Evilution: the Descent of Man

DeletedUser

I’m sorry Elmyr. All I had time to do before was post a quote. I haven’t read anyone’s comments yet, so don't yell at me if I am repeating something that has already been ranted at. I'll be back on soon. For now:

The Law of Cause-and-Effect:
“No effect is ever greater nor qualitatively superior to its cause. An effect can be lower than its cause but never higher.”

The First Law of Thermodynamics:
“Energy can be converted from one form into another, but can neither be created nor destroyed.”

It therefore teaches quite conclusively that the universe did not create itself; there is nothing in the present structure of natural law that could possibly account for its own origin. However, energy must have been created someway because it exists. The Law of Cause-and-Effect clearly shows that universe could not have been its own cause.

The Second Law of Thermodynamics:
“Every system left to its own devices always tends to move from order to disorder.”

This law clearly requires the universe to have has a beginning. The previous laws prelude it having begun itself. The only possible reconciliation of this problem is that the universe was created by a Cause transcendent to itself. It’s obvious by definition that neither the big-bang theory nor the steady-state theory has any observational basis. In fact, they contradict both Laws of Thermodynamics. This is just another reason why they are philosophical speculations, not science, secondary assumptions to avoid the contradictions implicit in the evolutionary model.

DeletedUser

And what laws caused God to come into existence? If life and the universe is so complicated as to require a creator, then the creator would have to be even more complex and require his own creator, who would require another creator, who would require another creator...infinite regress. There is no science or logic in creationism. It's pure myth, just like the creation myths of every other culture. You think your beliefs are right and every other culture is wrong and that's just pure arrogance.

DeletedUser

It was the christian god, who created the universe.
It is Thor, who creates thunder and lightning.
It is Poseidon, who creates floods and tsunamis.
It is Xiuhcoatl, who creates droughts and bad harvests.

It is that easy. All you need to do is to separate your mind from reality and fill that gap with divine powers.

DeletedUser

Whether or not you prefer to believe in God, you must still belive in some kind of uncaused first cause. You must either postulate matter coming into existence out of nothing or else matter itself becomes its own cause, and then I may ask: "But, then, who made matter?" In either case, therfore, one must simply believe in eternal, omnipotent matter or else in an eternal, omnipotent Creator God. However, if matter created everything, then we are back to the law of cause-and-effect. It just doesn't work.

I don't want you to look at this like I'm just attacking you without an open mind. If you are able to prove to me that evolution did indeed happen, I will change. I'm not just attacking your beliefs for the debate of it. Our origins and our eternity are not laughing matters. However, what you said about me thinking my "beliefs are right and every other culture is wrong and that's just pure arrogance" was sort of mean, don't you think? Just because you believe that evolution is right and creationism is wrong doesn't make you arrogant. We are all entitled to our own opinions, it's not arrogance. If I'm not mistaken, I have never called any of your beliefs (or anyone else's for that matter) stupid or inferior. If I have I do apologize, but I always try to respect other's viewpoints.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It was the christian god, who created the universe.
It is Thor, who creates thunder and lightning.
It is Poseidon, who creates floods and tsunamis.
It is Xiuhcoatl, who creates droughts and bad harvests.

Actually God created all of the above. ;)

DeletedUser

Then he should lay off the floods, because Bangladesh is starting to think He doesn't love them.

DeletedUser

Everything happens for a reason. Pain brings about character. When I was a seven year old girl getting up at 3:30am to make food for the men in my family to eat while I was at the hospital with my dying mother, I asked why. But now I see why.

DeletedUser

JR copycatter :p

John is quoting Captain Obvious, and Oisin is quoting John...that doesn't make him wrong.

Captain%20Obvious%20Oh%20you%20have%20an%20opinion%20copy.jpg

DeletedUser

Everything happens for a reason. Pain brings about character. When I was a seven year old girl getting up at 3:30am to make food for the men in my family to eat while I was at the hospital with my dying mother, I asked why. But now I see why.
Pain brings about character. But look at what kind of characters:
Conservatives who condemn good people to Hell, and are prejudiced against themselves.

Seriously. If you think that's character building, then I think it's clear that your opinions are extremely skewed.

JR copycatter :p
You got a problem with our Guy Love?

DeletedUser

Pain brings about character. But look at what kind of characters:
Conservatives who condemn good people to Hell, and are prejudiced against themselves.

Seriously. If you think that's character building, then I think it's clear that your opinions are extremely skewed.

My religious beliefs were part of my raising. My father was a preacher. But, that is not what I meant when I said that. Are you capable of being nice? Seriously...

DeletedUser

Actually God created all of the above. ;)

Well, there are about 2 dozen omnipotent beings I've heard of, which are supposedly the cause of all this claimed by their respective followers. There's just no reason to believe any of this was true, as it's just a historical coincidence that these opinions have survived. So is the Christian belief. It is just the history of political and societal power that makes it common in Euro-descendant countries. In other countries people are fighting for their believes with the same enthusiasm as you do, but that doesn't make any of these opinions more right.

As I tried pointing out with my post above, Religion is simply "the way with least resistance". You can learn stuff when you're a child and don't have to change your views on that until you're aged and die. Science however is always fluctuating, sometimes you have to forget and abandon everything you knew and replace it with new knowledge. And that does hurt..physically even. Rearranging synapses and overthrowing one's mind isn't as easy as it may sound.
And that's the reason why religious beliefs will probably always be part of even the most scientific orientated societies. It provides some sort of steadiness and comfort, kind of an anchor in the chaotic sea of reality. However, riding on the waves of chaos, always changing directions, never knowing where to or when or if it ends, is fun though. :)

DeletedUser

To those who don't offend me with every word.
Allen, how am I offending you. I'm just stating my beliefs, just as you and the other's are. One woman against three guys, and yet I am the offending one.

DeletedUser

Oh, I'm sorry, Virginia. I didn't realize there were three of us. Seriously? What was going through your head when you wrote that?