Evilution: the Descent of Man

DeletedUser

He still supposedly made light on the first day before the earth, thus before there was any reference point, thus before there could be a day. I don't have Ulysses memorized either, and it's written much better and makes a lot more sense than the Bible.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Genesis 1:1-5
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters. Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.

Now the jokes on you. All three of you!

Do you understand the word "light"? Do you understand Physics at all? Light needs a source. Words cannot be the source of light, as words are sound, another form of energy.

Without the sun or the stars, there would be no natural light on earth, so to suggest that light, daytime and nighttime existed on Earth before the sun or the stars is ridiculous.

You've messed up with Geology (YEC), Biology (Creation), Physics (Light), History (Adam & Eve) and Archaeology (Garden of Eden). What's next? Chemistry? Architecture?

DeletedUser

Jack B. said:
The question remains, how could there be a first day without light?
And are you sure about those lines anyway? I mean, I somehow doubt god was talking in 21st century English...Do you have the original lines so we can find out what he really said and did?

O.K. Jack, maybe I can give you an example you could understand. In certain Arctic regions it is only light outside during a season and then darkness roles around for a season. For months at a time there is no light. However, they still function with days. You don't need light to have a day.

oisinallen, the light source was God. God was emanating the light. You don't need a scientist to figure that out. However, you are mistaken on one point, Mr. Physicist. Once a beam of light leaves its source, it continues on until it is absorbed by something. So, technically, once God spoke light into existence, He didn't need to create a source. He had just "invented" it.

P.S. You have yet to refute my young earth stance oisinallen.

DeletedUser

O.K. Jack, maybe I can give you an example you could understand. In certain Arctic regions it is only light outside during a season and then darkness roles around for a season. For months at a time there is no light. However, they still function with days. You don't need light to have a day.

... I live in a country where we can experience the 24 hour night, or 24 hour day depedning on the season.

I served in the armed forces just north of that invisible line wich divides those whom loose daylight during winter, and those whom do not.

There was 1 hour of light though, dusklike light, between 11 and 12:00.

FYI loads of people get winter-depressions due to the lack of daylight, and they genrally "live less" as we say during that period.
When summer comes though, one is up at all hours, and it is not uncommon to visit your neighbour at 03:00 during the night to have a chat and a cup of coffee!

One may not need light to have a day, but one still has a clock to measure it, so I guess the first thing your god invented was the clock!

DeletedUser

You don't get it, do you? The problem is still there und unexplained, because you need to have to be able to measure time in first place, you need a scale, and that is existent and known before the months of darkness in the arctic. When God supposedly created light there was nothing at all, which could have served as a time scale.

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
I wonder why it took god a week with a rest, when he could have done everything instantly with no rest.

DeletedUser

Well, and then there is the question of why bother with time at all. As he knows exactly who will exist and who will worship him as he wants and who won't, why not just jump straight to the heaven and hell part?

DeletedUser

Well, and then there is the question of why bother with time at all. As he knows exactly who will exist and who will worship him as he wants and who won't, why not just jump straight to the heaven and hell part?

Maybe this villainious god enjoys seeing us struggle, fail and burn in hell?

DeletedUser

I'm reading a very interesting article about Evolution in the "Kijk" now...:indian:

DeletedUser

oisinallen, the light source was God. God was emanating the light. You don't need a scientist to figure that out.
I doubt you could figure that out if you had a scientist. He would probably point out how odd you were being.

However, you are mistaken on one point, Mr. Physicist. Once a beam of light leaves its source, it continues on until it is absorbed by something. So, technically, once God spoke light into existence, He didn't need to create a source. He had just "invented" it.
Without a source, this beam could only continue if God didn't create anything to absorb it. The problem with that can be found at the very beginning of the Bible. You know, the part where god makes stuff.

P.S. You have yet to refute my young earth stance oisinallen.
Geology. There. It's been refuted.

DeletedUser

The thing that makes no sense... You say you are saved just by believing in Jesus. So why do you even bother being such a tool about the facts of evolution? Millions of "saved" Christians all over the world have no problem comprehending evolution and don't think there is any conflict between it and God.

DeletedUser

OK, Justin & Virginia. Your branch of Christianity teaches that only belief in Christ will get you into heaven. Deeds have nothing to do with it.

Now, let's use a little logic. What kind of person would found this kind of branch of Christianity? A person who had done some terrible deeds, obviously. So you're following a criminal.

DeletedUser

God has never sinned, and if deeds had anything to do with it we'd all be in hell. Yes, even Mother Theresa. We're all sinners. There's a consequence for our actions. As a scenario, let say each person sins only once a day (that's being gracious). There are 365 days in a year, so when we we're twenty we had already sinned 7,300 times. By the time we're forty, we'd have sinned 14,600 times. By the time we're sixty, we'd have sinned 21,900 times and by the time we're eighty, we'd have sinned 29,200 times. Frankly, if we walked into a courtroom with that many crimes against us, we'd be locked up for life -- if not killed. We deserve hell. God took our place in hell so would could go free. That's love.

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
You have some really nasty people down south who will relieve their guilt everyday by praying.

Without grudges there is no need to forgiveness, everything that is not held to a grudge can be put right in a practical way.

DeletedUser

God has never sinned, and if deeds had anything to do with it we'd all be in hell. Yes, even Mother Theresa. We're all sinners. There's a consequence for our actions. As a scenario, let say each person sins only once a day (that's being gracious). There are 365 days in a year, so when we we're twenty we had already sinned 7,300 times. By the time we're forty, we'd have sinned 14,600 times. By the time we're sixty, we'd have sinned 21,900 times and by the time we're eighty, we'd have sinned 29,200 times. Frankly, if we walked into a courtroom with that many crimes against us, we'd be locked up for life -- if not killed. We deserve hell. God took our place in hell so would could go free. That's love.

If he can decide who goes to hell and who don't: Why doesn't he just forgives us and send us to heaven instead of damning himself to hell?

DeletedUser

we'd all be in hell. Yes, even Mother Theresa.
Wow, what an intelligent person you are. Seriously? Every sin deserves Hell? That is the furthest possible thing from love. That's beyond even hate.

Hopefully some other god will kill yours soon.

DeletedUser

Wow, what an intelligent person you are. Seriously? Every sin deserves Hell? That is the furthest possible thing from love. That's beyond even hate.

Hopefully some other god will kill yours soon.

That's what the NT says. Not me. :(

DeletedUser

Well don't be sad that you have to do what the Bible says. You don't.

You could convert any time. You know you want to.