Easter Showdown

DeletedUser22685

Aside from using them to reset the timer in the Showdown what can the eggs be used for? Should i be trying to get as many as possible & why?[/COLOR]

You can also use them to bribe NPCs if you lose.

Why would there be an option otherwise to bribe and keep your win streak ;)

Because a win streak is also needed for the winner's set.

DeletedUser31022

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=55039 Read the last line. It indeed does not say directly you have to have wining streak to win Easter showdown items but logis itself tells us we need to have wining streak(acumulated amount of consecutive wins). Why would there be an option otherwise to bribe and keep your win streak ;)

Why would there be the option for the bribe??? That's obviously for those that want the Steam Powered Items! It's stated clearly that's the purpose of the streak and not gaining the event items.

Every event has had their event items which have not needed the streak to obtain so this sudden unannounced or even clearly stated change is not welcome. I've spent a lot of money on this game over the last 4 years and as much as I like it they're making it easier to walk away from.

And after looking at the link you provide it doesn't state anywhere that the event set depends on the streak. "Three of which are prizes for winning duels in the Showdown, and one is a reward for beating the bandits a certain amount of times." It DOES NOT say a certain amount of times IN A ROW just a certain amount of times! And all other events as I've said above have had their items rewarded for the same exact thing.. just a certain amount of wins not within the streak!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34315

The easter showdown set most certainly takes a number of wins in a row without losses- a streak. So, bribing is essential if you intend to collect that set.

DeletedUser35520

i understand your frustration and have had my own run ins with things in this game that were unclear. however your best option now is to just keep 500 eggs at all times for the bribe and start climbing the ladder again. there is plenty of time to still complete the set. some servers i'm a free player on and have had no problem doing so. It may be annoying and I'm sure you were not the only one with this problem. You have voiced your concern, just do your best to move forward, because if you dwell on it, it will ruin the event and possibly the game for you. get your easter set and be happy :abe:

DeletedUser15699

Are new weapon sets even good for jobs compared to Allain or Elfego weapon sets?

Pankreas PorFavor

I have a little problem with bribing the opponents... I admit it was my mistake, and I should have been more careful, but I would like to see this done differently in one of the future tombolas.
Anyway... My winning streak was at 61 when I lost a duel and I instinctively clicked to bribe my opponent with eggs. At the time I had less than 500 of them, and my winning streak reset back to 0. I had enough nuggets for the bribe, but my hand was quicker than my brain. Do not multitask while playing, eh? If only there was a warning - "You don't have enough eggs, would you like to use nuggets?" I would gladly use them. Instead - back to start.
Things like this can get really frustrating. My own fault, I know... Players used to sell quest items to the inventory trader by mistake and they would be restored by the admins. If only there was a way to restore my winning streak in a similar way. From what I understand, administrators can't do that, but I hope that the devs will have things like this in mind in the future.

DeletedUser8131

Pankreas, I did the SAME thing. Like you say, my mistake, but I sure wish I could have backed up and used the nuggets. Now I need ANOTHER 40+ winning streak to catch up to where I already was. My fault, but geez.... Not sure I can recover. Oh, well, just a game, right?

DeletedUser22685

Win streaks are easy since eggs are so easy to get. You pretty much have an endless supply of free spins whenever you need them. At this stage of the event, losing your win streak is nothing but a small inconvenience unless you're going for the winner's set.

If you equip your best appearance gear you'll never lose a duel anyway.

DeletedUser35968

Pankreas, I did the SAME thing. Like you say, my mistake, but I sure wish I could have backed up and used the nuggets. Now I need ANOTHER 40+ winning streak to catch up to where I already was. My fault, but geez.... Not sure I can recover. Oh, well, just a game, right?

I dueled them in my dueling gear, but the results ratio was 3:2.
But when I used complete gentleman set, I never lost a duel out of 88. I am not skilled as a dueler.

You still have enough time to reach 75 win streak.
The event will be there for another 10 more days.

