eight hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diggo11

I think its fine the way it is. At the moment you can have 8/16 hours sleep queued or even /24/32 if you use premium. Remember not everything should be automated - some things need to rely on the players being at their computers.

DeletedUser

I think its fine the way it is. At the moment you can have 8/16 hours sleep queued or even /24/32 if you use premium. Remember not everything should be automated - some things need to rely on the players being at their computers.

From an energy perspective you would never need to queue up more than 16 hours of sleep. My point is wanting a nap feature is alot of times if I nap for 2 hours or so I can do another job during the day before sleeping for 8 hours at night. It would just make sense to me to have sleep available in 2 hour increments.

Diggo11

From an energy perspective you would never need to queue up more than 16 hours of sleep. My point is wanting a nap feature is alot of times if I nap for 2 hours or so I can do another job during the day before sleeping for 8 hours at night. It would just make sense to me to have sleep available in 2 hour increments.
Even if you have 0 energy, a level 1 hotal and have premium to support 150 energy?

Anyway as I said not everything should be automatic. If you want to have less than the standard (and in real life recommended) 8 hours then you should come and cancel it yourself.

DeletedUser

yeah u dont really have much control over it unless u are willing to log in to cancle it

DeletedUser

Even if you have 0 energy, a level 1 hotal and have premium to support 150 energy?

Touche, you would need it then.

I find it interesting that people are so against something that wouldn't negatively hurt them. Obviously I'm in the few who would like a nap. Thanks for pointing that out.

DeletedUser

this is a pointless thread...

well, maybe instead, you can enter how much time only from 6-8 hours (How much a western cowboy would sleep) but not just a gay nap of 2 hours...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Actually, you're still wrong. You never need to queue up more than 16 hours of sleep. If you have a level 1 hotel and premium energy you regenerate 96 energy points per 8 hours, or 192 or 16 hours.

If you have a level 1 hotel but don't have premium energy you regenerate 64 points per 8 hours, or 128 for 16 hours.

And yes, this thread did have a point (some people want to sleep for less than 8 hours without having to cancel it) before it was crapped on.

DeletedUser

The original post:

why is it that when you sleep you only have the option of 8 hours i would like to have a choice of say 2 hour intervals up to eight hours because sometimes i am near my town and i need to rest to gain some energy to do another 2 hours or whatevrr but my only option is 8 hours which is a waste of time

Lets look at it this way. There is no point to this at alll. You set 2 hours of sleep because you don't have enough energy to do another job that requires 24 energy. In 2 hours with premium you get 24 energy. Enough to do one job for 2 hours. Think about it. When you go to sleep you don't have enough energy to cue up another job anyways...not until after you sleep for a bit. So the point is moot. You would have to be back at your computer in 2 hours to cue the next job anyways. If you have to do that you might as well just manually cancel the sleep.

So that makes this thread pointless.

DeletedUser

Anyway as I said not everything should be automatic. If you want to have less than the standard (and in real life recommended) 8 hours then you should come and cancel it yourself.
you do know that the more energy premium also adds 50% to energy recovery right ?

DeletedUser

You set 2 hours of sleep because you don't have enough energy to do another job that requires 24 energy.

Actually this isn't always teh case.
Some times you get hit bad, or get an awful accident whilst working, and you need/want to spend an hour or two in bed to get that hp up. Whilst sleeping you regenerate a good deal of hp with level 5 hotel. level 5 hotel regenerates 100%, so if one is to assume each hour gives an equal amount of energy/hp regenrated, then one could further divide by the amount of minutes, and the final result would be ~0.21% regained each minute.

If you are down at 100 hp, and you got a total of, let's say, 700 hp, then 1 hour in bed will get you up to ~187. NOt sure what the natural regenrative rate is though.

EDIT: I might have messed up my math some, if so, correct me.

DeletedUser

For non-premium accounts, the net loss of energy for working 2 hours is 18 energy points. (24 points for working - (2 hours * 3 energy points regenerated per hour)). Therefore, with a level 2 hotel (which regenerates at 9 points per hour) this is what I'm going for:

Code:
 Energy Start              Hours                  Energy Finish       
    100                   2 (Job)                      82       
     82                   2 (Job)                      64       
     64                   2 (Job)                      46       
     46                   2 (Job)                      28       
     28                   2 (Job)                      10       
     10                  2 (Sleep)                     28       
     28                   2 (Job)                      10       
     10                 10 (Sleep)                    100

Also, the sleep doesn't have to be at the end. You can move it earlier in the list but the idea still stays the same.

DeletedUser

right so say i am away to go to bed and i only have 23 energy i can set my guy to sleep for only 2hrs and then make him do his work when i am asleep instead of 8 when i wil be away anyway or no sleep at all this thread does have a point though.

DeletedUser

I remember this! It wasn't a bad idea, but I don't think any changes to the current sleep/energy system will ever be implemented. For one thing, while this would be more useful with premium automation, you don't really have energy problems with premium energy and premium automation. It's hard to use all that energy unless you're a meth addict who never sleeps...hey, there's an idea!

DeletedUser

right so say i am away to go to bed and i only have 23 energy i can set my guy to sleep for only 2hrs and then make him do his work when i am asleep instead of 8 when i wil be away anyway or no sleep at all this thread does have a point though.
See Denisero's comment above. You can't cue that job until your char has the energy needed.

I still like the idea anyway, and I also still say it's very low priority.

DeletedUser

oh yes that is my other point that it should come straght away your energy but if you cancel your sleep it goes to what it should be thus letting you cue up work i think i said that somewhere else b4 oh yes earlier in this post.

edit my bad spelling has been changed

Status
Not open for further replies.