"Extra" Inventory slot

DeletedUser6752

What is the inventory slot in the lower left for? I see people with all sorts of items there - from a saw to a beaver trap to even an orange.
Does what you put there have some effect on what you are currently doing? Like, if I put a beaver trap there am I more likely to get a beaver pelt or a beaver trap?
I have searched for an explanation, but since I don't know what that slot is actually named I have had no luck.

DeletedUser

That's the "paperdoll" slot. It's discussed elsewhere on these forums, searching for "paperdoll" will give you the best answers. It has no effect, besides being used for a couple quests. It's mostly just used for showing off rare products, like Union flags.

The most recent discussion is a little bit further down the page on Questions & FAQ. http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=11293

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I would of thought the term paper-doll slot in this game referred to something thats only visual-

hence using the term to describe the slot ingame where something can be placed ,

like those old paper dolls people still play with, where changing cloths has no effect other then visual

DeletedUser

I would of thought the term paper-doll slot in this game referred to something thats only visual-

hence using the term to describe the slot ingame where something can be placed ,

like those old paper dolls people still play with, where changing cloths has no effect other then visual

Please do a web search and learn the facts, rather than clinging to a faulty assumption which leads you to misinform others. "Paper doll" already has a meaning in computer gaming, and it is more intuitive and rational than what you described -- although I'll give you consolation points for at least having some sort of rationale behind your (erroneous) thought. :)

The wardrobe avatar -- all of it -- is the paper doll. End.

DeletedUser

WRONG. There is no such thing as "the paperdoll slot". The whole wardrobe -- all slots, together -- is "the paper doll".

Do a web search for "paper doll" and edumacate yourself.

Sorry to be so grouchy but this is rather irritating when the information is so simple and easily understandable, yet people are running around talking nonsense. :eek:hmy: :mad:

*tries to find an appropriate slot on Luap Nor for his foot* :p