Easier Jobs, Higher Luck

DeletedUser6359

I based the development of my character mostly on the jobs I have to do to complete quests. I admit I wasn't planning early into the game. But to undo the wrong decision I made on the development of my character will take an eternity. If it would have been easier then more people would enjoy the game knowing that it is more flexible- capable of opening itself to more possibilities. Not on the fact that you will be stuck to what you ended up after this and that. If you have wrongly configured your character you seem to feel bored with the game and you don't want to continue any further cause its now too hard to achieve your goal whatever it is. I think that there are more people who have gone into my situation than those lucky few such as you that have supposedly "planned their decisions".

There is no "supposedly planned" to it, it was a deliberate act...plain and simple. I played World 2, learned a few things and when I started my character on World 3 I approached htings differently. Now I have two characters on two different worlds that have developped differntly but areboth good at different things. Your problem is you built your whole work around the quests, sad part is I did too and somehow I'm still out in front at the same level. But I've got a character on two that can build bridges and explore while my character on World 3 can't do these things he can Evangelize, Transport Ammo and Trade with Indians. 110 level ago I couldn't do any of these things on world 3 but I looked at West Steats, figured out how to maximize my skill useage, moved some things around using the Shaman, and now I have a powerful character that can make money, find great items, and still gets beat down on a regular basis by duelers. That's my trade off....I can find good stuff but I can't build crap and I can't fight. But I PLANNED my skills that way and don't complain about what I can't do. I reevaluate as I go and build according to my goals. YOu might be right, more people might have gone oyur way than mine but guess what...the successful one's have been smart about it and done it my way and are thriving. The rest either need to smarten up or stop crying. EIther way altering the whole game to cater to people that play badly is ridiculous. Instead of making excuses listen to what I've told you and make the changes.

DeletedUser1105

it IS flexible. You have two paths available to help you change your character:

1) Buying items of clothing that fit the skills of the job you wish to do. With bonuses on 4 items of clothing, you can get a lot of points.
2) By using the shaman to change your skills (I am doing this on World 5, and I do one a day, so each one costs me $50 and not the incremental costs).

Yes, both of these are expensive, but that's the price you pay for making mistakes. As has been said, do the jobs that give you the most money mixed with those that give the more valuable products to sell.

Yes it is long winded, but it damn sure isn't difficult. I think it is fine the way it is. It SHOULD be long winded, because it ensures that those who put more time into thorough planning reap the rewards, which is fair enough.

And I'm on your side of the fence here. I need to change 20-30 skills on World 5, at $50 once a day it is expensive and time consuming (becuase as a dueller I am finding that I may not make the needed $50 in a day.). But I don't complain. That's just what I have to do becuase I stupidly put those points where I shouldn't have.

DeletedUser6359

I do have a lucky collection. I have 9 unused attributes and 17 unused skills. My last aces.

That's actually smart playing and exactly what I did on level 3. I followed quests until level 25 or so and only used points and skills as I absolutely needed them to do the bare minimum to complete jobs. At one point I had something like 15 attribute and 30 somethign skills to throw around. I decided I'd rather find good items than complete quests and started dumping my points into Appearance and Trading. Now I got a character that can find awsome stuff which is what I take pride in. Use what you have and design your character accordingly.

DeletedUser

I can build bridges. I have 9 unused attributes and 17 unused skills, my last aces. I need more items. To do much change will take much. I want this thing to be flexible. You give someone who made a mistake another chance to undo the mistake or create something even better from that mistake so they continue playing. Its that simple verdict.

DeletedUser6359

That's why you have the Shaman to change your skills around, THAT is how you fix your mistake. Or you play in another world and use what you've learned here to keep from makign the same mistakes there.

DeletedUser

In world 3 I have some reserve attributes and skills I plan to use for charisma and appearance.

DeletedUser6359

Then use them and stop complaining about how everything is unfair.

DeletedUser

I reused the skills I used on swimming to build bridges. I can't do it now but I can build railroad stations.

DeletedUser1105

Bill if they made the changes you are asking for, it would result in a poor game.

DeletedUser1105

It would unbalance the game. If you could get better value items (i.e. higher luck percentage) early in the game, there would be no need to aim for those high end jobs, becuase you could make a killing from selling valuable items.

DeletedUser

Everybody can't do the same jobs. A level 40 dueler can't build railroad stations but I can cause I have construction items to help me. There still has to be 105-120 skills needed for you to do high luck jobs but they can be more focused on different skill requirements so you can't expect a level 20 or 25 to be doing them. I did not suggest that the particular skills needed to do high luck jobs has to be changed. They just have to decrease the difficulty even for a little bit so more can hope to so those jobs. For example Trading with Indians with 223 difficulty, why not make it just 150?

DeletedUser

"they just have to decrease the difficulty by a little bit"
"trading with indians with difficulty 223 why not just make it 150"

please define little :D

DeletedUser

I do have a lucky collection. I have 9 unused attributes and 17 unused skills. My last aces.

ok now i am confused as to why your complaining that you can't do the jobs you want to do

DeletedUser

thats a lotr of spare points to have hanging around i done that at the start of world 4 but inly to level 5 wow ^^^^

DeletedUser

ok now i am confused as to why your complaining that you can't do the jobs you want to do
Spending those skill points may still not be enough to do high luck jobs thus a waste of effort.