Dueling

DeletedUser

two back to back duels by mash but nada.. and james knows that i am not a tactics buff

1st
No hit

Total health points
- 157 HP Neo-quick wins the duel, gains 632 experience points and steals $85 from MashDK.

and the 2nd
No hit

Total health points
- 188 HP Neo-quick wins the duel and gains 632 experience points. MashDK did not carry any cash and Neo-quick walks away without taking any money.

well you are doing something right, he hits me 3 times every duel, it was one time so i added 25 to dodge and he started hitting me 3 times. so i removed it and the last 2 times he hit me once. go figure. plus with all my tactics and all my aim some how i miss him 1-3 times. the dueling is totally messed up.

DeletedUser

Total health points
- 360 HP

Total health points
- 1197 HP Greatest wins the duel and gains 0 experience points. MashDK did not carry any cash and Greatest walks away without taking any money.

got him right before he could go to sleep

guess ima have to wait another 20 or so hours to duel him again

DeletedUser14029

Come on D.Saint. I'm waiting.
Aries22 had been re-specing. Are you playing dumb or decided its still something to brag about?

DeletedUser

Total health points
- 177 HP

Total health points
- 1363 HP Greatest wins the duel and gains 0 experience points. MashDK did not carry any cash and Greatest walks away without taking any money.

pro darling, ill come visit u if ur lonely =)

DeletedUser

Come on D.Saint. I'm waiting.
Aries22 had been re-specing. Are you playing dumb or decided its still something to brag about?
1. Aries has 21 levels on me,
2. He was the one talking about "moving his tent over to me", etc.
3. He actually seems to believe that since he is losing against me, "the dueling system changed to allow lower level players a better chance".

In the end he only attacked me once and lost, hardly "moving his tent over", right? I couldn't give a rats ass about whether he is res-specing or not. He obvioulsy wanted to have his way with me, and I will enjoy having my way with him.

Yittak is more of the above, I wonder whether he will try to attack me again, ever. He beat me once, then lost and hasn't been back for more.

As for you Pro, don't lie awake waiting for me. I have no intention at all of visiting your town. If you really want to, you are welcome to stop by at mine.

Artagel,
Thank you! :)

DeletedUser14029

Honestly, when you haven't met the best, its easy to talk all the crap in the world.
You're not really worth my time. Perhaps you can learn from Nightmare7 and get me in Full Dancer as well. Then post all the same crap about how I am many levels higher than you - lol.

Whilst you beat Aries22 - of COURSE you will say luck factor did not increase, or it doesn't exist in the first place, you win because you're smarter - fine. Stick to this pipedream. WE know something went wrong. and that's all we need to know.

DeletedUser

Pro,
Again, I have no intention of visiting you, no matter what dress you are wearing.. ;)

I do not claim to be the best, I never will. But when players 20 levels above me openly state their intentions to go after me and then fail to follow up on them, I find it amusing.. Others like lindser, and now finally Derek1982, do follow up on their intentions. I just wished they would both sleep a little less so that I could visit them back.. :)

Regarding the dueling system. I have been playing this game for a year and a half, dueling hardcore all the time. In no world have I seen any signs that the dueling system has changed lately. And I haven't seen anyone, besides a few W1 duelers, report any suspicions about it. YOU cannot know that the dueling system has changed unless you are one of the developing programmers, so please stop stating it as a fact.

Furthermore, the dueling system does not always return the expected results, I have been truly frustrated more than once, there are too many random elements. Also, the number of different ways of building your character means that it is very hard to actually know what you are up against. My build is obviously effective against certain builds and probably less effective against others.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Illustrate how 208 Aim Standing all Straight can land only 2 hits.
A hypothetical scenario, huh? First, the example is quite useless when not knowing the full dueling skills of both fighters.

Having said that, there are many possible explanations. I will assume the dueler with "208 aim" is the attacker.

1. The defender has very high dodge.
2. The defender has very high dodge and tactics.
3. All hits, maybe including the ones that go through, were dodged in the "green".
4. The shots missed because of the random factor. There is always a chance shots will miss (or hit).
5. Any/all combinations of the above.

Also, dodging and aim (and probably app/tac too) both give diminishing results. 200 aim is not twice as effective as 100 aim. And I also doubt the Standing all Straight dodging option has ever worked as presented in the help section.

DeletedUser14029

You bet...
Before the update, I have 103 Aim. DODGING to different sides.
I have NEVER landed less than 2 hits - now I see THIS.

Ramble on.

DeletedUser

Pro,
Are you saying that you believe that your aim is doubled when you stand straight?

The dueling help section does say "that the attack value is decided by your aiming skill" and that "you can choose not to try to dodge and have more concentration for the next round. This doubles your attack value."

But that does not mean that aim = attack value. It is not known how the attack value formula is really composed. Nor is it known by which degree app/tactics reduces the attack value. And then again, it is not known exactly how the attack value is compared to the defence value (which is decided by the dodging skill) when a hit/miss is calculated.

Add that to the fact that there is a random factor, that skills give diminishing returns and that every players dueling set-up/skill mix is different, and you come to the conclusion that dueling results are very difficult to predict or to make general judgements from.

Lastly, I am not trying to lecture you here. I do not know exactly how dueling works, nor do I know that the dueling system hasn't changed (they might very well make small, unannounced, adjustments with every update, though that is very unlikely). But from what I have experienced, I doubt anything has changed.
The same goes for you. You cannot know how it works because there isn't enough information. I would appreciate if you would stop calling my side of this "ramble", because it is not.

DeletedUser14006

Others like lindser, and now finally Derek1982, do follow up on their intentions. I just wished they would both sleep a little less so that I could visit them back.. :)

I think I remember reading a post before that mentioned you are level 99 in another world so you must know why I sleep so much, because there is not a great deal else to do :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Derek,
You can check me out in W6. No sleeping medals there, I assure you. :razz: I did put that account on vacation this week, though.

I hope you will allow me a stab (or rather, shot), in two days time.

DeletedUser14006

Sorry Dave, I don't roll that way - I prefer never to get hit if I can help it.

DeletedUser14006

Thank you sir, see you on world arizona if you join up - maybe there you can catch me awake.

DeletedUser

Total health points
- 1048 HP

Total health points
- 199 HP
mohals passes out. kingjamesg wins the duel and gains 0 experience points. mohals did not carry any cash and kingjamesg walks away without taking any money.

Someone stop him! (tumble)

DeletedUser

my new target i keep seeing him in town

No hit
Total health points
- 72 HP
Jesse James passes out. kingjamesg wins the duel, gains 0 experience points and steals $154 from Jesse James.

Total health points
- 348 HP
Total health points
- 1271 HP
kingjamesg wins the duel and gains 0 experience points. Aries22 did not carry any cash and kingjamesg walks away without taking any money.

Total health points
- 203 HP
Total health points
- 706 HP
kingjamesg wins the duel, gains 0 experience points and steals $48 from Yookles.

mohals where is the love? Please no one stop me i am becoming a pure trader