Dueling

DeletedUser14006

289v7h1.png

DeletedUser14029

That, was Full Indian.
But I must say, I do not stand a chance against specified Tank-Busters. Say hello to electron, who lost on his revenge attempt as well >.<

Why, Derek, nice to see you back in action!

DeletedUser14006

Yup, It was full indian gear - I really am a shameless person when it comes to dueling :sad:

Though I have never tried all headshots before, even against resistance folk - off the back off this duel I have headed off to Obolon where there are a few resistance folk.

I am a little upset that I cannot duel Mash yet as even at level 99 my duel level is not high enough, he is worth 745XP at the moment, yet unavailable to be dueled :D

DeletedUser

Yup, It was full indian gear - I really am a shameless person when it comes to dueling :sad:

Though I have never tried all headshots before, even against resistance folk - off the back off this duel I have headed off to Obolon where there are a few resistance folk.

I am a little upset that I cannot duel Mash yet as even at level 99 my duel level is not high enough, he is worth 745XP at the moment, yet unavailable to be dueled :D

you are not all bad derek or shamless you asked me for a duel and attacked when i was ready. MAYBE YOU JUST LOVE ME LOL:razz:

DeletedUser

@Derek you really must share that build with sometime, I would love to crush a tank just once. (if you choose to re-spec)

@The Pro I would like to offer my thanks, for backing me up the changes to dueling, etc.... either that or we are just unlucky... Seems to me only heavy aim,shooting/vigor,appearance seems to work nowadays. Which seems to have taken some of the enjoyment out of dueling....

DeletedUser14006

you are not all bad derek or shamless you asked me for a duel and attacked when i was ready. MAYBE YOU JUST LOVE ME LOL:razz:

I did post beforehand to Pro, approx 17 hours I think - it was unfortunate she was away from the game for so long that she came out of her sleep without being able to read the telegram.

DeletedUser

Total health points
- 582 HP
Total health points
- 1058 HP
Yookles passes out. kingjamesg wins the duel, gains 0 experience points and steals $75 from Yookles.

DeletedUser

Total health points
- 149 HP
Total health points
- 1112 HP
kingjamesg wins the duel, gains 0 experience points and steals $164 from myoonel

Total health points
- 178 HP
Total health points
- 235 HP
myoonel passes out. kingjamesg wins the duel, gains 0 experience points and steals $109 from myoonel

closing in on rank number 2

DeletedUser14029

oh, don't worry.
I stuffed 203 Aim standing straight I am still missing plenty 0.o

DeletedUser

this is the one that put me up to the number 2 ranks. thanks joe

No hit
Total health points
- 1253 HP
kingjamesg wins the duel, gains 0 experience points and steals $44 from Joe la gachette.

Diggo11

Pro, standing straight does not double your aim.
It does not double your aim skill, but it does double your overall aim.

Attack value

The attack value is decided by your aiming skill.

Either the attack value of the attacker or the attack value of the defender is lowered. With the skill 'tactics' the defender is able to use his home advantage. He chooses the side on which he stands and uses the knowledge of the town. The attacker uses his appearance to intimidate the defender. If the tactic skill of the defender is higher than the appearance skill of the attacker, the attackers attack value goes down. If it is lower, the attack value of the defender goes down. The bigger the difference between the skills, the more the attack value is lowered.

Additionally each player receives a bonus of five for the attack value.

DeletedUser14029

I never said it doubles my aim - in fact, I did put 203 SkillPoints into Aim plus I am standing all straight.

Surely, Diggo, would you mind telling me if the decrease in value by the difference between Tactics & Appearance is finite or infinite? Like, maximum is -30%?

Diggo11

Surely, Diggo, would you mind telling me if the decrease in value by the difference between Tactics & Appearance is finite or infinite? Like, maximum is -30%?
I am not sure, but I would imagine the difference is "set up as a curve" so every point you add in appearance / tactics becomes less and less valuable, thus no need for a cap. However, the initial formula would certainly account so that aim + dodge is more important than appearance + tactics.

If it helps I just stacked 243 appearance plus Belle Starr on my level 69 adventurer to try find out:
Code:
Challenger	Opponent

- 27 HP		No hit
No hit		No hit
- 30 HP		No hit
No hit		No hit
- 25 HP		- 46 HP
No hit		- 51 HP
- 31 HP		- 71 HP
No hit		No hit

Total health points
- 113 HP	- 168 HP

Diggo11 wins the duel, gains 83 experience points and steals $108 from bmxbrat.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

It does not double your aim skill, but it does double your overall aim.
I would not translate what the rules call attack value as overall aim, or aim.

What I am trying to say here, is that even though aim is the basis for the attack value, there is no way of telling how it is composed exactly. How is aim weighted in the attack value, how is the attack value reduced when compared to app/tac and how is it calculated against the defence value, etc, etc?

I would also say that aim, and dodge, give diminishing results. Putting 203 points into aim is probably not an effective way of spending ones dueling points.

On another note, Derek1982 the very persistent level-99 camper who refuses his opponents the opportunity to attack him back (if he can help it), lost attacking me today. He had to do me twice in order to win and knock me out. I am well pleased with that.. With every level I gain that first result will be more likely. :)

Derek1982 L99, DL153 vs. D. Saint L79, DL157, Today at 8:16 AM
D. Saint wins the duel and gains 260 experience points.
Damage: 521-344

Derek1982 L99, DL154 vs. D. Saint L79, DL157, Today at 9:26 AM
D. Saint passes out. Derek1982 wins the duel, gains 0 experience points and steals $42 from D. Saint.
Damage: 493-756

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14006

Give me a break Saint, I cannot be great at dueling both high resistance and tactic players :rolleyes:

As for persistent camper, well of course this is true since you came on here first boasting about kicking [expletive] in my original and still considered home town of Rock Ridge - I will do all I can to help out :)

DeletedUser

If you like to believe I am high on tactics, please do. BTW, I am also opting not to use any premium in W1.

With the kind of spec I have, I am believe I would beat you 10/10 times attacking, even at our current level gap. Care to let me try.. ?;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14006

If you like to believe I am high on tactics, please do. BTW, I am also opting not to use any premium in W1.

With the kind of spec I have, I am believe I would beat you 10/10 times attacking, even at our current level gap. Care to let me try.. ?;)

Of course you would beat me 10/10 - I don't have a single skill point in tactics :laugh:

Diggo11

What I am trying to say here, is that even though aim is the basis for the attack value, there is no way of telling how it is composed exactly. How is aim weighted in the attack value, how is the attack value reduced when compared to app/tac and how is it calculated against the defence value, etc, etc?

I would also say that aim, and dodge, give diminishing results. Putting 203 points into aim is probably not an effective way of spending ones dueling points.
I shall try make this my last word here.

First off you must understand that dodging comprises the defense value, it is entirely out of the equation at this point. We then know the attack value comprises of the skills Aim and Appearance minus Tactics (and possibly a random multiplier). Thus whilst we do not know the weights and ratio of each skill, we can determine attack value is overall aim, as it only comprises of skills that modify aim (and possibly a random multiplier). We can therefore conclude not dodging will double your "overall aim" but NOT the aim skill. It is after the attack value is calculated that the defense value is calculated (from dodging) and the two are compared to determine a hit or miss.

As for the diminishing returns - I agree. That's what I was talking about as a "curve", at first it goes up very quickly but slowly pans out that every extra point does less and less effect to the attack value or "overall aim". I could go deeper on that with lots of maths stuff but I'll save you the boredom :)