15605

Good luck to him. Pretty soon there'll be tailors with them and it'll all be forgotten about. Nothing sinister happening. Just a gesture to a player wrongly done by to make up for a mistake. it isn't like it's a Hernando's Sword or some other hard to find/obtain item.

DeletedUser

I doubt if he would have got those if he wasn't a premium player.

btw, thanks Gem for the explanation.
Rebelwars does not have Premium, if he had Premium he would have the "Development Aid Worker" Medal.

I am level 4. I have no emotional stake in any other players gear, premium status, or what they supposedly lost due to an unfair ban...but after reading this, it's definitely surprising/suspicious and I am too bored not to comment.

I'd bet my fancy felt hat that there is some other factor missing because it doesn't make sense as the situation stands right now. But really this is an individual game and it doesn't matter what another player has compared to the rest of us, especially as the weeks and months go by. Otherwise there would be no incentive to join a world when it has already been in progress for a long period of time. It's not Rebelwars fault so no use yelling at him. Plus I doubt any of us would give back a free item worth $8,500.

Maybe this will set precedent for giving away undeserved and impossible to obtain free gear in the future so don't complain TOO much on this thread in case you are the innocent victim of an unfair banning a few weeks from now. ;)
The item was based on his Level, and what he had lost. So it was perfectly fair.

What if the player didn't want free Premium because he never used it to reach rank 1? have you thought of that. Not all players like to use premium.

DeletedUser

Well no maybe he is right hahaha

Well Tell us what job you got them from!!!!!!!

Cause what ever jobs that was I doing it every-day because yea the boot might not be that great but if you sell them at this level you can buy some nice stuff from that money.

I get about $150 each day at my level so $4435 would come in really handy!!!!!!

DeletedUser

Ah, so he was treated differently because he was a high level.
Oh well. :p

DeletedUser

Well no maybe he is right hahaha

Well Tell us what job you got them from!!!!!!!

Cause what ever jobs that was I doing it every-day because yea the boot might not be that great but if you sell them at this level you can buy some nice stuff from that money.

I get about $150 each day at my level so $4435 would come in really handy!!!!!!
Read a guide.

Ah, so he was treated differently because he was a high level.
Oh well. :p
That is manipulating my words.
The item he received was based on his level.

Status
Not open for further replies.