Calculations:

Suppose you have 100 friends ---> you get minimum 1500 eggs.
You work at least 8hr a day ---> you get 3000 eggs.

So you have 4500 eggs in a day. That is 9 duels.

You get 3 free duels per day. So total 12 duels per day. 12 *10 = 120. that is 120-75 = 55 more duels.
even if you spend 55x500 eggs for bribing, you can still have the whole set.

PS: Do not go to duel them everytime you have 500eggs. Just wait to reach the counter to 00:00:00 then duel until the eggs are less than 1000.

DeletedUser8131

Win streaks are easy since eggs are so easy to get. You pretty much have an endless supply of free spins whenever you need them. At this stage of the event, losing your win streak is nothing but a small inconvenience unless you're going for the winner's set.

If you equip your best appearance gear you'll never lose a duel anyway.

Futu, pretty sure you're right - an inconvenience, :eek: but it will be okay. :p

Anoop, I'll try the gent's set and see if that improves my win-ratio. Thanks.

DeletedUser22685

Gent's set gives more than half as much of a bonus towards tactics as it does appearance, and since tactics will help the defender it's not the best way to go. If you search for "appearance" in your inventory window and choose the item of clothing in each category that gives you the highest appearance whilst avoiding other duel skills where possible and tactics completely (charisma AP are okay), you should see even better results.

Gent's set gives you roughly 30 more appearance than tactics, which is not great. In my appearance gear I'm able to get 110 more appearance than tactics, and that's without any expensive level 120+ gear.

Dubjean

I'd like to see it changed in the future so you get credit for the eggs you send out instead of receive. That would benefit those that a) played the game daily and b) took the time to send eggs (or hearts or wtv) to all their friends. You may be sending out 2000 eggs daily but not receiving that many if your "friends" aren't sending. The only way to check is to go through the list of reports and drop those that aren't sending and add others that may, which is very time consuming.

DeletedUser35968

Gent's set gives more than half as much of a bonus towards tactics as it does appearance, and since tactics will help the defender it's not the best way to go. If you search for "appearance" in your inventory window and choose the item of clothing in each category that gives you the highest appearance whilst avoiding other duel skills where possible and tactics completely (charisma AP are okay), you should see even better results.

Gent's set gives you roughly 30 more appearance than tactics, which is not great. In my appearance gear I'm able to get 110 more appearance than tactics, and that's without any expensive level 120+ gear.

I knew that. But I've never lost a duel in gentleman's set + golden set, out of 110 now. I regularly scores 800-1200 damage. I am full construction and uses melee. I guess, there might be some interesting facts..

DeletedUser22685

I knew that. But I've never lost a duel in gentleman's set + golden set, out of 110 now. I regularly scores 800-1200 damage. I am full construction and uses melee. I guess, there might be some interesting facts..

I'm not saying the gentleman's set doesn't help, I'm just saying there are better alternatives if you're still finding it hard.

DeletedUser35968

I'm not saying the gentleman's set doesn't help, I'm just saying there are better alternatives if you're still finding it hard.

When I tried duel them using Cullen's set, my hits were like 40 - 80 range. maximum : 200-500 range.
but when I switch to gentleman's gear, my hits were 150-250 range. max: 800-1300 range.
odd. isn't it?

DeletedUser22685

When I tried duel them using Cullen's set, my hits were like 40 - 80 range. maximum : 200-500 range.
but when I switch to gentleman's gear, my hits were 150-250 range. max: 800-1300 range.
odd. isn't it?

That's not odd at all considering Cullen's set gives a tonne of reflex and toughness. It's nothing to do with the Gentleman's set increasing your damage, it's Cullen's reducing it.

DeletedUser35968

That's not odd at all considering Cullen's set gives a tonne of reflex and toughness. It's nothing to do with the Gentleman's set increasing your damage, it's Cullen's reducing it.

oh! you mean, the bandits also have our toughness and reflex?
I never thought about it. thanks for clearing.