Dueling question.

DeletedUser

Who is this guy? He comes out of nowhere and tries to start trouble. My comment was referring to comments from August 12th, dude. Mind your own business, Niska.

Actually, the help file on this topic makes a lot more sense than using that formula to determine whether you can attack somebody or not. I wish I had read it first before posting on this thread. We could have avoided a lot of confusion. Instead, I chose to search the forum for keywords, which was a big mistake. That's where I read the posts about that formula. It wasn't on this thread, btw. Somehow the debate carried over to this thread though. Can we just drop this now? This is old news.

DeletedUser

Who is this guy? He comes out of nowhere and tries to start trouble. My comment was referring to comments from August 12th, dude. Mind your own business, Niska.

Well, you're consistent... That's about all I can say for you. It's no wonder to me that those that tried to help answer your questions became exasperated...

DeletedUser

Well, you're consistent... That's about all I can say for you. It's no wonder to me that those that tried to help answer your questions became exasperated...

At least they tried to help. You're just trying to piss me off. :mad:

DeletedUser

It turns out that I was right, on this subject, all along. The only way to know for sure if you can duel someone is to check their dueling status in the saloon.

No. It's not. You can know in advance simply by knowing your own duelling level who you can duel and, completely equivalently, who can duel you.

That stupid formula uses variables that can't be known in advance, by a human being. Who is going to win the duel? How should I know if I haven't fought it yet? Duh.

The formula only uses DL (duelling level) to determine who can duel eachother and it has nothing to do with your chances to win or not.

The formula for how many xp you gain has already been posted here. It's easy to chech that duelling anyone with a duelling level lower than 5/7'th of your own will result in you not being able to get any xp, and is thus impossible. Try duelling someone with a DL that's higher than 7/5'ths of your own duelling level, and they won't be able to get any xp - thus the duel is impossible as well.

Conclusion: You can duel anyone between 5/7 and 7/5 of your duelling level. If you duelling level is 35 you can duel anyone from DL 25 to DL 49. If your duelling level is 70 you can duel anyone from DL 50 to DL 98.

You and Elmyr are a wealth of information, Desinero. Nobody's questioning that. [...]
If the answer to every question is going to be "look in the help section or the newbie guide", then they wouldn't need you two to clarify things and provide a more detailed explanation.

Noone - and especially not Innogames - needs Elmyr and Denisero to answer questions and clarify things day in and day out, this is not something the do because they're moderators. Rather, it's the other way around. They've been helping the community actively here and have at some point been appointed moderators. There job isn't to answer questions that get repeated endlessly, giving a new differently formulated answer every single time (though they're doing a great job at this, which you'll realizes very soon if you keep reading the forums). They're simply good people who wants to help out! :)

DeletedUser

Dr.Drud, good post. Unfortunately, I think it will be lost on him.

DeletedUser

That formula in the helpfile is written to devise the amount of XP one can gain from a duel, obviously the higher level player will gain less XP than the lower level player. This is how it should be written to devise whether a duel can take place between two players.

(7 * dueling level of the lowest level player) - (5 * Dueling level of the higher level player) + 5 if result > 0 = game on!

DeletedUser

That formula in the helpfile is written to devise the amount of XP one can gain from a duel, obviously the higher level player will gain less XP than the lower level player. This is how it should be written to devise whether a duel can take place between two players.

(7 * dueling level of the lowest level player) - (5 * Dueling level of the higher level player) + 5 if result > 0 = game on!

Thanks, Quantrillo. Now that makes sense. Finally!!! The rest of you apparently didn't understand the point that I was getting at. Quantrillo got it though. Ok, can we please close this thread now, somebody? It's becoming a "Death to Greenwood" thread. :dry:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

To be honest it's the same formula I just changed the context, that's why people were getting a little irked I think. Anyway glad I could help.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the graph, Pi-Man. I understand the concept perfectly. It was just that the formula was for calculating one thing and everyone insisted it was for duel-purposes. However, a deeper examination of the formula proved otherwise.
Quantrillo and maybe one other person figured out where I was going with that debate, but everyone else thought I was just stupid. Thanks for the graph though.