Fancy Boots, there IS a need to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

There is a need to discuss Rebelwars' fancy boots, how did he get them? "He got them legitimately" is not a good enough reason for those of us who can't get them and pay premium to play. If the reason he got them can't be mentioned then he probably should not have gotten them in the first place. The person who GAVE them to him should have the guts to admit to the premium players that we are just getting the finger and getting screwed. Want to reward us? Take away the idiotic "Development Aid Worker" medal and give us the freaking fancy boots at level 24. This is a total bunch of BS and the people who know how it happened and won't fess up are too gutless to be an admin or dev.

DeletedUser

im not in this world but maybe just maybe he bought them. $8870 isn't that hard to get, even without premium.

DeletedUser

yes maybe, but there are no tailors in that world that have Fancy Boots

DeletedUser

The highest level tailor on this world is level 5. Fancy boots are level 9 tailor. No chance he bought them.

DeletedUser

im not in this world but maybe just maybe he bought them. $8870 isn't that hard to get, even without premium.

It's pretty hard to get when there are no level 9 Tailors anywhere in the world!

Seriously guys, if you want any more premium money in this world, you need to address this issue. It's absolutely ridiculous to give someone a competitive advantage like that just because an administrator made a mistake. It's not worth it for paying customers.

DeletedUser20647

farmville?

you can go play farmville if u really cant stand it....

DeletedUser

It's pretty hard to get when there are no level 9 Tailors anywhere in the world!

Seriously guys, if you want any more premium money in this world, you need to address this issue. It's absolutely ridiculous to give someone a competitive advantage like that just because an administrator made a mistake. It's not worth it for paying customers.

you do know that if he did find it it is completely random that he found it right

if any of the mods are on please explain it to the people

edit: this from here
http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=31289

Artemis Gordon said:
I had it checked out, and he did get them legitimately. No need for further discussion of it. Thanks for pointing out something that didn't look right.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It's not the person who gave me the boots that should have the guts to admit it, it's the person responsible for me getting them.

Trust me, I would trade those fancy boots for what I should own. And I do own nuggets, however, I have not had the need to use them yet. Stop acting like your getting screwed over, I was screwed over much worse, and maybe you should include the bonus for fancy boots to what you already own and see which jobs you unlock. For me, it wasn't anything substancial, nothing giving me a huge benefit.

DeletedUser20647

in my honest opinion, you guys are exaggerating, it's not like got hernando's sword with a low-level requirement, it's just fancy boots.... nothing that speical really

DeletedUser

Is this all really just because he was wrongfully banned? Is it really just a 'Oops sorry out mistake. Have some boots'?

If so I'm just wondering if all players that have been wrongfully suspected of cheating are to be given reparation bonus's from now on.

If admin had decided to maybe give him free premium for a couple weeks I can understand that, but to me this seems a bit much. I know of plenty of players who have been wrongfully banned that didn't get much more than a 'I'm sorry we were mistaken'.

Leading me to wonder things like 'Who do I have to bribe to get banned and then rewarded for it 10 fold' or even 'Which mods should I be getting buddy buddy with in order to gain unfair advantages over other players'. Not saying that's the case but makes me wonder nonetheless.

If he really did find them doing some magical job accessible at his level then disregard this all together. But I suspect if that were the case we would have heard about it already.

DeletedUser20647

have you ever heard the song "don't cry" by guns n roses?

DeletedUser

you do know that if he did find it it is completely random that he found it right

if any of the mods are on please explain it to the people

Either 1) he hacked it, 2) it was given to him, or 3) it was a random find on a lower luck job. #1 has been eliminated as an option, so that leaves #2 or #3. What's the probability of 3?

What I understand is that high cost items are found with high-luck jobs, and I've never gotten anything like that doing jobs like Treasure Hunt in other worlds. There no chance he's doing those jobs yet. Which makes #2 the most likely probability, doesn't it? The question is why?

DeletedUser

One thing wrong about this thread: we do not differentiate between premium players and non-premium so threatening the staff that you'll not buy any more premium is nothing to do with us. Most staff are volunteers, and myself and Phil are the two employees of Inno for .net.

We have left it up to the discretion of the player involved in this to reveal what he wants, but as it is a public issue I will say a few words.

This was nothing to do with a player being "pals" with a moderator. A player was banned wrongly over the christmas period, thus losing his rank one and all the xmas quest rewards. An ingame member of staff selected an item close to the player's level in order to compensate for this.

If you go out of your way to be banned, thinking you will receive items like this, you will not get anything and will most likely lose gameplay/premium time due to being banned. This has been one of a very select few cases where this has happened in the year that I have been supervising and modding here, and I believe our team is good enough for this to only happen rarely.

Thank you

DeletedUser

Not much more to do now but hope for a rare unwarranted ban in the future I guess :razz:

Thanks for the clarification though Gem.

DeletedUser

Not that I care at all about this guy's boots, but I don't think any item that gives a certain player an advantage over others, where only he can even have it for a lengthy period of time, should be given out, even if it was a rare circumstance. Something along the lines of exp/money to compensate would make more sense to me, instead of giving out an item.

DeletedUser

I don't have an advantage, overall I've been at a huge disadvantage because of the circumstance.

DeletedUser

I agree with you rebel. You got screwed more than anyone. I just think they should have given you free premium for a couple months or something rather than give you something no one else will be able to get for weeks to come. Probably would have made everyone happier, including yourself.

DeletedUser

Yes a disadvantage while you were banned because you couldn't log in and play, but an advantage now since you have an item that no one else can get for a while. That's why I said exp/money to compensate would make more sense to me. How hard is it to calculate your average exp/money per day since you joined W11? Not very. And then they could have just gave you your exp/money per day times how many days you were banned.

DeletedUser

+ x-mas quests weren't that good to a low level player. So I agree with HotNsexy, xp's+ money would've been right. Cuz I think those boots are too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.